Born: April 18th, 1979 in Cittadella (PD), Italy
12/ 2021 – today: Associate Professor at University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Department of Environmental Science, Informatics and Statistics, SSD ING-IND/25
01/2011-11/2021: Assistant Professor, at University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Department of Environmental Science, Informatics and Statistics, SSD ING-IND/25
01/2006-10/2007: Contract Researcher, University of Verona ING-IND/25 (Scientific and Technologic Dept of University of Verona)
01/2008-12/2010: PhD in Environmental Science, University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Department of Environmental Science, Informatics and Statistics,
01/2006-11/2006: Inter-Universities II level Master in “School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering: Waters Management and Industrial Treatments” University of Venice, University of Verona, University of Padua, University of Udine, University of Trieste, Italy
2005- Master Degree in Industrial Biotechnology (5years)
MAIN RESEARCH ACTIVITIES:
Research and development activity concern the chemical and process engineering for organic waste valorisation and wastewater treatment related to anaerobic digestion of civil/industrial/agricultural organic waste (sludge, biowaste, manure, winery waste) for energy (hydrogen and methane production) and dark fermentation of solid organic matrices for chemicals production. Recently she is developing new research activities on toxicological effects of digestate (in collaboration with the ecotoxicology group of Ca' Foscari University) and on microalgae exploitation for wastewater/ digestate treatment and biogas-upgrading for biobased compounds production.
- 03/2022. MODSEN “ MODel of Saving electric ENergy from organic waste fermentation” Efficienza energetica dei prodotti e dei processi industriali. Responsabile for Ca’ Foscari (36 months, 170.000 €).
- 2020-2021- POR-FSE “Monitoring of CO2 utilization by photosyntetic microorganism” – Project code 2120-0009-1463-2019. Project Responsible (15 months, 50.000 €)
- 2018-2021 Scientific responsible for Fondazione Ca’ Foscari. Project POR-FESR-Regione Veneto- PHOENIX-P2G “PHOENIX – Power to Gas: Advanced technologies for CO2 to CH4 conversion within Porto Marghera industrial area”. (18 months, overall budget 600.0000 €).
- 2018-2021 Scientific responsible for Fondazione Ca’ Foscari. Project POR-FESR-Regione Veneto “ECOPOLIMERI: “optimization of a pilot plant for biocomposite material production made by biopolymers obtained from lignocellulosic fibers (Posidonia oceanica) for production of objects for shoe industry, floristic and compostable shoppers (18 months).
- 2017-2019 “Added-value chemical products and energy from bio-waste: (Anaerobic Digestion and Microalgae) integrated bio-phys-chem processes for a circular economy approach”. Project Responsible (48.000€), founded by University Ca’ Foscari of Venice within the program “Supporting Pirncipal Investigators” (SPIN)..
- 2015-2019 Substitute member of Management Commitee COST Action EUALGAE (https://www.cost.eu/actions/ES1408/).
- 2017-2020, RESURBIS, “REsources from URban BIo-waSte”, Call CIRC-05-2016 del Programma Horizon 2020. Research unit participation.
- 2013 - 2016: Industry 2015 – Low impact Renewable energy production using mixed biomasses and special waste through innovative processes. Research unit participation.
-2014-2017, Project PRIN WISE “ Sustainable processes for the conversion of the organic fraction of urban solid waste into sustainable products”. MIUR PRIN 2012, Research unit participation.
- 2013-2016 Project BIOFITO, Veneto Agricoltura - “Treatment of livestock waste with integrated technological systems for the purpose of reducing nutrients loads”. Research unit participation.
- 2011-2014,EU IIV FP project “ROUTES-Innovative system solutions for municipal sludge treatment and management” (ENV.2010.3.1.1-2 Research unit participation..
- 2010-2013, EU IIV FP project “VALORGAS –Valorisation of food waste to Biogas” Research unit participation.. http://www.valorgas.soton.ac.uk/
- 2009-2012 Project “RiduCaReflui”: “ Reduction of the polluting load generated by livestock waste in the area of the drainage basin of the Venetian lagoon”. Research unit participation. University Ca’ Foscari of Venice
- 2004-2006, EU IIV FP project “CROPGEN - renewable energy from crops and agrowastes”.Research unit participation., University Ca’ Foscari of Venice . http://www.cropgen.soton.ac.uk/
- PRIN 2009: “Advanced treatments of the downstream flows of the anaerobic codigestion process with biological removal of nitrogen and sequestration of CO2 in the gas flow with photosynthetic bacteria” Research unit participation. University Ca’ Foscari of Venice
- PRIN 2007:" Production of bio-hythane through a two-stage anaerobic digestion process of primary (energy crops) and secondary (waste) biomasses" Research unit participation. Università degli Studi di Verona
- PRIN 2007:“ Advanced biological treatments for the removal of nitrogen and micro-pollutants from anaerobic effluents deriving from the treatment of agro-industrial biomass". Research unit participation., University Ca’ Foscari of Venice
PUBLICATIONS (Scopus, March 2022):
More than 60 publication in national and international conference proceedings
- From AA 2020-2021-ongoing- Lecturer “Remediation and bio-remediation technologies for contaminated sites” (6CFU)- Master’s degree in Biotechnologies for environment and sustainable development.
