- PhD in Physics, University of Padova, Italy
- Excéllence Postdoctorale, Université Laval, Québec City, Canada
- Since 2016, Full Professor of Physics, Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems at the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
- General Physics, Environmental Physics, Science of Complex Systems, Energy Systems, Materials Science, Advanced Optics, Photonics, Epistemology
- “Systems Thinking” at the Scuola Superiore of the University of Catania, Italy
- “Sustainability” at the International College of Ca’ Foscari University
- Director of the “International School on Emergy Accounting”, Ca’ Foscari University
- "Ecological modeling" at Beijing Normal University, China
- Visiting Professor (2 semesters) at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.
- H-index=34 (2017, WoS). Author or co-author of about 150 publications in international peer-reviewed Journals, co-author of 3 contributions in encyclopaedias
- Research interests in Experimental study of nanostructured glasses, glasses for ICT and for energy technologies, Systems Thinking and Emergy Analysis, artistic glasses
- High-end foreign expert at Beijing Normal University, China
- Visiting researcher at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, USA)
- Visiting researcher at the University of Florida (Gainesville, USA)
- Guest Editor for Elsevier, Journal “Materials Science and Engineering B” and for L&H, “Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management”.
- Invited lecturer at Universities in Canada, USA, Germany, India, Japan, China
- Invited speaker at International Conferences in France, Poland, Germany, Canada, Italy, Japan
- Chairman and organizer of Symposia for the European Society for Ecological Economics and the European Materials Research Society
- Chairman and organizer of Workshops in Italy, Austria, Japan
- Teaching or research official assignments at Universities in China, Japan, USA
- "Marco Polo of the Italian Science" International Award (2011) by the Italian Scientific Community working in Japan and the Italian Embassy in Tokyo
- Member of Education Board of the International Society for Advancement in Emergy Research
- Member of Advisory Board of EDULEARN (International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies), Scientific Committee of ICERI (International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation), Scientific Committee of SDEWES, (Conf. on Sustainable Develop. of Energy, Water and Environment Systems).
Past Appointments at Ca' Foscari
- Director of the Graduate School
- Elected member of the Academic Senate
- Rector in Commission for orientation, tutoring and stages
- Vice-Director of the Physical Chemistry Department.