- Doctoral degree in Humanities and Social Sciences (Asian and African Studies) at University of Ljubljana. Degree attained on 1 March 2018. Dissertation title: “Form and Significance of Tea Connoisseurship in the Late Ming Dynasty.” Mentor: Nataša Vampelj Suhadolnik. Co-mentor: Mateja Petrovčič.
- Oriental Languages and Literatures (Chinese) Master Degree at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice. Degree attained on 8 March 1996. Overall final result: 110/110 with honours. Dissertation title: “Il Memoriale sul tè di Xu Cishu: la cultura del tè in Cina alla fine del XVI secolo.” Mentor: Maurizio Scarpari. Co-mentor: Marco Ceresa.
GRANTS, FELLOWSHIPS, OTHER EDUCATION EXPERIENCES AND RESEARCHES
- Erasmus+ Teaching Staff Mobility, Soochow University. Main activities: lectures and workshops at School of Business, School of Sociology, and School of Arts. 20 May - 2 June 2019.
- International Summer School “The Wei Jin Nanbei Period and the Importance of Transition”, organised by Department of Asian and African Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana. Koper, 2-9 September 2015.
- Research project “Individuazione di aree e tematiche di particolare interesse nell’ambito delle realtà imprenditoriali cinesi presenti nella Regione Veneto”, organised by Ca’ Foscari University Department of Asian and North African Studies and Veneto Lavoro, from May to June 2015.
- Fieldwork at School of Liberal Arts, Nanjing University. Object: biographical materials about Feng Megnzhen (1548–1605). From November 2013 to January 2014.
- Ca’ Foscari University of Venice grant at Jilin Huaqiao Foreign Language Institute, Subject: “Competenza interculturale nella didattica dell’interpretazione italiano-cinese”. November 2012.
- Research fellowship at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, “Sviluppo del progetto //venice>connected – Cina” (Development of //venice>connected Chinese website), from June 2011 to June 2012;
- Advanced Chinese course at Taiwan Culture University, from January to July 1998.
- Business Chinese course at ASIA, Vicenza, from November 1995 to May 1996.
- Government scholarship at Nanjing University from September 1992 to June 1993..
- Chinese language course at Beijing Language Institute, from September to December 1990.
ITES - Master degree program in Interpreting and Translation for Publishing:
- Chinese-Italian Consecutive Interpreting, from 2008-09 to present.
- Business Chinese and Cantonese, 2012-13, 2014-15.
GMC – University Master in Global management for China:
- Business Chinese, from 2014-15 to 2016-17.
LICSAAM - Bachelor's Degree Program in Language, culture and society of Asia and Mediterranean Africa:
- Chinese language – Business Negotiation, 2014-15.
MLC - Bachelor's Degree Program in Linguistic and Cultural Mediation (former DUTI - Undergraduate Course for Translators and Interpreters):
- Chinese-Italian Liaison Interpreting, from 2009-10 to 2012-13.
- Italian-Chinese Translation, 2006-07.
- Chinese-Italian Consecutive Interpreting, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2006-07.
- Chinese language, 2002-03.
- Chinese Consecutive Interpreting, from 2001-02 to 2002-03.
- Chinese-Italian Interpreting (Simultaneous) (1 course, 30 hours), from 1998-99 to 2000-01.
- Chinese-Italian Interpreting (Consecutive) (1 course, 30 hours), from 1998-99 to 2000-01.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES
- “The Compilation and Publication of the Chashu Quanji (Complete collection of essays on tea)”, paper presented at “TEA CULTURE(S) - International Colloquium 2019”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venezia, 8 November 2019.
- “Early References to Tea in European Sources”, paper presented at “9th International Tea Culture Symposium”, Zhangzhou College of Science & Technology, Zhangpu, 14 October 2019.
- “Le rotte del tè e le sue prime tracce nella cultura europea”, paper presented at “Dai giardini del tè di Dazhangshan: cultura del paesaggio e patrimoni rurali nella Cina antica e contemporanea”, Fondazione Benetton Studi e Ricerche. Treviso, 11 maggio 2019.
- “A philological approach to the translation of Chinese traditional connoisseurship literature: the case of Ming essays on tea”, paper presented at “Translation History and Translation Stories”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Treviso, 15-16 April 2019.
- “Tea Culture and Social Strata”, paper presented at “International Symposium on the Specific Methodology of Chinese Studies in the Ph.D. Program: the Transfer of Concepts and Categories from One Socio-Cultural Context into Another”, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. Korte, 16-17 December 2017.
- “Studies on Chinese Tea Culture: Past and Present”, paper presented at “The Culture of Tea in China - International Colloquium”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venezia, 18 November 2017.
- “Paternità̀ ed edizioni del trattato Kaopan yushidi Tu Long”, paper presented at “XVI Convegno dell'Associazione Italiana Studi Cinesi", Milano, 21 September 2017.
- “Whisked, Boiled, Steeped: Tea in Ming Dynasty”, paper presented at “The History of Tea in China - International Colloquium”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venezia, 30 September 2016.
- “Chinese Textual Sources for Sencha Culture”, paper presented at “The Culture of Tea in Japan: International Symposium”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venezia, 1 September 2015.
- “Valori, gusti e consumi”, paper presented at the symposium “Esploratori e Pionieri – Mercati, persone, imprese e sorprese”, IMALab, Università Ca’ Foscari, Venezia, 28 November 2014.
- “Writings on Tea in the Ming Dynasty”, paper presented at “3th International Symposium on Asian Studies: ‘Language, thought, realities’”, Department of Asian and African Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, 18 October 2012.
- “New Words for New Tastes: Chinese Wine Tasting Lexicon”, paper presented at “Seminar on Chinese linguistic and Language Teaching”, Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia, Venezia, 17 May 2012;
- “Tocca a te bere! Giochi conviviali e consumo delle bevande alcoliche in Cina”, paper presented at “XI Convegno dell'Associazione Italiana Studi Cinesi ‘La Cina e il Mondo’", Roma, 22-23 February 2007.
- “C’era un volta un tè: storia del tè Luojie”, paper presented at “2° Convegno Nazionale sulla Camelia da Tè”, Lucca, 13 Mach 2004;
- “Evoluzione dei procedimenti di lavorazione del tè in Cina dall'ottavo al diciassettesimo secolo", paper presented at “IX Convegno dell'Associazione Italiana Studi Cinesi ‘La Cina e l'altro’”, Napoli-Capri, 14-16 October 2003;
- "La lavorazione del tè verde in Cina dall'epoca Tang ad oggi", paper presented at “1° Convegno Nazionale sulla Camelia da Tè”, Lucca, 23 March 2003.
- AISC (Italian Association for Chinese Studies), member, since 1999;
- CITCI (China International Tea Culture Institute), honorary director, since 2000;
- AICTEA (Italian Association for Tea Culture), founder and president, since 2005.