- From AA 2010-2011- ongoing-Lecturer “Remediation technologies for contaminated sites” (6CFU)- Master’s degree Environmental Science
- From AA 2014-2015- ongoing Lecturer “Sicurezza e salute nelle attività didattiche e di ricerca” (1CFU) Master degree Environmental Science
-From AA 2015-2016- ongoing-Lecturer “Laboratory on field” (6CFU)- Master’s degree Environmental Science
- 15-19/08/2011 and 12-16/08/2013- Lecturer at summer school “Biogas technology for Sustainable second generation biofuels” Jyvaskyla University, Finlandia. Topics: Fundaments of Anaerobic Digestion; Digestate Treatment and Utilization.
- 08-12/03/2010- Lecturer Workshops at Ca 'Foscari University of Venice: “Tecnologie chimico-fisiche e biologiche per la bonifica dei siti inquinati”, Master degree in Environmental Sciences.
- 2007/2010- Co-Lecturer at Laboratory course of “Chemical plant” (Bachelor degree’s in Industrial chemistry)
- 2007/2010 -Co-Lecturer at Laboratory course of “Chemical plant” (Bachelor degree’s in Industrial Chemistry).
- 2006- 2010 Lecturer at Laboratory course “Chemical analysis on liquid/solid substrates and analysis of wastewater treatment functionality” (40h), Master of Science course: “Chemical Engineering for wastewater treatment end renewable energies”.
-Horizon Europe (external expert for the Research Executive Agency and BBI-JU),
-Chilean National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT)
- Hong Kong- research grants council collaborative research fund,
- Central Finance and Contracting Agency (Latvia, Riga)
- Danida Fellowiship Center (Denmark)
- Ontario Research Fund, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
She acts as reviewer for more than 30 scientific journals in the fields of Energy and Fuels, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences and Biotechnology.
Guest Editor of special issue “Bioenergy from organic waste” Energies ((ISSN 1996-1073) 2019-2020.
Review Editor of Frontiers in Chemical Engineering, s Environmental Chemical Engineering sector
MEMBER OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETY:
International Water Association (IWA),
Associazione Italiana di Ingegneria Chimica (AIDIC),
GRICU (Gruppo di Ingegneria Chimica dell’Università),
AISAM (Associazione Italiana per lo Studio e le Applicazioni delle Microalghe).
ORGANIZATION OF SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS:
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the International Congress: ”First Mediterranean Congress: Chemical Engineering for Environment” held in Venice, Italy, San Servolo 4-6 ottobre 2006. (>200 participants)
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the International Congress EcoSTP 2014 – Ecotechnologies for wastewater treatment, Verona, Italy 23-25 Giugno 2014.
- Member of the Programme Commettee 13th IWA Specialized Conference on Samll Water and Wastewater Systems & 5th IWA Specialized Conference on Resource-Oriented Sanitation. Athens, Greece (15-17/09/2016)
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the International Congress 3rd IWA Resource Recovery Conference, Venice, Isola di San Servolo, 8-12 Settembre 2019. (>300 participants)
- 2021- ongoing -Scientific Advisory Board Member of the Project COFUND-Marie Sklodowska-Curie, Global @ Venice.
- 2021- ongoing -Scientific Committee Member of “Ca’ Foscari Institute for Global Challenges”. University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Italy
- 2020- ongoing- -Member of the Collegial activities for the Master Degree in “ Biotechnologies for environment and sustainable development ”.
- 2019- ongoing Referring Professor for the University Ca’ Foscari of Venice for the Working Group on Waste and Resources(RSU).
- From 2019- ongoing -Vice-Coordinator of Doctoral School in Environmental Science, University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Italy
- 2016-2020-Co-coordinator of Research Institute on Green and Blue Growth University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Italy
- 2016- ongoing- Referring Professor for the University Ca’ Foscari of Venice for the National Cluster Blue Italian Growth