Ca’ Foscari has published a new call for applications to select PhD candidates for the 2021-2022 academic year. The call will be open until 1pm Italian time on 21 April 2021. Applicants can choose among 14 PhD programmes and 88 scholarships which are being offered also thanks to competitive funding, other universities or research centres and research projects. Overall, Ca’ Foscari is investing over 7 million euro in three-year and four-year scholarships.
Ca’ Foscari’s PhD programmes are an investment in internationalisation: 8 PhDs are entirely in English; 20% of PhD candidates are international; 10 international universities have a partnership programme with Ca’ Foscari; 100 co-advisorhip programmes have been developed over the years with 70 universities around the world; finally, Ca’ Foscari has a growing number of PhD Visiting Students. The co-advisorship partnerships involve, among others, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France), the Kyoto Institute of Technology (Japan), and Heidelberg University (Germany).
“20% percent of our PhD students are international and have chosen Ca’ Foscari to embark on their research career” says the Rector, Tiziana Lippiello. “The call for applications that opens today at Ca’ Foscari is meant to broaden this community with a view to improving our internationalisation, innovation and scientific cooperation, which are the key to global and sustainable development. We will continue to invest and move forward in this direction, in collaboration with other universities, institutions and companies. Scientific research gives us a foundation thanks to which we can face the challenges of today and of tomorrow: let us build this foundation together”
The call is open for the following 14 PhD programmes:
- Law, Market and Person (International PhD in partnership with Astrakhan State University, Russian Federation);
- Philosophy and Educational Sciences (International PhD in partnership with Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France);
- Computer Science (International PhD in partnership with Masarykova Univerzita, Czech Republic);
- Italian Studies (International PhD in partnership with the University of Klagenfurt, Austria);
- Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics (International PhD in partnership with Sorbonne Université, France and with the University of Primorska, Slovenia);
- Management (International PhD in partnership with SKEMA Business School, France);
- Science and Management of Climate Change (PhD in cooperation with the Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change - CMCC)
- Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials (International PhD in partnership with Kyoto Institute of Technology, and with Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia IIT – Centre for Cultural Heritage Technology);
- Environmental Sciences (partnership with Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia IIT – Centre for Cultural Heritage Technology);
- Ancient Heritage Studies (Inter-University PhD with the University of Trieste and Università degli Studi di Udine);
- Polar Sciences (PhD in cooperation with the National Research Council - CNR and Inter-University PhD with University of Milano-Bicocca);
- History of Arts (International PhD in partnership with State Institute for Art Studies of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, Russian Federation);
- Asian and African Studies (International PhD in partnership with the University of Heidelberg, Germany).
Moreover, Ca’ Foscari participates as a partner in two Inter-University PhD programmes managed by other universities:
- Chemistry, Inter-University PhD in partnership with the University of Trieste;
- Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies, Inter-University PhD in partnership with the University of Padova.
Call for applications and information: www.unive.it/dottorati
This type of collaboration enables companies to offer education and training to their employees thanks to PhD programmes.
Collaborative PhD programmes involve “all fields of future workplaces and public engagement, from industry to business, government, NGO’s, charities and cultural institutions” (European Commission 2011)
Companies that wish to offer PhD programmes to their staff at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice can participate in a dedicated selection process.
Further information regarding collaborative PhDs can be found here