www.unive.it/persone/federico.picerni (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Studi sull'Asia e sull'Africa Mediterranea
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/dsaam
Sede: Palazzo Vendramin
Componente della Consulta dei Dottorandi
- PhD candidate, Chinese literature
Department of Asian and North African Studies, Ca' Foscari University of Venice (advisor: Prof. Nicoletta Pesaro)
Heidelberg Centre for Transcultural Studies, Heidelberg University (advisor: Prof. Dr. Barbara Mittler)
- 2018-present: Ph.D. in Asian and African Studies & Asian and Transcultural Studies, Ca' Foscari University of Venice & Heidelberg University.
- 2015-18: M.A. in History and Asian Studies, University of Bologna.
- 2010-13: B.A. in Asian Languages, Markets and Cultures, University of Bologna.
_Research abroad and additional training_
- 2019-20: (September-January) Senior visiting student, Peking University (supervisor: Prof. Zhang Huiyu).
- 2019: (July) Summer school in "Modern Asian Literatures and Cultures", Palacký University Olomouc.
- 2017: (November-December) Fieldwork at Peking University.
- 2017: (May-October) Chinese-Italian literary translation workshop, Confucius Institute of the University of Milan & Civica Scuola Interpreti e Traduttori "Altiero Spinelli".
- 2014-15: (September-June) 1-year advanced Chinese language course, Xi'an Jiaotong University.
_Scholarships and awards_
- 1-semester Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship, Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters (May 2019).
- 3-year PhD full scholarship, Italian Ministry of University/Ca' Foscari University of Venice (September 2018).
- Grant to conduct M.A. thesis-related fieldwork at Peking University, School of Humanities of the University of Bologna (June 2017).
- Second prize, 15th Hanyuqiao/Chinese Bridge Chinese Proficiency Competition, Italy-San Marino (April 2016).
- Hanban scholarship for a full academic year in China (June 2014).
_Academic teaching experience_
- Teaching assistant in Chinese language and translation (M.A.), Ca' Foscari University of Venice (2019; 2020-present).
- Student Representative of the PhD Programme in Asian and African Studies, Ca' Foscari University of Venice (2018-present).
- From the margins of city and literature: the representation of Beijing in the Picun literature group's ouevre and the right to recognition(s) - China from the Margins: New Narratives of Past and Present, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, forthcoming.
- Marginality and recognition: migrant workers' right of entry in the "temple of literature" through the case of the Picun Literature Group - EastAsiaNet Workshop "Migration: The Role of East Asia", Duisburg-Essen University, 23-25 April 2020. [Cancelled due to COVID-19 emergency]
- Writing the country and meaning the city. Rural space, city and identity of authors in contemporary Chinese migrant-worker literature - Transcultural Connections: Migration in Asia, Europe and the Americas, Heidelberg University, 21-22 June 2019.
- Migrant-worker writing in the social space of China's contemporary city - 11th Asian Dynamics Initiative Conference - PhD Workshop "The Asian City", University of Copenhagen, 18-19 June 2019.
- Strangers in a familiar city? The urban space of Beijing seen and written by Picun migrant poets - The Transcultural Production of the Urban Space in Eurasia, Ca' Foscari University of Venice, 20-21 February 2019.
- Family restructuring, marital crises and left-behind children and wives in Fan Yusu and Xu Zechen's stories - The invisible within: actors, relationships and activities in Chinese migrant families, University of Central Lancashire, 15-16 November 2018.
- Gendered migration. City, countryside and gender in Xu Zechen's migrant fiction - 9th International Symposium for Young Researchers in Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Studies and East Asian Studies, Universitat Autonòma de Barcelona, 29 June 2018.
- "Picun's writers in the literary field of Beijing; Beijing in the literary works of Picun's writers", University of Chicago Center in Beijing, 3 December 2019.
- "Contrordine compagni! Il linguaggio omosessuale in Cina" (Pull back, comrades! Homosexual language in China), University of Bologna, 7-8 November 2018.
- European Association for Chinese Studies
- Associazione Italiana Studi Cinesi
- Association for Literary Urban Studies
_Research groups and networks_
- 2019- LaboraTorio-Research Group on the Translation of Asian and North African Languages.
- 2018- Popular Culture Research Group, Heidelberg University.
- 2018-19 Angela Pascucci research team, supported by the Interuniversity Research Centre for Sustainable Development.
_Additional relevant professional experience_
- Since 2013 I have been working as a freelance translator and interpreter (Chinese, English, Italian), collecting experience in a number of sectors, including cultural events, film festivals, and the judiciary. In this respect, I have worked with the Confucius Institute, the China Children’s Press & Publication Group and European Union bodies, among others. Starting from 2015 I have also worked as a teacher of English and Chinese at private and public schools.
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.