Andrea Stocchetti - Ph.D.
Tenured associate professor of Competitive Analysis and Strategic Change
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: VSM, San Giobbe Campus, Cannaregio 873, 30121 Venice
Andrea Stocchetti has over 25 years of experience in academic teaching, mentoring and scientific research in the fields of automotive industry, sustainable mobility, sustainability management and competitive analysis. To date, he has about 80 publications, both national and international.
He is co-founder and member of the scientific committee of CAMI – Center for Automotive and Mobility Innovation (www.unive.it/cami.) He has been scientific coordinator and member of the steering committee in several projects funded by external organizations, including VI EU Framework, EU INTERREG and Italian Ministry of Research National Program. He his member of the Editorial Board of Energy Policy Studies (ISSN: 2545-0859) and serve as a reviewer for several international Journals.
- 1991 degree in business economics and management
- 1995 Ph.D. Visiting student at the Birkbeck College - University of London
- 1996 doctoral degree in business economics and management at Ca' Foscari University
- 1998: assistant professor in business economics and management
- 2006: tenured associate professor of business economics and management
school/university academic appointments
Since 2014: Member of the Faculty and of Steering Committee of VSM research center CAMI – Center for Automotive & Mobility Innovation.
Since 2019: Member of the Faculty of the Executive Master in Mobility Innovation and Management (MIMA)
2021-23 Ca’ Foscari University Delegate for the organizational development of the prevention and protection system
2023-25 Coordinator of the Ca’ Foscari University Research Institute in Management & Innovation
Recent institutional/research services
2009-14 Ca' Foscari University Pro-rector for construction, energy, infrastructure, logistics, security and housing.
2017-19 Member of the selection committee for the PhD in Management at VSM.
Recent non-academic services/connections with practice
- 2023 “Estimation Of Existing And Potential Transport Demand For A Trieste - Rijeka Railway”, study carried out in the context of Regional Law 18/2011 - DGR 592/2022 - Operational Plan Central European Initiative - Friuli Venezia Giulia Region 2022/2023
- 2019 Member of the Scientific Board for Veneto Regional Transport plan 2020-2030.
- 2016 Car shipping trend in North-Adriatic Ports, tender by Fondazione ITL (Bologna, ITA) in EASYCONNECTING project Europe – Adriatic Sea – Way Freight IPA ADRIATIC CBC PROGRAMME 2007 - 2016.
- 2013 in the role of Ca’ Foscari Pro-rector for Building, Logistics, Infrastructure, Energy, Housing and Safety, he has coordinated the project aiming at obtaining the LEED Certificate for the Ca’ Foscari Building, the headquarter of the University that gives its name to the University and is a 560 year old gothic palace on Canal Grande. Ca’ Foscari obtained the LEED certificate in 2013 (number 1000026395) as the oldest LEED-certified building in the world.
- 2020-2022 partner coordinator, WP responsible & member of the steering committe of the European project under the INTERREG Programme Italy-Croatia “MIMMOSA - Maritime and Multimodal Sustainable Passenger Transport Solutions and Services – italy-Croatia Transport Data Analysis - Interreg programme ITA-HR 2014-2020 - cup e89e20000780005.
- 2018-2021 partner coordinator & member of the Steering Committe of the European Project under Interreg Italy-Slovene "CROSSMOBY - Mobility planning and cross-border sustainable passenger transport services” (funded under EU-Interreg Program Italy-Slovene 5/2018).
- 2014-2015 Venice International University – VIU, 2nd International Symposium on Sustainability, Scientific Coordinator
- 2010/12 Italian Ministry of Research National Program, PRIN 2008, "Strategic Responses of the Italian Automotive Supply Chain to the International Crisis" (local unit scientific responsible).
- 2011 Regional Project under EU ESF - “Implementing sustainable mobility to increase local competitiveness”.
- 2010 Regional Project under EU ESF - "New professionals for sustainable competitive development of the Eyewear district".
- 2009 Regional Project under EU ESF- "Sustainability and renewable energies as the source of competitive advantages for manufacturing firms".- 2006/10 EURODITE - "Regional Trajectories To The Knowledge Economy: A Dynamic Model, EU Integrated Projects, no. 006187, 6th framework) (in the steering committee from 2008 to 2010).
Research interests (ERC key words)
SH7_9 Energy, transportation, and mobility
SH1_9 Industrial organisation; entrepreneurship; R&D and innovation
SH1_10 Management; strategy; organisational behaviour
Research interests (Areas)
Urban sustainable mobility
Strategic change for sustainability
Editorial boards, reviewer activity
2018 - to date: member of the Editorial Board of Energy Policy Studies ISSN: 2545-0859 - http://www.instytutpe.pl/en/eps-en/
Reviewer for the following international scientific journals (last 5 years):
- Innovation. The European Journal of Social Science Research, 1469-8412
- Int. J. of Automotive Technology and Management, 1741-5012.
- Energy Policy Studies, 2545-0859.
- Asia Pacific Management Review, 1029-3132.
- Business Research Quarterly, 2340-9444.
- Sustainability, 2071-1050.
Selected invited talks/participation to WORKSHOPS & conferences
2022 International Conference Digital Solutions And Eco-Friendly Models For Lower-Carbon And Sustainable Tourism Solutions In Adrion Region, title of the speech: Role of soft measures in tourism mobility planning and management, Trieste, December 7th.
2022 FORTIS Project final conference – Stakeholder Workshop. Title of the speech: Progettare, attivare e promuovere i servizi di trasporto pubblico transfrontaliero: criticità e prospettive (in Italian), Trieste, July 7th.
2021 3rd International Congress Age Of New Economy And New Jobs - Blue Economy And Blue Innovation, 10-12 October 2021, Split (HR). Title of the paper: The impact of SARS-CoV-2 pandemic on individual mobility: a survey-based empirical investigation Lanzini P., Stocchetti A.
2021 Online Conference "New intermodal services for sustainable mobility between Italy and Croatia", September 23rd: Recommendations and proposed solutions adopted in the transport sector to cope with the COVID-19 restrictions and prevention measures.
2021 Conference "Intermodal solutions for a more sustainable future", Trieste December 7th, Keynote speaker. Title of the speech: "Beyond behavioural change in intermodal transport".
2018 July 10-14 2018 AESOP Congress Gothenburg (SWE) Speaker The evolution of the perspectives on urban mobility principles
2017 Sept. 28-29 6th International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business, Berlin (D) Speaker Symbolism Or Substance? A Meta-Analytical Review Of The Relationship Between Corporate Governance And Corporate Social Responsibility
2016 Sept. 22-23 20th EMAN Conference Two Decades of Corporate Environmental and Sustainability Accounting – What has been achieved? Lüneburg (D) Chairman Corporate Governance And Corporate Social Responsibility: A Meta-Analytic Review Of The Extant Literature And Directions For Future Research
2022 - Best paper awarded (3rd prize) in the ISDSI 2022 Global conference, Jagdish Sheth School of Management (Bengaluru, India), with the paper: Verma P., Stocchetti A. Start-ups. A different Ball Game.