Andrea Stocchetti –Ph.D.
Ca’ Foscari University, Dept. of Management
Tenured Associate Professor of Business Management & Competitive Analysis
Co-founder, member of the Faculty and of the Scientific Board of the Center for Automotive and Mobility Innovation – CAMI (www.unive.it/cami
Main Research areas:
Urban Sustainable Mobility
Business Strategic Analysis
Strategic change for Sustainability
- 1991 Degree in Business Economics and Management
- 1995 Ph.D. visiting student at the Birkbeck College - University of London
- 1996 Doctoral Degree in Business Economics and Management at Ca' Foscari
- 1998: Assistant Professor in Business Economics and Management
- 2006: Tenured Associate Professor of Business Economics and Management
Recent Academic teaching
Competitive Analysis (6 ECTS, bachelor, in Italian “Analisi della concorrenza)
Strategic Analysis (6 ECTS, MSc)
Contemporary Issues in Management (6 ECTS, MSc)
Global and Local Challenge in the Age of Unsustainable Development (6 ECTS, bachelor)
Introduction to Urban Sustainable Mobility (Executive Master)
Participation in projects funded by external organizations:
- 2020-2022 Partner coordinator & member of the Steering Committe of the European Project under Interreg Italy-Croatia “MIMOSA - Maritime and Multimodal Sustainable Passenger Transport Solutions and Services – Italy-Croatia Transport Data Analysis - Interreg Project Italia-Croazia 2014-2020 - CUP E89E20000780005.
- 2018-2021 Partner coordinator & member of the Steering Committe of the European Project under Interreg Italy-Slovene "Crossmoby - Mobility planning and cross-border sustainable passenger transport services” (funded under EU-Interreg Program Italy-Slovene 5/2018); leading contractor: Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia
- 2016 subcontracting by Fondazione ITL (Bologna, ITA) in EASYCONNECTING project Europe – Adriatic Sea – Way Freight IPA ADRIATIC CBC PROGRAMME 2007 – - 2016: Car shipping trend in North-Adriatic Ports
- 2015 Venice International University – VIU, 2nd International Symposium on Sustainability - Scientific Coordinator
- 2014 Venice International University – VIU, 1st International Symposium on Sustainability - Scientific Coordinator
- 2013 in the role of Ca’ Foscari Vice-president for Building, Logistics, Infrastructure, Energy, Housing and Safety, he has coordinated the project aiming at obtaining the LEED Certificate for the Ca’ Foscari Building, the headquarter of the University that gives its name to the University and is a 560 years old gothic palace on Canal Grande. Ca’ Foscari obtained the LEED certificate in 2013 (number 1000026395) as the oldest LEED-certified building in the world.
- 2010/12 Italian Ministry of Research National Program, PRIN 2008, "Strategic Responses of the Italian Automotive Supply Chain to the International Crisis" (local unit scientific responsible)
- 2011 Regional Project under EU ESF - “Implementing sustainable mobility to increase local competitiveness”
- 2010 Regional Project under EU ESF - "New professionals for sustainable competitive development of the Eyewear district".
- 2009 Regional Project under EU ESF- "Sustainability and renewable energies as the source of competitive advantages for manufacturing firms".
As participant and member of the steering committee
2006/10 EURODITE - "Regional Trajectories To The Knowledge Economy: A Dynamic Model, EU Integrated Projects, no. 006187, 6th framework) (in the steering committee from 2008 to 2010).
2019 Member of the Scientific Board for Veneto Regional Transport plan 2020-2030.
2005/07 Italian Ministry of Research National Program - PRIN 2004, “Knowledge management as a tool for competitive advantage: an inter-industry comparison”.
2000/02 CoCKEAS - Co-ordinating Competencies and Knowledge in the European Automobile, SETN-1999-00140 - European Commission Research Directorates – 5th framework, Action 4.
2001/03 Italian Ministry of Research National Program - PRIN 2001, “Organizational impact of ICT on human resources and supply chain management”
1998/02 GERPISA - Groupe d' Etudes et de Recherches Permanent sur l'Industrie et les Salariés de l'Automobile
1997/99 COSME - Co-operation of Small and Medium Enterprise, 4th framework EU – Action II, INCO-DC
1998/02 IMVP - International Motor Vehicle Programme
1997/02 ICDP - International Car Distribution Programme
Editorial Board, scientific committees, other activities
Promoter and chairman of the international workshop "Maritime and multimodal sustainable passenger transport solutions and services", October 14th, 2022, Venice, Ca' Foscari.
