Sustainability Competencies (CDS) are voluntary based activities, achievable by all Ca' Foscari students and entitled of 1 extra-curriculum credit. To register the sustainability credit, the inclusion of the Sustainability Competencies in your Study Plan is needed. In every Department has been designated a representative teacher to contact for defining the research theme. Activities may concern participating to conferences and workshops, bibliographic or scientific research, ground activities and so on. Activities can be individually or collectively developed, cross-Departments or not, and must end up with a paper or any other composition (e.g.: videos, articles et cetera) that could be evaluated by the representative.
All the activities carried out by the student will tackle a theme approved by the representative teacher that will lead the student taking into account the presented proposal and its general coherence.
Exemples of themes
- sustainable mobility
- sustainable energy
- communication of sustainability, focused on a journalistic approach on sustainability
- sustainability approach in historical periods
- historical analysis of economical, social and environmental sustainability models
- environmental connection with specific historical-artistic events
- use of renewable resources
- use and management of water resources
- use and management of energy resources
- energy and matter flow analysis
- anthropocentrism and geopolitics in sustainability
- linguistic and cultural activitieson sustainability: the interaction with tourism
- sustainability and the experience of the travel, the intercultural and environmental contact.
The students who get the sustainability ECTS will receive a certificate during the graduation day, which is printed on a Shiro Alga Paper, offered by Favini srl. This paper, chosen for the coherence with the environmental sustainability theme and the link with the local area, was realized in the 90's to overcome the issue of the Venetian lagoon seaweed proliferation. Nowadays extra seaweed are used, coming from different endangered lagoon environments, combined with FSC fibers.
Once dried and ground, the seaweed are mixed with the standard cellulose and trasformed in paper. With half a kilo of seaweed it's possible to replace one kilo of a tree. More over the production process is powered by 100% clean energy, electricity generated by renewable sources.
|Dept. of Economics||Federica Cavallo|
|Dept. of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage||Pier Mario Vescovo|
|Dept. of Management||(A-La) Leonardo Buzzavo
(Lb-Z) Andrea Ellero
|Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics||Fabio Pranovi|
|Dept. of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems||Flavio Romano|
|Dept. of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies||Alessandro Scarsella|
|Dept. of Asian and North African Studies||Vera Costantini|
|Dept. of Humanities||Riccardo Drusi|
|Campus of Treviso||Stefano Soriani|
CdS graduates and projects
At the following link [ITA] are listed all the students who did Sustainability Competencies, divided by year of graduation, where are specified the paper title with which they obtained the sustainability credit, and the project.
Last update: 15/01/2020