FUNDAMENTALS OF PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS
|Academic year||2020/2021 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||FUNDAMENTALS OF PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS|
|Course code||CM0549 (AF:336756 AR:177594)|
|Modality||On campus classes|
|Degree level||Master's Degree Programme (DM270)|
|Educational sector code||SECS-S/01|
|Spazio Moodle||Link allo spazio del corso|
In particular, the aim is to provide knowledge of analysis and management of data in order to enable students to develop the necessary skills to structure, process, and statistically analyze data to solve inferential problems.
1) know and use the main statistical tools necessary for the analysis of various phenomena in their manifestations;
2) know how to interpret a phenomena and provide a related summary;
3) critically evaluate the different scenarios in decision-making processes and in the management of uncertainty.
1) Introduction to statistical methodology.
2) Descriptive statistics in order to be able to interpret and summarize a phenomena through the application of statistical tools (data collection, frequency distributions, statistical indices).
3) Probability theory and random variables as an introduction to statistical inference (basic concepts, conditional probability and stochastic independence, Bayes theorem, common probability distributions).
4) Statistical inference to critically evaluate the different scenarios in a decision-making context (point and interval estimation, hypothesis testing).
5) Study cases: interactions among variables, connection and linear regression.
The program may be subject to changes or addictions.