Since 1991, tourism is our business and market is our goal
Support and promote tourism as an engine of economic growth and social development, capable of producing material and cultural wealth for local, national and international businesses and destinations. This has been at the heart of our research objectives and action plans since CISET, the International Centre for Studies on Tourism Economics, was set up in 1991, as a result of a partnership between Ca’ Foscari University Venice, the Veneto Region and the Italian Touring Club.
Our approach is a perfect blend of academic expertise and business know-how, based on a strong synergy between research studies and consultancy services – conducted exclusively by CISET or in collaboration with national and international partners – and on our experience in tertiary education and management training.
We provide the tourist industry, local administrations and future tourism operators with the tools to approach the market in innovative ways, paving the way for success.
- More than 20 years’ experience in studying tourism and interpreting trends using innovative instruments and methods
- Proven expertise in the creation of customized tools for market analysis
- Specialists in investigating destination competitiveness through an integrated approach
- National and international recognition as pioneers in measuring the economic value of tourism
- One of the first centres in Italy to explore the effects of information technology on the tourism industry
- An in-depth knowledge of different types of tourism and cultural consumption
- Experts in the evaluation of how a tourism business operates within its own competitive environment