|Qualifica||Cultrice della materia|
www.unive.it/persone/annamaria.pazienza (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/dsu
Centro Interuniversitario per la Storia e l’Archeologia dell’Alto Medioevo (SAAME)
Sito web struttura: http://saame.it/
Sede: Malcanton Marcorà
Dr. Annamaria Pazienza is a historian of post-Roman Mediterranean Europe (c. 400-1000 CE), with training in archaeology and auxiliary sciences (palaeography). Her research follows various lines of inquiry: a. The Late Antique and Early Medieval Italian History, with a special focus on the history of the Lombard kingdom and the origins of Venice, that she investigates through a multidisciplinary approach; b. Mobility Studies, and in particular the study of regional and micro-migrations of non-aristocratic people in Lombard and Carolingian Italy, a thematic strand she has started working on during her stay as visiting research fellow at the University of Tübingen; c. Medievalism and Heritage Studies, with a major interest in the theme ‘Archaeology and Nationalism’, on which she is currently preparing a monograph under contract with Brill, with the provisional title In Search of the Lombards. The Making of early medieval mortuary Archaeology in Italy (1860s – 1940s); d. Thanks to her collaboration with Dr Veronica West-Harling, she has become interested also in female Monasticism in Italy in the tenth and eleventh centuries and, more generally, in Gender History.
She has taken part as speaker in several national and international congresses. For a complete list, please see Annamaria's profile on Academia.edu.
Current and Previous positions
- a.y. 2019/2020, Contract Lecturer, Mobility & Humanities Centre for Advanced Studies (MOHO), University of Padova, Italy
- 2019, Visiting Research Fellow, Centre for Advanced Studies ‘Mobility and Migration in Late Antiquity and the early Middle Ages’, Eberhard Karls Universität of Tübingen, Germany
- a.y. 2017/2018, Contract Lecturer, Department of Humanities (DUS), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2016 to present, Teaching Assistant (Cultuore della Materia), Department of Humanities (DUS), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2016, Scientific Collaborator, Department of Humanities (DUS), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2013-2016, Postdoc Research Fellow, Department of Humanities (DUS), Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2010-2011, Scientific Collaborator, Department Of Historical and Geographic Sciences and The Ancient World (DiSSGeA), University of Padova, Italy
- 2010, Editorial Assistant, Corpus Christianorum – Brepols Publishers, Turnhout, Belgium
- 2009, Ph.D in Medieval History, University of Padova, Italy
- 2007, two-year Diploma in Archival Sciences and Palaeography, State Archives of Venice, Italy
- 2005, two-year MA in Medieval Archaeology, Ca’ Foscari University – Venice, Italy
- 2002, BA in Archaeology, Ca’ Foscari University – Venice, Italy
Affiliations and Public Engagement
Dr. Annamaria Pazienza is a fellow of SAAME (Centro Interuniversitario per la Storia e l’Archeologia dell’Alto Medioevo). She is also a member of EAA (European Association of Archaeologists) and of SISMED (Società Italiana degli Storici Medievisti). She was in the Organizing Committee of the 6th Congress of S.I.S (Società Italiana delle Storiche) held in Padua and Venice (14-16 February 2013) and of the 1st Congress of SISMED held in Bertinoro–Forlì/Cesena (14-16 June 2018).
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.