Semester courses in English
For the 2019/2020 a.y. the School offers English-taught courses for exchange students and for Ca' Foscari students in different subject areas. All courses award 6 CFU/ECTS to students who pass the final exam; Ca' Foscari students will need to gain approval from their head of studies (collegio didattico) before proceeding with credit recognition.
Courses for exchange students
The SIE organises numerous courses, specifically designed for exchange students spending time at Ca' Foscari during the academic year, on different academic fields: Italian and Venetian history, Art History; Literature; Science; etc...
- Erasmus + exchange students
- Overseas and other interuniversity exchange students
- Double and Joint degree students will be admitted according to the provisions of each project – please contact us for more information
- Students regularly enrolled at Ca' Foscari who are up to date with their University fees and who have verified the possibilities for credit recognition with their Head of Studies ("Collegio didattico")
1st Semester of 2019/2020 a.y.
For the 1st semester of the 2019/2020 a.y. classes will take place approximately from September 23rd to December 20th. We will be offering:
- SIE031 -History of Italian Culture and literature – from the beginning to the Renaissance
- SIE007 - History of the Arts of Venice and the Veneto
- SIE008 - History of Venice
- SIE025 - History and Design of Glass in Venice (in collaboration with Pentagram Stiftung)
- SIE026 - Contemporary Political Issues in Italy
- SIE027 - The Ecosystem of the Venetian Lagoon
2nd Semester of 2019/2020 a.y.
For the 2nd semester of the 2019/2020 a.y. we will be offering the following English taught courses:
- - History of Italian Culture and literature – Modern and Contemporary
- - History of the Arts of Venice and the Veneto
- - Italian Culture and Made in Italy
- SIE001 - Contemporary History of Venice
- - Introduction to Classics
The courses will run from February to May 2020.
More information about registration procedures will be available soon.
Last update: 28/10/2019