Internships represent a period of on-the-job training giving students and recent graduates the opportunity to acquire professional competences and skills transferable to the world of work. The relationship between intern and organization shall not be considered an employer-employee relationship.
By law, the maximum duration of an internship is 12 months for students, and 6 months for recent graduates. Recent graduates may begin their internship within 12 months of graduating.
The Internships Abroad Unit deals with the organization and management of international internships for all students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degree programmes as well as for alumni who have graduated in the past 12 months, including traineeships funded by the European Erasmus+ programme.
The Service is also responsible for the promotion of internships, search for partner companies and all the administrative aspects linked to the setting up and management of internships abroad. It also organizes recruiting events and seminars to enhance the employability of its beneficiaries.
How to liaise with Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Visit the web-page Internship: company section and select “Sign-in”
- Register your company by filling in the blanks
- Wait for the email containing the access key to log-in. Please write down your credentials to access your Company Area. In this way, you will be able to publish your offers for internships abroad, manage the internship documentation, etc.
- To draw up the agreement, you will have to fill in the relevant form and click “Submit”. You will obtain a file corresponding to the Agreement Proposal, which must be downloaded and signed.
The file Agreement Proposal is in PDF/A format and must be digitally signed. Please note that we only accept the following certified digital signature formats: pades (.pdf) and cades (.pdf.p7m)
We will not accept in any case:
- Handwritten signatures
- Scanned signatures
- Signatures pictures (for example, jpg)
- Please carefully read the "Host Partner Obligations", which you can download here below, and will be sent to you after countersigning the agreement.
In case you do not have the certified digital signature formats pades and/or cades, you will have to print out the file Agreement Proposal. Your Legal representative will have to sign it manually and then send it by registered post or express courier to Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, Ufficio Career Service - Settore Tirocini Estero, Dorsoduro 3246 - 30123 Venice, Italy.
In both cases, after receiving the Agreement Proposal and checking that everything has been done properly, the document Agreement Acceptance will be signed by our Administrative Head and will be sent back to you together with the file “Host Partner Obligations”.
In this way, the trainee will succeed in completing his/her own training project.
- Connect to the “Gestionale Stage: Sezione Aziende” / "Internship Management System: Companies Section" page (only the first time you use the service) and click on “Registrati” / "Register".
- Wait for the email with your login credentials, use them to access the Internship Management System and select the “Offerte di stage” / "Internship offers" section.
- Fill in a new internship offer by clicking on “Crea nuova offerta” / "Create new offer" and send the request.
- The Career Service will evaluate the internship offer to verify its compliance with the University training offer and, if so, will publish it on the notice board in the area reserved to Ca’ Foscari’s students; any self-application will reach the company through the channels indicated in the offer itself: the company will therefore be able to contact candidates directly to select the most suitable person for the position.
- When returning to the Internship Management System, it will be possible to view the internship offers you have entered.
It will be possible to request the publication of internship offers by accessing the Gestionale Stage: Sezione Aziende” / "Internship Management System: Companies Section" using the login credentials received automatically as an affiliated company by selecting the “Offerte di stage” / “Internship offers” section.
Fill in a new internship offer by clicking on “Crea nuova offerta” / "Create new offer" and send the request. The Career Service will evaluate the internship offer to verify its compliance with the University training offer and, if so, will publish it on the notice board in the area reserved to Ca’ Foscari’s students; any self-application will reach the company through the channels indicated in the offer itself: the company will therefore be able to contact candidates directly to select the most suitable person for the position.
When returning to the Internship Management System, it will be possible to view the internship offers you have entered.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are already affiliated but do not have the access credentials, connect to the Internship Management System and select the option "Inserisci un’offerta di stage: SOLO per utenti che NON sono riusciti a finalizzare la registrazione ma che hanno già la convenzione attiva" / "Insert an internship offer: ONLY for users who DID NOT finalise the registration but who already have the agreement in force".
This will allow you to request the publication of the internship offer and to automatically receive personal credentials for subsequent access to the Internship Management System.
Last update: 05/12/2022