Erasmus+ non-EU teaching programme (ICM)
The key action KA107 of the Erasmus+ programme for International Credit Mobility (ICM) promotes the implementation of teaching and research projects outside the EU, in line with the strategy for the internationalisation of higher education institutions.
International Office - Projects Unit
Tel. +39 041 234 8142 - Fax +39 041 234 7924
Ca’ Foscari offers its teachers the mobility opportunities of the new Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program (ICM), entirely funded by the European Union, with the objective of promoting international mobility of students and staff from and to non EU countries.
At the moment there are two different active projects, all based on single country projects:
- the first one has a financial envelope of € 395.385,00, covering the 2020-2023 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2023.
- the second one has a financial envelope of € 1.534.680,00, covering the 2022-2025 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2025.
Partner Universities, toward which outgoing Ca' Foscari teachers mobility will be possible, are:
- Project 2020-2023 (mobility during the academic years 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023): Australia (University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, Bosnia and Erzegovina (University of Banja Luka, University of Sarajevo, China (Fudan University, Beijing Normal University), Georgia (Tbilisi State University), Iraq (University of Baghdad), Israel (Bar-Ilan University, Ben Gurion University), University of Haifa, Weizmann Institute of Science), Lebanon (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik)
- Project 2022-2025 (mobility during the academic years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025): Argentine (Universidad de Buenos Aires), Armenia (Yerevan State University), Australia (University of Melbourne, Southern Cross University), Azerbaijan (ADA University, Azerbaijan University of Languages), Bosnia-Erzegovina (University of Sarajevo, University of Banja Luka), Canada (University of Ottawa), South Korea (Kyungpook National University), Georgia (Tbilisi State University), Japan (Waseda University), Iraq (University of Baghdad), Morocco (International University of Rabat), Mongolia (National University of Mongolia, Mongolian National University of Arts and culture), South-Africa (Stellenbosch University), Thailand (Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat University), USA (Boston University, Stevens Institute of Technology, American University - Kogod School of Business), Vietnam (Vietnam National University of Social Sciences and Humanities)
Number of places and eligible study areas will be different for every country project and will be specified within the call.
- Promote excellence in Higher Education;
- Raise the level of teaching and professional capacities;
- Improve the ability to determine changes in modernization and international openness within education organizations;
- Improve understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- Improve language skills;
- Better understanding of the interconnections between formal and non-formal education, vocational training and the labor market.
Who can participate
The Erasmus+ ICM programme allows academic staff (employed by Ca’ Foscari to spend a teaching and/or training period or observation mobility in one of the partner Universities. The purposes of the mobility are exchanging skills, enriching the school offer, providing students and teachers with different approaches).
Staff mobility for teaching and for training is based on an Inter-institutional Agreement activated between the partner university and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice for the academic year in which the mobility is taken and in accordance with the Mobility Agreement.
Teaching assignments can come in various forms and take place as seminars, lectures and tutorials. Actual teaching in this context should require the teacher to be physically present with the students. A minimum number of 8 compulsory hours of teaching per week is required. Although email tutoring or any other forms of distance learning as well as preparation are highly encouraged, they do not count in the minimum number of 8 hours per week.
Training assignments support the professional development of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice teaching staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner institutions.
Beneficiaries will receive an individual support as a contribution to their costs during their mobility (€ 180,00 per day until the 14th day and € 126,00 per day for the following days).
Furthermore, travels (1 round-trip flight ticket per beneficiary) will be covered by the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility project and provided by Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, according to the fixed amount assigned per destination.
Calls and forms
The first Erasmus+ ICM 22-23 Call for applications for teachers is now open
The 1st E+ ICM 22-23 Call for applications, for mobilities during the 22-23, 23-24 and 24-25 a.y., is available and will be closed on February 24th 2023 at 13:00 (1 p.m.). VERY IMPORTANT: applicants to Southern Cross University (Australia) must submit their application no later than January 16th 2023 at 13.00 (1 p.m).
Last update: 24/01/2023