- Full professor in Operations Research. Dipartimento di Management, Università "Ca' Foscari" di Venezia. Novembre 2006 - .
- Full professor in Operations Research. Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Università di Palermo. January 2002- October 2006
- Associate professor. Dipartimento di Automatica ed Informatica, Università di Palermo. November 1998 - December 2001.
- Assistant professor. Dipartimento di Elettrotecnica, Elettronica e Informatica, Università di Trieste. July 1995 - October 1998.
- Post-doc in Operations Management. Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Telematica, Università di Genova. November 1994 - June 1992.
- Ph.D. in System Science. Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Telematica, Università di Genova. November 1989 - October 1992.
- Fulbright Scholar. Scholarship refused for incompatibility with military service obligations. 1989.
- Laurea Degree in Electronic Engineering (Summa cum Laude and Publishing Dignity), Facolta' di Ingegneria, Universita' di Genova. December 1988.
The scientific activity of Raffaele Pesenti is in the field of management and evaluation of complex systems with application in transportation/logistics and biology.The research in these fields is devoted to the study of the strategic and analytical elements of the systems design and to the development of models and methods which may find application in the day by day operations. His works on:
- management of distribution networks and systems,
- consensus problems,
- public and freight transportation,
- production planning and control,
- innovation and evaluation problems,
appear on journals such as: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, SIAM Journal on Optimization, Transportation Science, Transportation Research, Automatica, Bioinformatics, INFORMS Journal on Computing, Networks.
- Computational Tools for Management 2004 -
- Quantitative Methods for Supply Chain Management 2015 -
- Operations Research, 1998-2008.
- Operations Research II, 2004-2008.
- Quantitative Methods for Logistics Management, 2001-2004.