Knowledge and comprehension
The student will acquire a knowledge of the periodization of Chinese history, from the pre-imperial and imperial period up to the 17th century; will acquire the tools for evaluation and critical analysis of issues concerning the economic, social, political and cultural development, and will be able to identify and contextualise the main textual and material sources, and will acquire awareness of the methodology of historical research.
Ability to apply knowledge and communication skills:
- to apply the knowledge acquired to other areas and subjects covered in the study program,
- to critically analyse the complexities of other historical periods, and to make simple comparative analyses of different historical processes (in a diachronic and synchronic perspective),
- to critically process the contents of the course and make consistent analysis,
- to acquire an adequate vocabulary and to use terminology in a informed and precise way.
- to critically consult the reference texts,
- to conduct independent bibliography research and to use web resources (databases, digital maps, ...),
- to improve the ability to read English language sources.