Erasmus+ non-EU study programme (ICM)
The key action KA107 of the Erasmus+ programme for International Credit Mobility (ICM) promotes the implementation of mobility projects outside the EU, in line with the strategy for the internationalisation of higher education institutions.
Ca’ Foscari offers its students the mobility opportunities of the new Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program (ICM), entirely funded by the European Union, with the objective of promoting international mobility of students and staff from and to non EU countries.
At the moment there are three different active projects, all based on single country projects:
- the first one has a financial envelope of € 1.646.808,00, covering the 2018-2021 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2021.
- the second one has a financial envelope of € 1.617.540,00, covering the 2019-2022 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2022.
- the third one has a financial envelope of € 395.385,00, covering the 2020-2023 period, and will end mandatorily on 31/07/2023
Partner countries, toward which outgoing Ca' Foscari students mobility will be possible, are:
- Project 2018-2021 (mobility during the academic year 2019-2020 and 2020-2021): Yerevan State University (Armenia), James Cook University (Australia), Belarusian State University (Belarus), University of Sarajevo (Bosnia-Erzegovina), University of Ottawa (Canada), Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique di Montréal (Canada), Soochow University (China), Bahir Dar University (Etiopia), Russian State University for the Humanities (Russian Federation), Astrakhan State University (Russian Federation), Ural State University (Russian Federation), Tbilisi State University (Georgia), University of Nagasaki (Japan), Kyoto Institute of Technology (Japan), Kyoto University (Japan), University of Jordan (Jordan), Jawaharlal Nehru University (India), University of Teheran (Iran), Université de Meknès (Morocco), Université Mohammed V de Rabat (Morocco), , University of Crne Gore (Montenegro), University of Belgrade (Serbia), Université de Sousse (Tunisia), University of Oregon (USA).
- Project 2019-2022 (mobility during the academic years 2020-2021 and 2021-2022):University of Tirana (Albania), Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina), Yerevan State University (Armenia), University of Melbourne (Australia), ADA Univeristy (Azerbaijan), Dalhousie University (Canada), University of Ottawa (Canada), Université de Montréal (Canada), Soochow University (China), Bahir Dar University (Ethiopia), Russian State University for the Humanities (Russian Federation), Higher School of Economics (Russian Federation), Tbilisi State University (Georgia), Waseda University (Japan), University of Jordan (Jordan), Jawaharlal Nehru University (India), Université Internationale de Rabat (Morocco), Université de Meknès (Morocco), Université Mohammed V de Rabat (Morocco), Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnológico en Electroquímica (Mexico), National University of Mongolia (Mongolia), University of Donja Gorica (Montenegro), An-Najah University (Palestine), Université de Sousse (Tunisia), City College of New York (USA).
Number of places, eligible study cycles and study areas will be different for every country project and will be specified within the call.
- Promote excellence in Higher Education;
- Strengthen key skills for entry to the labour market (spirit of initiative, digital and linguistic competencies);
- Exploit the full potential of new technologie;
- Favour social inclusion;
- Raise the level of teaching and professional capacities.
Students of the three cycles (UG, MA and PHD) will have the opportunity to spend a mobility period at some important Universities in non EU Countries all over the world. Mobilities can last from a minimum of three months up to a maximum of 12 months per cycle of study. All details are defined in the call and in the annexes.
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility project (ICM) last from 01/06/18 to 31/07/21 (for the 2018 project), from 01/08/19 to 31/07/22 (for 2019 project) and from 01/08/2020 to 31/07/2023 (for the 2020 project), which are the deadlines for the completion of activities. Scholarships are awarded through a specific call published and accessible in the reserved area of Ca’Foscari website, with the clear indication of requirements of participation and for the selection of applications.
Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) scholarship is primarily finalised to obtain academic credits abroad and it is awarded for full time activities (study, preparation of final works “tesi”). Erasmus+ ICM allows students to live challenging cultural experiences in non EU Countries, to familiarise with new Higher Education Systems, to improve the knowledge of at least one extra EU Country language, to meet foreign people, while participating actively in the internationalisation process of Higher Education Institutions involved and of their own academic curriculum. During the Erasmus+ mobility, which must be continued and without interruptions, it’s not possible to take exams at Ca’Foscari.
Students have the opportunity to follow academic courses and to use the facilities of Higher Education Institution at the same conditions of students enrolled at the host University, without paying any fees in the host Institution and with the guarantee that all credits obtained abroad will be recognized. Furthermore, the Erasmus+ ICM project provides a scholarship of € 700,00 per month and a return ticket for the Country of destination. The amount of the Erasmus+ grant, will be trasnferred in full, after the subscription of the Grant Agreement, within 30 days from the beginning of the mobility. The host University will provide assistance to find accomodation and for the release of visa and stay permit when necessary. During the whole mobility, Ca’Foscari will provide support through its International Relations Office.
Calls and forms
The second Erasmus+ ICM Call for academic year 21-22 is closed
The 2nd Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility call for students' mobilities for the academic year 21-22 was closed on April 2nd 2021, at 1 p.m..
How to apply
The call for participation in the Erasmus+ Programme ICM is published on a yearly basis (generally in December) and departures refer to the academic year following that of the publication of the call.
Who can participate
You can participate in the call for applications for the Erasmus+ ICM Programme if you are a Ca’ Foscari student (of any nationality) regularly enrolled in:
- a Bachelor's Degree Programme:
- if you are enrolled in the first year: you can apply but you shall be enrolled in the second year on departure. There is no other requisite in term of ECTS credits;
- if you are enrolled in the second or third year: there is no other requisite in term of ECTS credits. You shall be enrolled to a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme at the beginning of the mobility.
- a Master's Degree Programme: on departure you shall be enrolled at Ca’ Foscari University for the academic year in which your Erasmus+ ICM mobility will take place (there are no prerequisites for a minimum number of ECTS);
- a PhD programme.
Every year in the call for applicants we will indicate the available destinations, the expected levels of study, the duration of the mobility (which are rigid and not modifiable) and the level of linguistic knowledge required by each host University.
You cannot apply if your level of study (to be considered at the time of commencement of mobility) and/or your area of study are not present for the destination of your interest.
For all the duration of your Erasmus+ mobility period, you must not receive any other EU scholarship for a period of study abroad and you must be regularly enrolled to a Bachelor's/Master's/PhD degree programme.
For students who have already participated in the LLP/Erasmus and Erasmus+ programme
During your whole university career, from the Bachelor's degree programme to the PhD degree, you will be able tom benefit from Erasmus more than once, for an overall period not exceeding 12 months for each study cycle. To verify that you have not already reached or surpassed the 12 months, all the Erasmus Placement or Erasmus+ for Study experiences will be considered, potentially undertaken under the LLP Erasmus and Erasmus+ programme.
With Erasmus+ ICM you will receive the scholarship for the mobility even if you already made an Erasmus+ Placement, Erasmus+ for study, Erasmus+ ICM or LLP Erasmus mobility.
How to apply
To apply to study abroad with Erasmus+ ICM:
- Carefully read the call for applications;
- Check that you meet the requirements listed in the call
- There is no limit to the number of destinations you can choose. If you are applying to more than one destination, you will have to submit and attach to the announcement a file for each destination, complete with all the required documents.
- Contact the coordinating teacher for each destination for further information (you can find it indicated in the document attached to the announcement "Annex I - List of partner Universities");;
- Complete the online form available at the link indicated within the Call;
When filling out the application, remember that to be valid you must attach the pdf with all the documents required by art. 6 of the call (Admission procedures).
The application must be completed exclusively online, within the deadlines indicated in the call for applications (you do not need to bring any receipt to the International Office).
Dovrai preparare il Learning Agreement, che è il documento che contiene il piano delle attività che vuoi svolgere all’estero e l’indicazione per il riconoscimento delle stesse a Ca’ Foscari, già in fase di candidatura alla mobilità ed allegarlo al bando.
