Certificates, graduation diplomas and supplements
The certifications issued by the public administrations regarding statuses, personal features and facts are only valid in relationships among private parties; in relationships with public administrations, the certificates are replaced by sworn affidavits (self-declarations) made by the concerned party.
From the above-mentioned date, when the recipient is a public administration, students and graduates in lieu of the degree certificate or enrolment certificate or the exams taken shall only submit the relevant self-declaration (art. 15 law 183 of 12/11/2011). That’s why the certificates that can be downloaded from the Reserved Area are worded as follows: "Under art. 15 of Law 183/2011, this certificate may not be submitted to public administration bodies or to private providers of public services".
Please note that currently in the Reserved Area, the following self-declaration forms are available:
- enrolment with exams;
- degree with exams;
- fees for calendar year.
Additionally, to enrolled students and graduates of the Ca’ Foscari University courses, the following certificates are issued, which can be used in relationships with private parties or foreign agencies:
- enrolment certificates (available in Italian or in English)
- enrolment certificates with exams (only for new-curriculum students under Ministerial Decree 509/1999 and Ministerial Decree 270/2004, available in Italian or in English);
- degree certificates (available in Italian or in English);
- degree certificates with exams (only for new-curriculum students under Ministerial Decree 509/1999 and Ministerial Decree 270/2004, available in Italian or in English);
- enrolment with fees for the calendar year (available in Italian only).
They can be applied for:
- by filling an ad-hoc form. A copy of a valid identity document and the payment receipt of the 16.00-euro revenue stamp shall be attached to each online online.
Only if you choose to deliver the certificates by carrier you also have to attach the receipt of the payment of the delivery service through the on line procedure.
You can find the rates below:
- 12 Euros for deliveries in Italy;
- 25 Euros for deliveries in Europe;
- 40 Euros for deliveries outside of Europe
- The service of releasing certificates at the counter of the Student Administration BA and MA is now suspended.
Please remember that, in order to obtain any type of certificate, it’s necessary to have duly paid all fees up to the time of application.
The same certificates may be directly obtained from the reserved area, but they will not have legal value since they’re unsigned and unstamped.
Authentication and translation of certificates
For other types of certificates in English or other language, please remember that it’s always possible to apply for an authenticated certificate in Italian, as described above, and have it translated.
In order to obtain the translation of the certificate in a foreign language, it’s necessary to ask sworn translators, enrolled in the Court list, or the Italian consulate/embassy in the country where the certificate shall be submitted.
Graduation diplomas are presented to students on the following occasions:
- during their defense of their thesis (Master’s degree programmes, degree programmes under the old university system);
- on Graduation Day (Bachelor's degree programmes).
The University has decided to deliver in person the Graduation Diplomas of the Extraordinary Session of the academic year 2018/2019 and of the Summer Session of the academic year 2019/2020 during some special days that will be planned as described on the web page
After these delivery days, graduates not attending will find on this web page instructions about how to receive their diplomas.
Consignment of diploma
The consignment of uncollected diplomas left in the archives will only be carried out via post.
The university will send diplomas using a courier (all delivery charges are at student’s expense). To request your diploma, follow these steps:
- send your Delivery of graduation diploma using a courier,which you can find in your personal area: Services> forms> Delivery of graduation diploma by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- attach a copy of your current ID;
- attach a receipt for the payment of 20.00 euro for delivery fees made by bank transfer or using the online payment procedure: if you graduated prior to the 2009 summer session, delivery fees will be 36.00 euro because they include the revenue stamp required for the issue of the diploma.
You can ask for your Diploma supplement to be sent along with your diploma for your first- or second-cycle/master's degree (under ministerial decrees 509/99 or 270/04) at no extra cost and paying the standard delivery fee only.
Should you mislay your original diploma, you may request the issue and consignment of a duplicate by submitting the relative request Duplicate of graduation diploma, which you can find in your personal area: Services> forms>Duplicate of graduation diploma and attaching the following:
- a copy of your current ID;
- a copy of the report of loss issued by the police or a declaration made under your responsibility – the so-called ‘dichiarazione sostitutiva dell'atto di notorietà’ – drawn up in compliance with the Decree of the President of the Republic 445/2000;
- a receipt for the payment of 107.00 euro, made by bank transfer: this amount includes a 16.00 euro revenue stamp for submission of the duplicate request, a 16.00 euro revenue stamp for the issue of the diploma, a 20.00 euro delivery charge plus a fixed administrative fee of 55.00 euro.
You may also send your request via email to email@example.com.
The Diploma Supplement contains all the key information with regard to the qualification and specific curriculum followed by the student.
It is issued in Italian and English only to graduates on first- or second-cycle/master’s degree programmes established under the new university system.
The Diploma Supplement makes it easier to assess student’s studies as well as promoting the international mobility of both students and employees, by supplying a detailed description of the qualification obtained, its value within the Italian university system, the description of the study modules taken by the student, as well as the average grades of other students enrolled in the same degree programme.
It consists of eight sections:
- personal information;
- information about the qualification concerned;
- information about the level of the qualification;
- information on the learning activities taken and the assessments and grades obtained;
- information on the sectors in which this qualification can be used;
- additional information;
- information on the national higher education system.
Ca' Foscari issues Diploma supplements to all graduates who have taken first- or second-cycle/master’s degree programmes established under the new university system.
The first copy is issued free of charge; every subsequent copy will be issued at a cost of 15 euros per copy to be paid by bank transfer.
Diploma supplements may be requested by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, remember to attach a copy of your current ID to your request.
The following information must be included in your request:
- name and surname;
- place and date of birth;
- student’s number;
- name of the degree programme for which the Diploma supplement has been requested.
Diploma supplements are issued within 30 days of the date of the request: you will receive an email or phone call to let you know when the document is ready for collection.
You can collect your Diploma supplement from the Student Administration Unit (remember to take your current ID with you): using the online procedure to book the date and time of your appointment.
You may also authorise another person to pick up your certificates, providing them with written authorisation and a photocopy of your ID.
Consignment of Diploma supplements
The university will send Diploma supplements using a courier (all delivery charges are at student’s expense).
You will be required to attach a receipt for the payment of 20.00 euros for delivery fees made by bank transfer or using the online payment procedure.
You may request the consignment of your Diploma supplement along with your graduation diploma at no extra cost and paying the standard delivery fee only.
Last update: 15/10/2020