Outgoing Visiting Students

Bandierine di stati

The Ca' Foscari University of Venice promotes the international education of its students by means of European, overseas and Double/Joint Degree programmes, but they can also spend a study period abroad using other forms of placement, acquiring the status of Visiting Student and recognition of ECTS obtained abroad.

For more information

International Office - Mobility Unit
tel. +39 041 234 8377

Contacts and reservations

Covid-19 Emergency: Cancellation of Mobilities for the 1° semester 2020-2021

In compliance with the decision made by the Academic Senate on 20th May 2020, all mobilities planned for the 1st semester of a.y. 2020/2021 are cancelled.

How to participate

If you are enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree programme at Ca' Foscari and you wish to spend a mobility period abroad as a Visiting Student, you must first check the regulations of the foreign university where you wish to spend your study period.

You must then formalize your request to Ca' Foscari according to the following procedure:

  • Request for authorisation to spend a study period abroad to be made to the Teaching Committeee responsible for your Study Programme, by completing the relevant form;
  • Submission of the form, completed and signed by the Chairperson of the Teaching Committee or their representative, to the International Office – Mobility Unit.

You may study abroad as a Visiting Student for a maximum period of one academic year and obtain the recognition of up to 60 university credits. Participation in the programme may entitle you to an additional bonus to be added to your final degree grade.

Before your departure

The recognition of activities to be carried out abroad must be agreed upon in advance with the Teaching Committee responsible for your Study Programme.

In particular, you must complete the relevant online form and submit it to the Chairperson of the Teaching Committee or to their representative. Next make an appointment to submit your approved and signed request to the International Relations Office – Mobility sector.

Remember that in order to be recognised exams must be included in your study plan at the time of submission of your request.

Upon your return to Italy

After completing your study period abroad you must submit the Transcript of Records to the International Office – Mobility Unit to obtain recognition of the activities carried out abroad. The International Relations Office will then transmit the document to the Student Careers Sector so that your university career can be updated.

Remember that your period of stay abroad does not exempt you from paying your regular Ca’ Foscari tuition fees.

Last update: 17/11/2020