- cerca nel sito dell’università ospitante i corsi che possono essere compatibili con il tuo piano di studi;
- prepara una bozza del Learning Agreement. Per farlo è necessario utilizzare i documenti allegati al bando (Learning Agreement per Studio o Learning Agreement per Ricerca tesi);
- fissa un appuntamento con il docente incaricato di approvare il tuo Learning Agreement, indicato nel documento allegato al bando “Annex I – Lista delle Università partner” (Person in charge of signing the Learning agreement) per completare il modulo e per ottenere la sua firma.
The signed Learning Agreement is one of the documents to be attached in pdf format to the application, so that it is valid.
Selection list and acceptance
All selected and not selected candidates will be contacted through e-mail by the Projects Unit. The selection lists are published in the online bulletin of the university before the deadline mentioned in the call. Make sure you check the selection lists regularly. Notifications of eventual delays in the publication of the selection lists will appear on this webpage.
- If you are the winner of a destination, you will be contacted by e-mail from the Projects Unit and you will be asked to confirm your acceptance or your refusal promptly.
- If your name appears in the reserve list, you do not need to accept your place. The International Relations Office will get in touch with you directly if a place becomes available.
- If your name does not appear in the list, you have not been selected to participate in the Erasmus+ programme.
Students with special needs
The Erasmus + Program gives special attention to mobile students whose physical, psychological or, more generally, health conditions are such that they cannot participate in the program without the intervention of additional funding, aimed at contributing to the additional costs incurred for aspects such as support, reception and accessibility to the premises, as well as pedagogical and technical support services. This is to ensure that everyone can fully enjoy all that is part of European mobility.
Therefore, students with physical, psychological or, more generally, health problems can benefit from the support services provided by the host institution to their students.
Among the initiatives to support the mobility of people with special needs, there is the possibility of requesting an additional community contribution to support expenses related to the aforementioned needs. For information about it, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that you are properly prepared for your Erasmus+ study experience and make sure that you meet the partner university’s language requirements, Ca' Foscari offers you the opportunity to choose from the following options at the University Language Centre (CLA):
- English, French, Spanish and German courses
These courses are offered at nearly all CEFR levels (A1 to C1). At the end of the 60-hour course you will receive a diploma certifying attendance and proficiency level reached.
- Preparatory courses for IELTS, PET and FIRST exams
Ca’ Foscari can prepare you for the international PET, FIRST and IELTS exams if requested by your host university.
- English, French, Spanish, and German certification
You can obtain a document certifying the level of your language proficiency if required by the host university.
- Placement test
Students wishing to self-assess their language skills can test their proficiency level once every six months by taking a free placement test. Just register at claonline.unive.it. For more information see the Youtube channel www.youtube.com/CLAVenezia.
- Online courses
You can also participate in an e-learning course for B1 level English and in a Spanish module (also at B1 level). If you prefer you can also enrol in other self-learning modules with various durations.
It will be under your responsibility to verify which certifications are accepted by the host university. Remember that you must meet the language requirements set by the host university at the time of application.
Procedures for outgoing Erasmus students
The procedures described below relate to outgoing Erasmus + ICM students (study mobility or thesis research) who have already been officially nominated as winners of an Erasmus + ICM exchange.
The new Erasmus + program is continuously updated by the European Commission and the Erasmus + INDIRE National Agency. For this reason, the procedures and documentation may vary. We invite you to regularly check your institutional account (email@example.com) and this web page.
|Confirmation of Arrival and Departure||4.98 M|
|Learning Agreement for study||602 K|
|Learning Agreement for Research||4.52 M|
|Changes to Learning Agreement||541 K|
Period of mobility and calculation of monthly payments
- The duration of your mobility is defined in the call and is rigid, unless minor adjustments due to specific needs, justifiable and acceptable by the Project Unit, the student or the host University;
- Mobility will have to take place in the academic year following the publication of the call (therefore for the call published during the academic year 17-18, mobility may take place in the first or second semester of the academic year 18-19);
- The mobility must be carried out continuously and not fragmented (during the period of mobility you will not be able to take exams at Ca 'Foscari);
- Mobility can be reduced or interrupted only for reasons of force majeure documented and spent during mobility.
