Visiting Professors and Visiting Scholars
Ca' Foscari University of Venice welcomes and recognizes the role of Visiting Professors and Visiting Scholars in furthering the University’s cultural and scientific internationalisation. For this purpose, it promotes the visit at Ca’ Foscari University of highly qualified Italian and international experts and scholars, in possession of a significative scientific or professional curriculum.
Activities requested from a Visiting Professor or Scholar:
- Visiting Professor: educational activities and/or seminars within an Educational Programme of the university;
- Visiting Scholar: research activities and possibly seminars.
The Visiting Professor/Scholar may participate, with a vote that can only be taken as an advice, to the meetings of the Committee for the host structure, and also take part in exam committees as well as graduation commitees for the degree thesis discussion. The Visiting Professor/Scholar cooperates with the teaching and research structures of the University, carrying out a program in accordance with the strategic objectives of the University.
For more information
sMart Passport project
Ca' Foscari participates in the project sMart Passport, which provides international staff a special card lasting one year.
sMart Passport is the community card of the Distretto Veneziano Ricerca e Innovazione association. It has been addressed to the affiliate researchers, artists, creators, members of DVRI interns. Sharing resources means laying the foundations for effectively activating a network for new projects shared with cultural, scientific and Venice Higher Education institutions.
The card allows the fruition of a service combination. The idea of a collaboration was born seeing the possibility of joining services which are useful to both reference communities. There are different kinds of offered services, going from the access to the spaces, to the use of computer resources; from the participation to activities and events, to the possibility of accessing to discounts and facilitations.
How to be a Visiting Professor/Scholar
Applications shall be submitted by a special resolution of the Board or the Head of Ca’ Foscari host structure (Department, Inter-department or Inter-university structure) and sent to the Human Resources Area – Teaching Staff Office.
For more details on the application procedure, please refer to the Regulations for Visiting Professors and Visiting Scholars which is available in the Downloads table of this webpage.
Period of visit at Ca' Foscari and benefits
A Visiting Professor’s/Scholar’s period of visit at Ca’ Foscari may range from 30 days to 24 months.
During his/her visit at Ca’ Foscari, the Visiting Professor/Visiting Scholar is guaranteed:
- workplace inside the host structure;
- access to the computer facilities of the University;
- access to University libraries;
- support and information from the central administration offices regarding the procedures for obtaining a stay permit;
- accident insurance;
- special fees for the university canteens managed by ESU Venezia, the regional body for financial aid;
- the possibility to request assistance with finding accomodation from the Housing Office of the University. (It will be down to the Ca' Foscari International Relations Office to send the accomodation form to the researcher after their official appointment as a Visiting Researcher.)
Regarding his/her teaching activities, the Visiting Professor must fill in an activity register to be submitted to the Head of the host structure.
For his/her research activities, the Visiting Scholar must submit a report of his/her work and findings to the Head of the host structure at the end of his/her visit at Ca’ Foscari University.
List of Visiting Professors/Scholars
Last update: 15/07/2020