For attending and non-attending students:
1. Jean-Claude Lemagny e André Rouillé (eds.), "A History of Photography", Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1987 (1st ed. 1986).
NB: The book is no longer available to buy. It is available in the BAUM library and in the folder "dispensa" on Moodle.
2. Enrico Menduni, "La fotografia", il Mulino, Bologna, 2008
3. André Gunthert, "L’image partagée: La photographie numérique", Textuel, Paris, 2015.
NB: Foreign students who are not fluent in either Italian or French should contact the teacher to arrange the replacement of the books by Menduni and Gunthert.
Non-attending students and those who skip more than 30% of the lessons will prepare, in addition to the programme indicated above, one of the following books of their choice:
- Roland Barthes, "Camera Lucida: Notes on Photography", Hill and Wang, New York, 1981 (First ed. in French, "La chambre claire. Note sur la photographie", 1980).
- Walter Benjamin, "The Work of Art in the Age of Its Technical Reproducibility, and Other Writings on Media", ed. by M. Jennings, B. Doherty, T.Y. Levin, Harvard University Press, Cambridge (MA), 2008 [Only the following sections: 'The Work of Art in the Age of Its Technological Reproducibility' (pp.19-55); 'Little History of Photography' (pp. 274-298)].
- Clément Chéroux, "Fautographie. Petite histoire de l’erreur photographique", Yellow Now, Crisnée, 2003.
- Rosalind Krauss, "Le photographique. Pour une théorie des écarts", Macula, Paris, 1990.
- Susan Sontag, "On Photography", Farrar, Straus and Giroux, New York, 1977.
NB: Non-attending students should contact the teacher to confirm the exam programme, particularly if there are special requests or interests that are not part of the bibliography but are consistent with their curricula and the preparation of their thesis.