THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND POLITICS
- Academic year
- 2021/2022 Syllabus of previous years
- Official course title
- PEDAGOGIA GENERALE E POLITICHE EDUCATIVE
- Course code
- PFA001 (AF:366196 AR:194478)
- Blended (on campus and online classes)
- ECTS credits
- Surnames M-Z
- Degree level
- Corso Singolo 24 CFU
- Educational sector code
- 3rd Term
- Course year
- Go to Moodle page
Contribution of the course to the overall degree programme goals
Expected learning outcomes
Practical skills: Be able to provide models of analysis of educational and training practices by applying the acquired knowledge by providing relevant examples, also built autonomously.
Communicative skills: Know how to take notes, know how to formulate and explain the contents of the course clearly and arguing.
Skills: The student knows how to use the current terminology in generative syntax; To expose arguments in support of the principal theoretical hypotheses studied; How to build appropriate examples to support or refute a simple hypothesis of analysis.
Verifiable learning outcomes with on-site testing in the virtual classroom, and in the final exam: The student is able, after completing the course successfully, to know the main topics of the history of pedagogy; To motivate with examples the processes of qualification of learning; To analyze the main pedagogical theories in a comparative key; To interact on topics of discussion in the field of education and training.
1) Fundamentals of general pedagogy, of the history of educational processes and educational institutions
2) Introduction to the study of the theoretical, epistemological and procedural methodological bases of national and international pedagogical, theoretical and empirical research.
3) Analysis of the relationship between training, education, education processes.
4) Theories and models of interpretation of the curriculum
5) European policies and reforms of the education and training system
LESSONS IN PRESENCE
- Lesson I: Foundations of Pedagogy and analysis of the relationship between training, education and education
- II lesson: History of pedagogy
- III Lesson: Cognitivism, Adult learning, Curriculum Theories and European education and training policies and the reforms of the Italian school system
- Lesson I: Theoretical and epistemological basis of Pedagogy and the relationship with other disciplines
- II Lesson: Piaget Vigotsky Bruner
- III Lesson: The Italian educational system and the comparative relationship with other European systems
- Help manual for the contents carried out in the presence: Cambi F. (2010) Manual of the history of Pedagogy, Editori Laterza
I recommend reading the book but using the material of the face-to-face lessons to focus on the authors and themes that you are likely to find in the exam. For those who will not be able to attend on the days in attendance, the manual is used to contextualise and better understand what has been done in the presence, which in any case will be found in .pdf format on the moodle platform
- Materials online
The student will obtain a score based on various evaluation parameters which are reported below.
ONLINE ACTIVITIES (MAXIMUM 12 POINTS)
Description of the online activity evaluation system
3 online modules are considered, in which it is possible to obtain a maximum of 4 points for each module (the maximum sum obtainable for the online part is 12 points. To be admitted to the final exam it is necessary to accrue at least 6 points).
The comprehension test for each online module will contain 8 closed multiple choice questions, which receive a score of 0.5 points each.
FINAL EXAM: WRITTEN
The final exam will be accessed only after having gained a minimum score of 6 points in the online part. There are no recovery methods.
Tutors will monitor your activity and notify you of the deadline in good time. If there are any problems, these must be documented and must be communicated before closing the online form.
THE FINAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE IN A WRITING. THE TIME AVAILABLE IS 60 MINUTES.
The paper will consist of 5 open questions on the parts addressed in class (see slide), with an assessment of up to 4 points per question (maximum total: 20 points).
Each student will arrive at the written with the accrued score of the online (not lost if you have to retake the exam) up to a maximum of 12 points, which can be added to the mark of the written if AND ONLY IF a SCORE is obtained in the written MINIMUM OF 10 OUT OF 20 POINTS
Online lesson: Downloadable document with the topics concerning the module in progress. In the online lesson it is necessary to download and read the proposed contribution in depth (together with any attachment) and complete the related comprehension test which includes 8 closed-ended questions. To better organize yourself, it is good to read the documents available the first days of the week, and then devote the last days to carrying out the comprehension test.
The online activities are mandatory, as is the final test of each module.
The "Comprehension test" - The comprehension test is a simple exercise that appears at the end of each study module and, as anticipated, consists of eight closed-ended questions that verify the careful reading of the module and the understanding of the basic elements of the online lesson. You will have a total time of 30 minutes to answer.
In case of problems, contact your tutor. The deadline is mandatory and is set by the system: therefore, know how to regulate yourself. Failure to complete the comprehension test relating to each online module affects the continuation of the Course. Therefore comprehension tests must be carried out compulsorily.
Type of exam
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals
This subject deals with topics related to the macro-area "Human capital, health, education" and contributes to the achievement of one or more goals of U. N. Agenda for Sustainable Development