Promoter and organiser of the international conference "Boosting EU cohesion through Cross-Border Sustainable Transport Planning", December 16th 2021, Department of Management - Campus S. Giobbe
Promoter and organiser of the International Workshop "Cross Border Transport and Mobility in the EU Issues and State of the Art" (virtual, Covid cause), 4 December 2020, jointly organised by Ca' Foscari University - Department of Management, Friuli Venezia Giulia Region, UIRS- Urban Planning Institute of the Slovenian Republic
2018 - to date: member of the Editorial Board of Energy Policy Studies ISSN: 2545-0859 - http://www.instytutpe.pl/en/eps-en/
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Veneto Regional Transport Plan 2019-2030
Promoter and implementer for the Department of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Municipality of Venice and the Department of Management on the project "Venice in Class A", (30 January 2019, Special Repertory City of Venice 20311)
Peer reviewer for nternational scientific journals:
- Int. J. of Automotive Technology and Management, 1741-5012.
- Energy Policy Studies, 2545-0859.
- Asia Pacific Management Review, 1029-3132.
- Business Research Quarterly, 2340-9444.
- Sustainability, 2071-1050.
- Energies 1996-1073.2018 – now: Energy Policy Studies ISSN: 2545-0859 –
Recent participation in congresses, conferences, seminars, etc.
3rd International Congress AGE OF NEW ECONOMY AND NEW JOBS - BLUE ECONOMY AND BLUE INNOVATION, 10-12 Ottobre 2021. Paper: The impact of SARS-CoV-2 pandemic on individual mobility: a survey-based empirical investigation Lanzini P., Stocchetti A.
Online Conference "New intermodal services for sustainable mobility between Italy and Croatia", 23 Settembre 2021: Recommendations and proposed solutions adopted in the transport sector to cope with the COVID-19 restrictions and prevention measures.
Webinar "Behavioural change: pushing sustainable mobility options and alternative destinations" september 29, 2021, Presentation: "Behavioural change for sustainable mobility: influencing and changing attitudes and travel behaviour through “soft” measures"
Conference "Intermodal solutions for a more sustainable future", Trieste 7 December 2021, Keynote speaker. Title of the speech: "Beyond behavioural change in intermodal transport".
Conference "Intermodal solutions for sustainable cross-border mobility", Trieste 25 November 2021, panelist
Conference on sustainable urban development, 20 October 2020 (virtual, Covid cause) Title of intervention: The evolution of sustainable urban mobility principles. Event within the cycle of seminar days organised by the Veneto Region for the POR-FESR 2014-2020
18th European Week of Region and Cities, Workshop "Interreg V-A Italy-Slovenia 2014-2020 CAP&COM and EU Green Deal", 13 Ottobre 2020 virtual meeting): The approach adopted in the Crossmoby Project.
2018, July 10-14, 2018 AESOP Congress Gothenburg (SWE) - Speaker, The evolution of the perspectives on urban mobility principles.
2017, Sept. 28-29, 6th International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business, Berlin (D), Speaker, Symbolism Or Substance? A Meta-Analytical Review Of The Relationship Between Corporate Governance And Corporate Social Responsibility.
2016 Sept. 22-23, 20th EMAN Conference Two Decades of Corporate Environmental and Sustainability Accounting – What has been achieved?
Lüneburg (D), Chairman, Corporate Governance And Corporate Social Responsibility: A Meta-Analytic Review Of The Extant Literature And Directions For Future Research.
2015, Oct. 15-16, The Automotive Ecosystem
On The Global Road To Sustainability The Asian Perspective, Venice International University (ITA)
Scientific Committee, Chairman & Keynote session moderator.
Main current and past academic assignments
Delegate of the Rector for the organisational development of the prevention and protection system (2021-23).
Contact person for the Department of Management for "sustainability skills", (integrative teaching activity), 2021- .to date
Member of the "Equis Team" working group of the Department of Management for the implementation of preliminary activities for the Equis accreditation application (ERS area), 2019 - .to date.
Member of the application selection committee for the Ph.D. in Management at Ca' Foscari University (2017/8-2019/2020)
Pro-rector for Buildings, Logistics, Safety, Infrastructures, and Logistics, (2009-2014)
Coordinator of the Erasmus programme for the Department of Management (2007-2009).
Evaluator on recent competitive project proposals:
2017: Expert evaluator of the panel on sustainable mobility - projects of the national operational plan
2017: Evaluator for the Poland National Science Center for projects submitted in the Opus Scheme
2016: Expert evaluator for PRIN – National Interest Research Projects
Collateral academic activities
He co-authored the script and collaborated in the production of the play "Country music. Una storia Americana" produced by Teatro Ca' Foscari and the Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage, staged at the Teatro a Santa Marta on 16 May 2019. The text of the play and a summary of the research on the historical facts that inspired the script are published in
Vanin E.;Stocchetti A. Country Music. Una Storia Americana, Ca' Foscari Digital Pubishing, pp. 1-54, ISBN 978-88-696-9327-4