The exam is structured as follows:
1) a written test to assess grammatical knowledge, written comprehension and translation skills;
2) a listening test to assess oral comprehension;
3) a speaking test to assess oral expression skills.
The written test is structured as follows:
1) a multiple-choice question to assess the knowledge of the topics included in Abbiati M., La lingua cinese, Cafoscarina, Venezia, 1992;
2) translation of two sentences from Italian into Chinese;
3) translation of a short text from Chinese into Italian.
During the tests the use of dictionaries is not allowed.
Written and listening test samples are available on the Moodle learning platform (https://moodle.unive.it/
), in the section "Lingua cinese 2 mod. 2 Cognomi S-Z [LT007I] - prof.ssa E. Pollacchi".
In order to pass the exam students must obtain at least 12/20 in the written test and at least 6/10 in the oral examination (listening + speaking): the final mark will be the sum of the scores obtained in the two parts.
Since Chinese language 2 is divided into 2 modules, i.e. Chinese language 2 mod. 1 (first semester) and Chinese Language 2 mod. 2 (second semester), and each module is assessed through an exam, the final score of Chinese language 2 will be the average of the marks obtained in the two exams. The 18 CFU will be awarded upon passing the two exams and obtaining the final mark.
Students must pass the first module exam (Chinese language 2 mod. 1) within the autumn exam session (August-September) of each academic year at the latest, and the second module exam (Chinese language 2 mod. 2) within the winter exam session (January). If they pass the first module exam within the autumn exam session, but fail to pass the second module exam within the winter session, the exam will be incomplete and, thus, failed. It will be then necessary to take again both exams. If students do not pass the first module exam within the autumn exam session in August-September, they can take it again starting from the next winter session, in January, also together with the second module exam.