At the end of the course the students:
1. wil have knowledge and understading of
- sociological key terms and concepts.
- the main theoretical perspectives in sociology
2. will be able to:
- use an appropriate sociological terminology
- illustrate a situation, a problem, a policy proposal from a specific theoretical perspective
- recognize a theoretical perspective within a political or policy discourse.
- compare different theoretical perspectives looking at the same social, politicl or policy problem.
3. Will be able to critically analyse:
- how social, political or policy problems are being defined
- how social, political or policy problems are being faced
4. ill be able to:
- summarize in writing the content of the most important sociological concepts and theories and refer to their applications to daily life and to the analysis of social and political phenomena, as well as of professional experiences.
- summarize and present orally, in a critical and respectuful manner, one own's observations and ideas with respect to discussion topics and questioninng proposed in class.
- summarize and present orally the results of groups discussions.
5. will be able to
- consult, study and critically summarize the contents of the course bibliography:
- connect the discussion topics proposed during the course (as well as daily life experience, readings etc.) with the course conceptual contents