Double Degree Capital Normal University
Since the academic year of 2015/2016, the Double Degree Programme between Ca’ Foscari University - Department of Asian and North African Studies (DSAAM) and Capital Normal University has been activated.
The programme offers Ca’ Foscari students the opportunity to follow a path of international study, attending CNU for their first year and the second at their home university, thus acquiring both qualifications simultaneously.
At the end of the study programme students receive a double degree title, either:
- Master's Degree in Language and civilisation of Asia and mediterranean Africa, belonging to LM-36 class, from those of D.M. 270/2004, of the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice;
- Master's Degree of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, the Capital Normal University in Beijing. Exchange students in China are eligible for any refunds or scholarships, based on the availability of funding.
The programme is reserved for:
- Students in possession of a Bachelor's degree in Language, culture and society of Asia and Mediterranean Africa (LICSAAM), Eastern Asia curriculum (Chinese) or China curriculum at Ca' Foscari University;
- Students enrolled in the Language, culture and society of Asia and Mediterranean Africa Bachelor's degree programme (LICSAAM), Eastern Asia curriculum (Chinese), who plan to obtain their qualification in the summer session of 2016/17, having properly registered for a degree application by 10th April 2017;
- Students in possession of a degree achieved in a university other than Ca’ Foscari, meeting the requirements indicated in the selection process announcement.
All students must be in possession of the necessary entry requirements for the Master's Degree in Languages, Cultures and societies of asia and north africa (LiCsaaM).
How to apply
To be able to participate in the selection process, it is necessary to apply following the procedures and deadlines reported in the call for applications, published annually.
Double/joint degree selection results will be published on this webpage according to the specific timeline mentioned in the Annex A.
Calls and forms
|Call for application 2021|
The link to fill out the application form is reported in the call.
|Annex A||1.54 M|
|Annex B||193 K|
|Ranking list [ITA]||471 K|
Semester of study abroad
Before going abroad
Before embarking on their time abroad, the student must:
- pick up a copy of the specific Learning Agreement at the didactic college of the Department of Asian and North African Studies, containing all of the training activities envisaged under the programme; mandatory training activities to be carried out at CNU in the first year of the programme are shown in the attached study plan. It specifies that the plan shows correspondence between any teaching of LICAAM and one or more mandatory course units that the student must attend at CNU in order to get the double title;
- deliver the signed Learning Agreement International Relations Office at Ca’ Foscari.
It will be looked at by the International Relations Office at Ca’ Foscari who will contact successful students to let them know about additional documentation required by Capital Normal University.
Upon arriving at the host university, the student must go to the Capital Normal Univesity reception to sign and deliver the following documents:
- Learning Agreement;
- any form of changes to the Learning Agreement, if the student wants to make changes to the curriculum that was agreed before departure, adding any training activities (changes must be approved by the project coordinator of the student’s University of origin and that of their host university, to be done before the beginning of the course);
- Confirmation documents for the time abroad (the first part to be completed on arrival at the host university).
All documents must be sent to the Office of International Relations of Ca’ Foscari via e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (+39 041 234 7567). Student must keep a copy of all original documents.
Before returning to Italy
Before returning to Italy, the student has to complete the second part of the Confirmation of stay abroad form and get it signed by their host university (the part related to departure from the host university for the return to Italy).
Returning to Italy
Once back in Italy, the student must submit the following documents to the International Relations Office at Ca’ Foscari:
- Confirmation of stay abroad form, which will have been filled out throughout the period of mobility;
- Learning Agreement and any form of changes to the Learning Agreement, completed and signed in their entirety;
- Transcript of Records (the certificate attesting the exams taken abroad).
Last update: 15/06/2021