ECSO-CMS 2020, 1-3 July
The organizers are delighted to invite you to ECSO – CMS 2020 that will be held in Venice, Italy, 1-3 July 2020, at the Department of Economics - Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, in the San Giobbe Economics Campus.
ECSO 2020 is the 3rd edition of a stream of conferences organized by the EURO Working Group on Stochastic Optimization (EWGSO). The previous editions were held in Paris (2014) and Rome (2017). The scope of the conference is to bring together researchers and professionals in Stochastic Optimization and its applications in different fields spacing from economics and finance to supply chain, logistics, etc.
CMS 2020 is the 17th edition of an annual meeting associated with the Journal of Computational Management Science published by Springer. The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for theoreticians and practitioners from academia and industry to exchange knowledge, ideas and results in a broad range of topics relevant to the theory and practice of computational methods in management science.
This joint event will provide a forum for fruitful discussions and interactions among researchers and professionals from industry and institutional sectors on decision making under uncertainty in a complex world. The conference will be within the scopes of both CMS and EWGSO and, in particular, it will focus on models, methods and computational tools in stochastic, robust and distributionally robust optimization and on computational aspects of management science with emphasis on risk management, valuation problems, measurement applications. Traditional fields of application, such as finance, energy, water management, logistics, supply chain management, and emerging ones, such as healthcare, climate risk and sustainable development, will be included.
ECSO-CMS 2020 is jointly organized by the Department of Economics of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, the CMS Journal and the EURO Working Group on Stochastic Optimization.
Best student paper prize
A prize of 600 euro for the student best paper will be awarded. Papers should be nominated via e-mail by the students’ supervisors ( email@example.com). Deadline for the submissions to the prize is May 15th 2020.
The program will include a devoted session for presenting the best papers to compete for the prize, such that the jury could make the final choice. The paper does not have to be published. The papers should be principally authored by the student, but co-authors are permitted as long as their contributions are clarified. Only registered participants’ papers will be considered for the prize.
- Stein-Erik Fleten (Chair), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Güzin Bayraksan, The Ohio State University
- Jörgen Blomvall, Linköping University
- Elio Canestrelli, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Michel De Lara, École Des Ponts ParisTech and Université Paris-Est
- Laureano F. Escudero, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- Abdel Lisser, Université Paris Sud
- Csaba I. Fábián, Kecskemét College, Hungary
- Alexei A. Gaivoronski, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Miloš Kopa, Charles University of Prague
- Francesca Maggioni, University of Bergamo
- Nilay Noyan, Sabancı University, Istanbul
- Bernardo K. Pagnoncelli, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Santiago, Chile
- Georg Pflug, University of Vienna
- Alois Pichler, University of Technology, Chemnitz
- Andrzej Ruszczynski, Rutgers Business School, Newark
- Rüdiger Schultz, University Duisburg-Essen
- Alexander Shapiro, Georgia Tech Isye
- Asgeir Tomasgard, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Stein W. Wallace, NHH Norwegian School of Economics
- Wolfram Wiesemann, Imperial College London
- David Wozabal, Technical University of Munich
Local organizing committee
- Diana Barro (Chair), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Martina Nardon (Co-Chair), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Antonella Basso, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Marco Corazza, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Giovanni Fasano, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Paola Ferretti, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Marco Parussolo (Web editor), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice