Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM)
The Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM) is a specialist library in the areas of archaeology, the arts (art and performing arts), philosophy, Italian literature and romance philology, pedagogy, sociology, history, classical and near eastern studies.
Its assets, mainly located on open shelves, consist of more than 380,000 volumes and 1,200 contemporary journals, and is enhanced by important book collections, including 1,442 rare and valuable books, with 43 books dating back to the sixteenth century.
Palazzo Malcanton Marcorà, Dorsoduro 3484/D, 30123 Venice (Italy) - map
Reading rooms (Welcome Area, ground floor, first floor, Sala Bellomo-second floor)
Collections CONS, CONS-A, CONS-AGREC, CONS-ARTI, CONS-B (eccetto RIS e ARKE’), CONS-LAT, LIBRITESTO
from Monday to Friday: 8.30 am - 12 pm
Saturday and Sundays: 9 am - 9 pm
Other collections (basements)
Cooperative Learning Room
from Monday to Friday: 8.30 am - 6 pm
Please pay attention: the last distribution of material collected from repositories takes place at 4 pm (last request by 3.45 pm).
8-21 August 2022
BAUM provides its services only by reservation. Entry is allowed only with the university badge.
Masks are strongly recommended.
Easyplanning or app MyUniVE
- University members (research users and students) must book through EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app using the university login credentials.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a daily badge to enter the library and access the services. Make a reservation through EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app selecting the entry Richiedo badge sostitutivo. You have to make the reservation at least one day in advance, from Monday to Friday. The library will not provide badges required at the last moment. No temporary badges are distributed after 6 pm, on Saturday and Sunday.
Also non-university members can access libraries and services according to the procedures described on the Access general rules page.
The loan service is available during the opening hours.
You can't loan book kept in internal repositories after 6 pm, on Saturday and Sunday.
Books kept in external repositories, which are currently closed, are excluded from the loan service.
Access to reading rooms and services
To access the reading rooms and the services during the opening hours you must make a reservation, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and authorized non-university members must book through EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor)
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows, PhD students, master's degree students) have 16 reservations (Sala Bellomo, second floor) bookable through EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi (solo utenza di ricerca) and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor).
A maximum of 255 people can enter the rooms simultaneously; short access to the underground floors is allowed.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION: reservations not processed will be automatically canceled after 30 minutes from the scheduled start.
During your stay in the library you can borrow books and access the photocopying service.
You can request books kept in the repository from Monday to Friday:
- throught EasyPlanning until the day before, adding the bibliographic data and the shelfmarks of the requested book in the comments on the reservation form;
- at the library's loans desk the same day. The distribution of the books takes place:
- from Monday to Thursday at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm and 4 pm
- Friday at at 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm
You have to submit your consultation's requests within 15 minutes before the distribution time. No pick up from internal deposit are made after 6.00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Books kept in external repositories (e.g. call number VT_BAUM...), which are currently closed, are excluded from the consultation service
During your stay in the library, you can use the copy machines.
Books can be returned in the areas provided at the library entrance, during the opening hours; online booking is not required.
You can request an extension of the loan by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
To collect articles or books university members have to make a reservation through EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BALI Ca' Bernardo - Ritiro ILL/DD.
Reference and research support services
- bibliographic reference service, online or in-person, and assistance with electronic resources by writing to email@example.com. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the online form [ITA]
- research support, online or in-person, specialized assistance for teachers and scholars by writing to email@example.com
- scheduled workshops and courses will be delivered remotely. For more information, see: Courses and tutorials
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5613|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 5613|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5605 / 5607|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5606 / 5608|
|BAUM Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Maria Mazzucatofirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5610|
Last update: 04/08/2022