EMOTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT
|Academic year||2018/2019 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||COMPETENZE EMOTIVE E SVILUPPO INDIVIDUALE|
|Course code||PLM002 (AF:281848 AR:160010)|
|Modality||For teaching methods (in presence/online) please check the timetable|
|Degree level||Master's Degree Programme (DM270)|
|Educational sector code||SECS-P/10|
This course leads the students towards an exciting journey to understand one's own strenghtens, weaknesses and career goals, by defining a personal development plan to be used to improve the students' access to the labor market. This course represents a learning tool to be used in every career path and working sector.
This course has been developed by the Ca' Foscari Competency Centre (www.unive.it/cfcc), which is the research centre with the aim to improve people's employability by developing their soft skills portfolio.
- to acquire knowledge on: the emotional and social competency model, the intentional change process, the distinctive characteristics of personal vision, the 360-degree assessment of soft skills, the identification of the personal strengths and areas of improvements, the personal learning styles, how to develop emotional and social competencies, personal leadership styles, emotional and social competencies in the selection and performance appraisal processes.
- to increase the understanding on the personal aspirations and targets of personal and professional growth; to demonstrate awareness on the level of social and emotional competencies needed to achieve their targets; to understand their strengths and areas of improvements necessary to define an individual learning plan.
- to apply the knowledge and the understanding of their emotional and social competencies to define personal learning objectives and to define a personal learning plan based on the development of emotional and social competencies.
• Positive emotional attractors and Negative emotional attractors
• The self-directed learning process
• Defining our ideal working life
• Assessing our competencies
• Understanding the feedback addressed to us: our strenghts and weaknesses
• Coaching sessions and Learning teams
• Defining a personal development plan and our learning style
• How to develop competencies
• Competency-based human resources management: selection, training and performance appraisal
• Detecting competencies: the behavioral event interview
Other learning materials will be announced at the beginning of the course.
This subject deals with topics related to the macro-area "Human capital, health, education" and contributes to the achievement of one or more goals of U. N. Agenda for Sustainable Development