Erasmus+ Staff for Teaching from non-EU countries (ICM)
The key action KA107 of the Erasmus+ programme for International Credit Mobility (ICM) promotes the implementation of mobility projects outside the EU, in line with the strategy for the internationalisation of higher education institutions.
Ca’ Foscari University (UNIVE), among all traditional international mobility programs, offers to international teachers also the mobility opportunities of the new Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program (ICM), entirely funded by the European Union, with the objective of promoting international mobility of students and staff from and to non EU countries.
At the moment there are three different active projects, all based on single country projects:
- the first one has a financial envelope of € 1.646.808,00, covering the 2018-2021 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2021.
- the second one has a financial envelope of € 1.617.540,00, covering the 2019-2022 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2022.
- the third one has a financial envelope of € 395.385,00, covering the 2020-2023 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2023.
Partner countries, from which incoming teaching staff mobility for teaching will be possible, are:
- Project 2018-2021 (mobility during the academic years 2018-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021): Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Bosnia-Erzegovina, Canada, China, Ethiopia, Russian Federation, Georgia, Japan, Jordan, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Morocco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Pakistan, Serbia, Tunisia, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam
- Project 2019-2022 (mobility during the academic years 2019-2020, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022): Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Canada, China, Cuba, Ethiopia, Russian Federation, Georgia, Jordan, India, Iraq, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Morocco, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palestine, South Africa, Tunisia, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam
- Project 2020-2023 (mobility during the academic years 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023): Australia, Bosnia and Erzegovina, China, Georgia, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon
Non-Eu teaching staff members interested in coming to Ca’ Foscari as a Staff for Teaching Erasmus+ ICM incoming should be sure of the existence of a valid Inter-Institutional Agreement between their University and Ca’ Foscari, checking the List of partner Universities attached in the Downloads section.
- Promote excellence in Higher Education;
- Raise the level of teaching and professional capacities;
- Improve the ability to determine changes in modernization and international openness within education organizations;
- Improve understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- improve language skills;
- Better understanding of the interconnections between formal and non-formal education, vocational training and the labor market.
Members of the teaching staff of partner Universities will have the opportunity to spend a mobility period at UNIVE from non EU countries all over the world. Mobilities can last from a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 60 days. For more details, please check the List of partner Universities attached in the Module section and, if your University is present, contact your International Relations Office.
Mobility scholarships are assigned through calls launched by partner Universities on their websites, indicating participation requisites and applications submission modalities.
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) scholarship is primarily finalised to teaching activities. Teaching assignments can come in various forms and take place as seminars, lectures and tutorials. Actual teaching in this context should require the teacher to be physically present with the students. A minimum number of 8 compulsory hours of teaching per week is required. Although email tutoring or any other forms of distance learning as well as preparation are highly encouraged, they do not count in the minimum number of 8 hours per week.
Beneficiaries will receive an individual support as a contribution to their costs during their mobility (€ 160,00 per day until the 14th day, and € 112,00 per day for the following days).
Furthermore, travels (1 round-trip flight ticket per beneficiary) will be covered by the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility project and provided by Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, according to the fixed amount assigned per destination.
The amount of the Erasmus+ grant will be trasnferred in full, after the subscription of the Grant Agreement, within 30 days from the beginning of the mobility. UNIVE will provide assistance to find accommodation and for the release of visa and stay permit when necessary. During the whole mobility, Ca’Foscari will provide support through its International Relations Office.
How to participate
Every teacher wishing to apply for a Staff for Teaching mobility to Ca’ Foscari within the Erasmus+ ICM Program, that’s possible only in response to an open call launched by the home University, must include in the application a Letter of interest signed by an UNIVE teacher. In case of difficulties in identifying the right person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 25/02/2021