One of your choice between 1a) and 1b)
1a) C.B.F. Walker, Cuneiform, Berkeley-Los Angeles 1987 (= La scrittura cuneiforme, Roma 2008, trad. it. a cura di P. Coro);
1b) I. Finkel - J. Taylor, Cuneiform, London 2015
all students read:
2) J. Taylor, 'Tablets as artefacts, scribes as artisans', in K. Radner- E. Robson (eds.), Oxford Handbook of Cuneiform Culture, Oxford 2011, pp. 5-31.
3) R. Caplice, Introduction to Akkadian, Roma 1988;
4) Fl.Malbran Labat, Manuel d'epigraphie akkadienne: signes, syllabaire, ideogrammes, 6 ed. o succ.,Paris 1988 or
4a) R. Borger, Assyrisch-Babylonische Zeichenliste, Neukirchen-Vluyn 1978;
5) Materials from classes
6) On-line exercises and activities
- J. Huehnergard, A Grammar of Akkadian, Atlanta 1997 (= Winona Lake, 2000).
Further readings will be suggested in class.
Students who are planning to access the exam without attending the classes (or doing the e-learning activities) are kindly requested to contact the teacher during office hours well in advance to the examination date, in order to build an individual program (Please note: program requests by e-mail are not accepted). Failure to do so will result in not being admitted to the exam.