- Mobility can be prolonged, to know how to do, see the section "Before the Return".
E + ICM grant amount and monthly calculation
The E + ICM Program provides a 700 € monthly scholarship plus the reimbursement of travel costs within a ceiling set by the European Commission.
Fractions of one month (single days) will be paid in proportion. Only the days of mobility actually carried out will be paid and certified by the confirmation forms of arrival and departure, according to the rules illustrated in the announcement.
The travel ticket can be purchased and paid directly by UNIVE through a travel agency that has been contracted or purchased by the student and reimbursed by UNIVE upon presentation of supporting documents. In both cases, the renunciation of mobility subsequent to the purchase of the ticket and prior to departure, and not due to force majeure documentable, will result in reimbursement by the student of the costs already incurred by UNIVE.
Contacts at Ca' Foscari
The International Relations Office - Projects Unit will be your reference to Ca 'Foscari for all the organizational and administrative aspects of your Erasmus + ICM experience. Regarding the educational issues related to the content of the courses you attend and the methods of recognition of the same, you can contact directly the teacher coordinator of the project-country or the teacher in charge of approving your Learning Agreement, both indicated in the document attached to the call "Annex I - List of partner Universities "(Erasmus + contacts at Ca 'Foscari University of Venice - Academic Coordinator and Person in charge of signing the Learning agreement).
Contacts at the host university
The International Relations Office of the host university is the main contact for issues related to your mobility (academic calendar, course program, accommodation ...). Find the contacts in the document attached to the call "Annex I - List of partner Universities" (Erasmus + contacts at host University - Academic Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator).
From the moment of acceptance, all communications from the Ca 'Foscari International Relations Office will be sent to your institutional account (firstname.lastname@example.org). We therefore invite you to check it regularly.
Documents to prepare for the host university (application)
Check the procedure and deadlines for Incoming students on the website of the destination university. It will be your responsibility to submit what is required for the so-called application within the deadlines indicated by the host university, which may not accept you if the documents should arrive late. Before proceeding with the application, you will have to wait until you receive your official letter of appointment from the Projects Unit.
For clarification and support for the preparation of the documents to be sent, remember that we are at your disposal. Contact the International Relations Office - Projects Unit (email@example.com).
Only if your application has been accepted and you have accepted the mobility, send the learning agreement presented during application to the Academic coordinator of the host university (indicated in the document attached to the announcement "Annex I - List of partner Universities" - Erasmus + contacts at host University - Academic Coordinator) to obtain his counter-signature on the document.
The Learning Agreement will then be sent via e-mail and complete with all signatures to the International Relations Office - Projects Unit ( firstname.lastname@example.org) before the start of mobility and the signing of the financial contract. Without the countersigned, the "Grant Agreement" will not be signed and therefore mobility will not be possible.
Identity card or passport
Make sure that your passport is valid for the entire period of mobility and promptly informed about the requirements by the country of destination to obtain a visa for study: to get it remember to refer in good time to the diplomatic representation in Italy of the country of destination. We advise you to consult and register on the website www.viaggiaresicuri.it.
Each beneficiary must be provided with adequate insurance coverage. Any cost for insurance coverage is borne by the beneficiary.
Taxes and registration to Ca 'Foscari
As an Erasmus student, at the time of departure you must be enrolled at Ca 'Foscari and you are required to pay the fees within the deadlines set by the University.
The International Relations Office- Projects Unit will inform you about the date and the procedure for signing the financial contract. Without the signature of the contract it is not possible to obtain the status of Erasmus + student.
