As part of the Research for Global Challenges initiative, the First Event, a day dedicated to Strategies for collaborative research funding. The initiatives of Ca' Foscari University towards FP9, will take place on October 2nd from 9.15am to 6pm at Ca’ Dolfin.
The event represents a unique opportunity of dialogue between representatives of relevant networks and European research centres with an active consultation role, as well the Italian representatives in the Programme Committees of Horizon 2020 - experts who represent the Italian research system in defining the Work Programme of Horizon 2020.
Many institutions will be represented: the European University Association (EUA) - a network of universities from 47 European countries - the London School of Economics, the European Association of Research Managers and Administrators (EARMA) - a key network for research manager in private and public institutions - the European Alliance for social Sciences and Humanities (EASSH) which promotes the role of social sciences and humanities in European funding.
During the event the Research for Global Challenges will be officially introduced: this ambitious initiative of Ca’ Foscari aims at creating an ideal environment to develop European projects with local, national and international partners through interdisciplinary research teams.
The day will include interventions from:
- Enora Bennetot Pruvot, Deputy Director for Governance, Funding and Public Policy Development, European University Association (EUA);
- Gabi Lombardo, Director European Alliance for social Sciences and Humanities (EASSH);
- John Donovan, Chair European Association of Research Managers and Administrators (EARMA);
- Toby Dodge, Director Middle East Centre, London School of Economics.
7 Italian Representatives of the Programme Committees of Horizon 2020
- Carlo Barbante: Climate Action, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials ;
- Paola Inverardi: Information and Communication Technologies;
- Daniela Corda: ERC, MSCA, FET (Future and Emerging Technologies);
- Vania Virgili: Europe in a changing world. Inclusive, Innovative and Reflective Societies;
- Angela Santoni: Health, Demographic change and Wellbeing;
- Fabio Fava: Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry, Marine and Maritime and Inland Water Research;
- Donata Medaglini: Nanotechnologies, Advanced materials, Biotechnology, Advanced manufacturing and processing.
The day will start with addresses of the rector of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Michele Bugliesi and Dario Pellizzon, Administrative Manager of the Research Area.
The event is open to everyone upon reservation here.