Destinations and travel information

Ca' Foscari has signed hundreds of exchange agreements and institutional partnerships with prestigious universities across Europe and around the globe in order to encourage its students, professors and administrative staff to experience and engage with the world. This map showing the institutions with which Ca' Foscari has partnered will help you to explore your options. For more information, please contact the International Office.
There is a range of different kinds of international exchange agreements. Some are open to the entire university while others are managed by a particular department, and some are only for students while others are also open to academic faculty and/or administrative staff.


Type of agreements

Erasmus+ study agreement
Erasmus+ exchange agreement in Europe
Inter-university agreement between Ca’ Foscari and another European university established under the Erasmus+ programme.
puntatore arancione
Departmental agreement
Exchange agreement at the departmental level
Bilateral agreement between a single Ca’ Foscari department and a foreign university that allows only students from this department to participate in the exchange programme.
puntatore rosso
Overseas agreement (outside the EU)
Inter-university exchange agreement
Bilateral agreement between Ca’ Foscari and a non-EU university that allows any student to participate in the exchange programme.
puntatore blu
Double / Joint Degree agreement
Double / Joint Degree exchange agreement
Joint/double degrees involve two or more universities, allowing a student to study at multiple institutions over the course of a programme of study. Upon completing a joint degree, students receive a single diploma bearing the names of all of the institutions involved. Upon completing a double degree, students receive two (or more) diplomas issued independently by each of the universities delivering the programme.
puntatore viola
International Credit Mobility (ICM) Erasmus+ agreement
Erasmus+ Agreement outside the EU
Inter-university agreement between Ca’ Foscari and a non-EU university established under the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) programme.
puntatore giallo
CFSIE agreement
Agreement with Ca' Foscari School for International Education (CFSIE)
Cooperation agreement between Ca’ Foscari School for International Education (CFSIE) and an international university.
puntatore verde
SEMP agreement
Swiss European Mobility Agreement
Bilateral agreement with Swiss universities for study, research, training and mobility.
puntatore verde

Travel information

Going abroad: essential documents and useful advice

Make sure that your ID or passport is valid for the entire mobility period.

If you are travelling outside the EU and in non-EU Erasmus+ countries (such as Turkey) you will need an entry visa, which must be applied for in advance at the host country’s embassy/consulate in Italy.

Before your departure, we recommend checking the Viaggiare Sicuri [ITA] website containing advice for safe travel as well as consulting the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for information on your destination country and visas.

Health insurance

If you are a European citizen travelling within the European Union, your basic health cover is guaranteed by the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which gives you access to statutory health care in EU countries.

For information on how to get prescription medicine abroad, consult the website

If you are a non-EU citizen, before your departure, you should contact your consulate in the destination country for information on visas and health insurance.

If you are participating in a mobility period in non-EU countries you must purchase private health insurance from a travel agency or insurance company.

For more detailed information on the single countries, consult the Italian Ministry of Health [ITA] website and find your destination by using the interactive guide "Se parto per" [ITA].

Accident insurance and civil liability

In your Personal Area, you can download your Certification of Insurance Coverage against accidents and for civil liability.