WOMEN AND CONTEMPORARY ITALIAN LITERATURE
|Academic year||2018/2019 Syllabus of previous years|
|Official course title||DONNE E LETTERATURA ITALIANA CONTEMPORANEA|
|Course code||NU002B (AF:294545 AR:162254)|
|Educational sector code||L-FIL-LET/11|
|Spazio Moodle||Link allo spazio del corso|
Purposes of the course are: to start a careful reading of the literary text; encourage the learning of critical methodologies that develop a reflection aimed at capturing gender differences. Particular attention is given to the repercussions of these differences in the contemporary period, also on cultural and social aspects.
- To know how to distinguish between literary canon and anti-canon, also in reference to socio-cultural actuality.
2. Understanding the thematic areas and the problematic perspectives involved to bring them back to some of the most salient issues of the condition of women in the contemporary world (sexual differences, gender violence, stalking).
3. Knowing how to formulate and argue what is consistently understood, while demonstrating to have acquired an autonomous attitude with respect to the textual contents conveyed.
4. Develop a critical approach, in order to communicate a personal evaluation, even an alternative one, even if dialectically motivated.
- Melania G. Mazzucco, “Limbo”, Einaudi, 2012.
- Melania G. Mazzucco, “Sei come sei”, Einaudi, 2013.
- Ilaria Crotti, “Tra divergenza e destino. Nel Limbo afghano-italiano di Melania G. Mazzucco”, in “Leggere la lontananza. Immagini dell’altro nella letteratura di viaggio della contemporaneità”, a cura di S. Camilotti, I. Crotti e R. Ricorda, Edizioni Ca’ Foscari, 2015, pp. 135-153.
- Anna Maria Crispino (a cura di), “Oltrecanone. Per una cartografia della scrittura femminile”, manifesto libri, 2003.
*Programme for students who do not attend the lessons.
Besides the mentioned volumes:
- Hélène Cixous, “Il riso della Medusa”, in “Critiche femministe e teorie letterarie”, a cura di R. Baccolini, M.G. Fabi, V. Fortunati, R. Monticelli, CLUEB, 1997, pp. 221-245.
The expected methods of assessment of acquired knowledge and skills aim at verifying the following problems: the literary concept of gender, the peculiarity of the female character in the narrative, the literary themes invested, what is the canon declined to the feminine, the narratological notions of voice and point of view.
- lectures (frequency is recommended).
This subject deals with topics related to the macro-area "Poverty and inequalities" and contributes to the achievement of one or more goals of U. N. Agenda for Sustainable Development