For the financial contract, you will need to:
- have the complete Learning Agreement with all the signatures;
- Know the start date of the lessons / days of reception / possible language courses at the university that will host you;
- Having the CartaConto IBAN: we remind you that it is essential to activate it in order to receive the Erasmus + ICM scholarship, which will be paid in full within 30 days from the signature of the financial contract.
During your stay
During your stay at the host university:
- send us the necessary documents only by e-mail to email@example.com;
- check the institutional email (firstname.lastname@example.org): all communications from us will be sent to that e-mail account;
- the documents to be used are those on Ca 'Foscari headed paper and can be downloaded from this page;
- notify us promptly if you encounter any kind of difficulty.
Confirmation of arrival
When registering as an Erasmus student, fill in and submit the Confirmation of Arrival form to the Erasmus Office of the host university and send it promptly (within 15 days) to email@example.com. Keep the original copy that you will have to deliver to the Projects Unit on your return. Remember that in the absence of this form the mobility cannot be recognized, and upon return you will be asked to pay back the E + scholarship in full as received at the beginning of the mobility.
Changes to the Learning Agreement
In case you want to modify the Learning Agreement you can do it through the Changes to the Learning Agreement form (downloadable from this page) that must be signed by both professors in charge of the host university and of Ca 'Foscari and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have 30 days from the beginning of the reference semester courses to make any changes. Remember that no further changes will be accepted after your return.
In the Changes to the Learning Agreement form, only the changes made must be included compared to the courses indicated in the original Learning Agreement. The courses that remain unchanged should not be reported in the variation form.
Request for extension
To be able to extend your mobility period, at least one month before the scheduled return date you will need to:
- contact email@example.com to check the possibility of extension, which depends on the availability of additional Erasmus + funds (with E + ICM it is not possible to extend the mobility without paying the monthly grant even for the additional months)
- fill out the Changes to the Learning Agreement form in which to add the activities you intend to follow during the extension period;
- have the form signed by the host university and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation of departure
On the occasion of the closure of your Erasmus + mobility period, fill in and have the confirmation of departure form filled in by the manager of the Erasmus Office of your host university, then send it to email@example.com. Keep the original copy that you will have to deliver to the Projects Unit on your return. Remember that in the absence of this form and of the confirmation of arrival, the mobility cannot be recognized, and upon return you will be asked to pay back the E + scholarship in full as received at the beginning of the mobility.
Transcript of records
At the end of the Erasmus period some universities issue the Transcript of Records directly to the student (certificate of the exams taken). If not, ask this certificate to be sent directly to the International Relations Office by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (Ca 'Foscari University of Venice - International Relations Office / Projects Unit - Dorsoduro 3246 - 30123 Venezia - Italy). Remember that it will be your care to be sure of the send of the "Transcript of Records" to Ca 'Foscari. Generally the Transcript is sent to Ca 'Foscari about a month after the end of the mobility.
On your return from your mobility period
Closure of the mobility period
At the end of your Erasmus mobility period, you will have to make an appointment with the Projects Unit through the booking link at the top of this page. At the appointment you will have to deliver the original signed Confirmation of Arrival and Departure, the Transcript of Records if already provided by the host university and all the originals of the Learning Agreement variation modules.
Recognition of exams
As soon as we receive the Transcript of Records we will contact you to inform you of the credit recognition procedure. As the procedures vary depending on the department / enrollment course, please wait for our directions. As soon as we receive the credit recognition form from the teacher who signed your Learning Agreement, we will forward it to the Student Career Sector so that the exams are recorded in your online booklet.We remind you that:
- partial exam recognition cannot be made.
Buddy programs and student associations
Buddy programs are a useful support and an excellent opportunity to exchange both linguistic and intercultural for all international and italian students. When you return, you can continue living your university experience in an international atmosphere, participating in the Ca 'Foscari Buddy program or in the student associations active in our University. For more information you can consult the section of the website dedicated to Buddy Programs and student associations.
Last update: 26/04/2021