MANAGEMENT OF ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATIONS
|Academic year||2020/2021 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||MANAGEMENT OF ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATIONS|
|Course code||EM3A03 (AF:318965 AR:180842)|
|Modality||On campus classes|
|ECTS credits||6 out of 12 of MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING OF CULTURAL ORGANIZATIONS|
|Degree level||Master's Degree Programme (DM270)|
|Educational sector code||SECS-P/08|
|Spazio Moodle||Link allo spazio del corso|
The objective of the course is:
- to transfer the main concepts of Economics, in order to support the student in being able to critically analyze the internal and external dynamics operating in organizations;
- to provide students with an appropriate set of analytical skills to investigate the system of relationships that exist between the organization and its competitive and institutional system of reference;
- to offer an apt theoretical and practical framework, designed to promote the student's comprehension of the governance and management system in an organization, with a specific focus on the connection that decision-making processes have with eco-financial performance;
- to deepen the knowledge of risks and opportunities for cultural organizations, investigating decision-making and managerial tools necessary to tackle such conditions.
- Economic combinations, institutional assets
- The principles of Economics, Capital and Profitability
- Management and Strategy
- The competitive system
- Organizational Structures
- Economies of scale, scope, learning curve, make or buy, break even point)
- Principles of accounting
- Cultural organizations in Italy and abroad: models, tools, strategy
- Innovation and change in cultural organizations
Analytical discussions of specific case histories will be part of the program.
Slides presented in class will be part of the mandatory material.
- written exam (75% of final grade)
- group work (25% of final grade)
For non attending students, the exam will be composed by an exam at the end of the period.
This subject deals with topics related to the macro-area "Cities, infrastructure and social capital" and contributes to the achievement of one or more goals of U. N. Agenda for Sustainable Development