Travel and insurance

Ragazzo con valigia in aeroporto

Going abroad: essential documents and useful advice

Make sure that your ID or passport is valid for the entire mobility period.

If you are travelling outside the EU and in non-EU Erasmus+ countries (such as Turkey) you will need an entry visa, which must be applied for in advance at the host country’s embassy/consulate in Italy.

Before your departure, we recommend checking the Viaggiare Sicuri website containing advice for safe travel as well as consulting the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for information on your destination country and visas.

Health insurance

If you are a European citizen travelling within the European Union, your basic health cover is guaranteed by the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which gives you access to statutory health care in EU countries.

For information on how to get prescription medicine abroad, consult the website

If you are a non-EU citizen, before your departure, you should contact your consulate in the destination country for information on visas and health insurance.

If you are participating in a mobility period in non-EU countries you must purchase private health insurance from a travel agency or insurance company.

For more detailed information on the single countries, consult the Italian Ministry of Health website and find your destination by using the interactive guide “Se parto per".

Accident insurance and civil liability

In your Personal Area, you can download your Certification of Insurance Coverage against accidents and for civil liability.

Last update: 27/09/2022