|Telefono||041 234 8725|
firstname.lastname@example.org - MACLab
|Fax||041 234 8701|
|SSD||ECONOMIA AZIENDALE [SECS-P/07]|
www.unive.it/persone/maria.lusiani (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Management
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/management
Sede: San Giobbe
Maria Lusiani (PhD in Management) is Associate Professor in Business Administration and Accounting at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, where she directs the second-cycle degree in Economics and Management of Arts and Cultural Activities (Egart), the research centre in Management of Arts and Culture (Maclab), and is a faculty member of the PhD in Management, and of the Ca’ Foscari International College. Before joining Ca' Foscari, Maria was post-doctoral fellow (2012) and visiting PhD student (2011) at HEC Montréal, Canada. Her research deals with management and accounting practices in complex organizations, ranging from the arts field to the healthcare field, both in Italy and abroad (Peru, Malta, Canada), with a strong emphasis on qualitative research methods, including case studies, ethnography, historical analysis, discourse analysis and semi-automated content analysis. Her research has been published in Accounting History, Management and Organizational History, Long Range Planning, Journal of Management and Governance, Journal of Arts Management, Law & Society. She supervises PhD students and post-docs in the fields of arts management, accounting and business history.
Major research projects and grants
• 2021: Research project: “The new craft sector: Creative clusters and the evolution of knowledge and skills”, financed by CRUI. Role: scientific responsibility and supervision.
• 2021: Research project: “Mapping the complexity of cultural & creative ecosystems as knowledge pools: a mixed-methods exploration”, financed by Ca’ Foscari Department of Management (Department of Excellence funds). Role: scientific responsibility and co-supervision.
• 2019: Research project “Hybrid organizations in XVI century Venice”. Role: co-supervisor. [Main publication: Lusiani, Vedovato, Pancot (2019) “Governance and accounting practices in hybrid organizations: Insights from a sixteenth-century charity in Venice” Accounting History - Ranking A Area 13].
• 2016: Research project on “Trajectories and perspectives in the accounting profession”, financed by the Associazione Nazionale Commercialisti – Bologna. Role: scientific responsibiliy [Main publication: Maria Lusiani (2019) Traiettorie e prospettive di cambiamento della professione di commercialista: uno studio esplorativo , Franco Angeli]
• 2016: “Accounting for accounting history: A topic modeling approach”. RMIT School of Accounting competitive research grant scheme, AUD 5.000, 2016. [Main publication: Ferri, Lusiani and Pareschi (2018) in Accounting History - Ranking A area 13]
• 2012: Post-doc scholarship financed by the "Canada Research Chair in Strategic Management in Pluralistic Settings", HEC Montréal, Canada, in collaboration with Ann Langley (HEC Montréal), Viviane Sergi (Université du Québec à Montréal), Jean-Louis Denis (Ecole Nationale de Santé Publique, Montréal). [Main publications: (a) “Plural Leadership in Health Care Organizations: Forms, Potential and Challenges” with Viviane Sergi, Mariline Comeau-Vallée, Jean-Louis Denis, Ann Langley, in The Oxford Handbook of Health Care Management (Eds.: Ferlie, E., Montgomery, K., & Reff Pedersen, A. Eds.), Oxford University Press; Oxford, 2016; (b) “Strategic Planning as Practice” with Ann Langley in Cambridge Handbook of Strategy as Practice (Eds.: Golsorkhi, D., Rouleau, L., Seidl, D., & Vaara, E.) Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2015; (c) “Saying what you do and doing what you say: The performative dynamics of lean management theory” with Viviane Sergi, Ann Langley, Jean-Louis Denis in Working Paper Series (ISSN 2239-2734); (d) Lusiani & Langley (2018) "The social construction of strategic coherence: practices of enabling leadership" Long Range Planning.
• 2011: FSE grant for the research project: "Agenti di sviluppo per il distretto culturale evoluto. L’adattamento strategico dell’economia delle produzioni culturali” at UNIVE [Main publication: "Rhetoric and practice of cultural districts as a model of governance: Empirical evidence from the Veneto region" with Monica Calcagno and Fabrizio Panozzo, EURAM proceeding].
• 2008-2012: UNIBO department of Management PhD scholarship. [Main publication: Lusiani (2016) Discourses of Planning. Editoriale Scientifica]
• 2006-2008: “Funds for performing arts – Explorative research on transparency, accountability and effectiveness of the public funding for the performing arts”. Project commissioned by the Italian Ministry for cultural heritage and activities €50.000. Member of the research unit. [Main Publication: Zan L., Bonini Baraldi S., Ferri P., Lusiani M., and Mariani M.M., 2012. International Journal of Cultural Policy - Ranking A Area 10]
• 2020: Ca’ Foscari Department of Management Research Award for the paper: Lusiani, Vedovato, Pancot (2019) “Governance and accounting practices in hybrid organizations: Insights from a sixteenth-century charity in Venice”, Accounting History, vol. 24, pp. 444-463
• 2019: Ca’ Foscari Department of Management Research Award for the papers:
(a) Lusiani & Langley (2018) “The social construction of strategic coherence: Practices of enabling leadership” Long Range Planning, vol. 52/5;
(b) Ferri, P.; Lusiani, M.; Pareschi, L. (2018) “Accounting for Accounting History: A topic modeling approach (1996–2015)” Accounting History, vol. 23, pp. 173-205.
• 2016: EURAM Best Paper Award for the paper “What editors talk about when they talk about editors: resisting institutional change through discourse”, with Luca Pareschi.
• 2013: Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings for the paper “Professionals as strategists? Channelling and organizing distributed strategizing” with Ann Langley
Organization of conferences and events
• 2019: AIMAC International Conference on Arts and Cultural Management, Venice, Italia
• 2018: Business Model Conference at Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, 18-19 May 2018.
• 2011: Professional Development Workshop at AOM – Academy of Management – San Antonio (Texas). Workshop: “Does West meet East in Arts and Heritage Management?”, Critical Management Studies Division.
- Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA)
- European Accounting Association (EAA)
- European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS)
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.