CONSECUTIVE INTERPRETATION FROM CHINESE INTO ITALIAN 2
|Academic year||2020/2021 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||INTERPRETAZIONE CONSECUTIVA IN ITALIANO DAL CINESE 2|
|Course code||LM7340 (AF:317932 AR:170996)|
|Modality||For teaching methods (in presence/online) please check the timetable|
|Degree level||Master's Degree Programme (DM270)|
|Educational sector code||L-OR/21|
|Moodle||Go to Moodle page|
The course aims to: consolidating the abilities of consecutive interpretation from Chinese into Italian; learning to deal with interpreting on various topics; providing practical information on the professional activity as an interpreter and how to cope with different work conditions.
- Knowing mnemonics and note-taking basic principles and techniques.
- Knowing the characteristics of the phonology of the main Chinese dialect groups and their influence on Putonghua speakers.
- Knowing the cultural norms and critical points in intercultural communication
- Knowing the basic vocabulary of a variety of specialised fields in Chinese and Italian.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding
- Being able to use basic mnemonics and note-taking techniques in consecutive interpreting
- Being able to apply the knowledge of the characteristics and phonology of the main Chinese dialect groups in the listening of Putonghua speakers with regional accents
- Being able to apply intercultural competence to the practice of Chinese-Italian consecutive interpreting - Being able to correctly use the specialised vocabulary in Chinese and Italian in a variety of specialised fields.
3. Making judgements
- Being able to formulate and justify hypotheses in the Chinese and English delivery, developing a critical approach to the assessment of alternative hypotheses
4. Communication skills
- Being able to conduct a Chinese-English and English-Chinese consecutive interpreting using the appropriate vocabulary and linguistic structures
5. Learning skills
- Being able to critically use specialised Chinese-English and English-Chinese glossaries and independently expanding them according to specific needs
- Falbo C., Russo M., Straniero Sergio F. (a cura di), INTERPRETAZIONE SIMULTANEA E CONSECUTIVA. PROBLEMI TEORICI E METODOLOGIE DIDATTICHE, Hoepli, Milano, 1999.
- Lasorsa A. , MANUALE DI TEORIA DELLA INTERPRETAZIONE CONSECUTIVA, Piccin Nuova Libraria, Padova, 1995.
Teaching materials will be uploaded on MOODLE by the the instructors of the course.
Following health emergency measures, some changes have been made to the exam mode previously indicated in the syllabus.
The final exam of the main course will be held remotely on either Google Meet or ZOOM.
The final exam of the main course consists in listening to a short speech in Chinese spoken by the instructor (Prof. Zhu) about topics covered during the course, taking notes and interpreting it into Italian.