www.unive.it/persone/carlo.frappi (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Studi sull'Asia e sull'Africa Mediterranea
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/dsaam
Sede: Palazzo Vendramin
- Historian by training, Frappi's expertise includes Energy security policies and energy competition in the Eurasian area; Foreign Policy of Turkey and Southern Caucasus Republics, with a particular focus on Azerbaijan; Security cooperation in the Wider Black Sea/Caspian areas. Over the last fifteen years he has been dealing with the above-mentioned topics in cooperation with both private think tanks and universities. He has authored two monographs on contemporary Azerbaijan and several articles published in academic journals. Moreover, since 2010 he is co-authoring the ISPI quarterly monitoring on Energy Security for Italian Parliament and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, dealing with Eurasian energy producer states' policies and strategies.
Carlo Frappi holds a Ph.D. in European History from University of Rome “La Sapienza” and a M.A. in Political Sciences with specialization in International Politics from the University of Perugia. Moreover, he has been completing a specialization course on “Democratization and Political Affairs” (2004) organized by the Austrian Study Center for Peace and Conflict Resolution and sponsored by Vienna Diplomatic Academy under OSCE patronage. Italian mother-tongue, he speaks fluently English and has a basic working knowledge of Turkish.
- From 2007: “Istituto per gli Studi di Politica Internazionale - ISPI”, Milan, Italy: Associate Research Fellow at the Eurasia and Energy Policies Programs.
- From 2013: “Associazione per lo Studio in Italia dell’Asia centrale e del Caucaso –ASIAC”, Venice, Italy: Member of the Board of Directors.
- 2004-2010: “Equilibri”, Milan, Italy: Senior Consultant on Turkey and the Former Soviet Union.
- 2017-2018: “Università Ca’ Foscari”, Venice, Italy: Turkey and Azerbaijan Office Manager, Intenational Office.
- 2007-2011: “Italian Center for Turkish Studies – ICTS”, Director.
- 2004-2009: “Equilibri”, Milan, Italy: Editor and Supervisor of “Equilibri.net” international relations review.
RESEARCH AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- From 2015, “Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore”, Milan, Italy, Cultural and Linguistic Mediation faculty. Adjunct Professor in “Regional Studies – Russia”.
- 2013-2016, “Università Ca’ Foscari”, Venice, Italy. Research Fellow at Department of Studies on Asia and Mediterranean Africa. Research project on “Energy security in hydrocarbons producing states. The case of Azerbaijan (1991-2013)”.
- 2017, Joint ISPI-SAM Research project on “Identity, Security and Development: Post-Bipolar Trends in Regional Cooperation and Competition”, Project co-head with G.Pashayeva, and coordinator for Italian side.
- 2014, Joint ISPI-SAM Research project on “The Caspian Sea chessboard: Geo-political, Geo-strategic and Geo-economic Analysis” Project co-head with A. Garibov, and coordinator for Italian side.
- 2014, NATO Allied Command Transformation project “PREDICT - Projections and Relevant Effects of Demographic Implications, Changes, and Trends”, External scientific advisor.
- 2013, February-April, Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SAM), Baku, Azerbaijan. Visiting Research Fellow.
- 2012, Joint ISPI-SAM Research project on “EU-Azerbaijani Perspectives on Cooperation”, Project co-head with G. Pashayeva, and coordinator for Italian side.
- 2012, ISPI Research project on “China in Central Asia”. Project head and coordinator.
- 2011, ISPI Research project on “Energy security in producing countries’ perspective”.Project head and coordinator.
- 2010, ISPI-Treccani project “Atlante di Geopolitica”. Scientific coordinator.
- 2009, ISPI Research project on “NATO at 60. Challenges and divergences from national perspectives”. Project co-head and coordinator.
- 2008-2010, “EFSPS - European Foreign and Security Policy Studies”. Research Fellow for a two-years research project on “Energy Issue in the Context of EU-Turkish Relations”.
- 2008-2009, ISPI Summer and Winter schools on “Geopolitics of the Conflicts: New Patterns in War and Reconstruction” and “Geopolitics and Eurasian security cooperation”. Course Coordinator and Lecturer.
- 2004-2007, “Università degli Studi di Milano”, Milan, Italy, Political Sciences faculty. “International History” Assistant Professor.
- 2004-2007, “Università degli Studi di Milano”, Milan, Italy, Political Sciences faculty. “European Integration History” Assistant Professor.
- 2003, “Università degli Studi di Perugia”, Perugia, Italy: Post-Lauream Annual Grant within the research project “Da Breznev a Gorbaciov: una lettura in parallelo dell’esaurimento del sistema internazionale bipolare” – under D.R. n.724 of 04/02/2003.
- 2002-2004, “Università degli Studi di Perugia”, Perugia, Italy, Political Sciences Faculty, “International Relations History”, Assistant Professor.
MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Since 2010, “La sicurezza energetica italiana ed europea” [“Italian and European energy secutiry”], ISPI quarterly monitoring on energy security for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Parliament. Co-authored with M. Verda and A.Villafranca (2010-2015) and with N. Rossetto (2016), and with F. Clô and C. Proietti Silvestri (since 2017).
- 2017 (March), “La politica estera della Turchia” [“Turkey's foreign policy”], ISPI research report for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Parliament. Co-authored with V. Talbot.
- 2012 (April), “Il ritiro dall'Afghanistan: le percezioni nella NATO, nel Regno Unito, in Germania, in Turchia e negli Emirati Arabi Uniti” [The Withdrawal from Afghanistan: Perceptions of NATO, the United Kingdom, Germany, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates], ISPI analysis for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Parliament. Author of the research work on “Turkish perceptions and stance on the withdrawal from Afghanistan”.
- 2011 (October), “La rivolta araba e gli scenari energetici: prospettive di policy per l’Italia” [The Arab Revolt and the energy scenarios: policy perspectives for Italy]. ISPI research report for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Author of the research work on “Caspian role as third national energy supply channel: opportunities and constraints”.
- 2011 (July), “La Russia dopo la crisi: i rapporti economici con l'Italia, la cooperazione energetica e il mondo sindacale” [Russia after the Crisis: economic relations with Italy, Energy Cooperation and the Trade Unions]. ISPI research report for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Parliament. Author of the research work on “Italian-Russian energy cooperation”.
- 2011 (May), “La situazione politica in Turchia alla vigilia delle elezioni legislative” [The political situation in Turkey on the eve of the legislative elections]. ISPI research report for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Parliament. Co-authored with V. Talbot.
- 2011 (March), “L'Italia e i vicini orientali dell'Unione Europea” [Italy and EU Eastern Neighbours], ISPI research report for Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Report coordinator and author of the research work on “Italian bilateral relation with Azerbaijan”.
- 2009 (February), “Dove va la Russia?” [Where is Russia heading to?], ISPI Annual report for Italian Parliament. Research work on “Italian-Russian energy cooperation and strategic consequences for the EU and its neighborhood”.
- 2008 (April), “Il Caucaso in una Prospettiva Europea” [The Caucasus in a Europen Perspective], ISPI research report for the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs. Research works on “The Southern Caucasus in the European Energy Policy” and “The Evolution of Security Cooperation in the Wider Black Sea area”.
- 2006 (May), “Sfide e opportunità nel Caucaso e in Asia Centrale” [Constraints and Opportunities in the Caucasus and Central Asia], research report for the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs. Research work on “The Trancaucasus in Turkish foreign policy”.
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.