Bachelor's Degree: open admission

You can find here below the FAQs to clarify your doubts; should you not be satisfied after reading them carefully, please open a ticket through the link at the bottom of the page.

You can read the Regulation at this link: Carriere Minor e Advanced Course (ITA)


What are the methods of registration for an open admission degree?

Consult the Open Admission Degree page.

How are the minimum required entry skills verified?

You can find information by following the path "Enrol" > "Admission" on the site of the degree program you are interested in.

I have completed the application for registration, when will I receive confirmation?

Within 7 working days of payment of the first instalment.

I registrated by making the payment more than a week ago but I still have not received the confirmation email, what can I do?

Report it to admin by pressing the "Send a request" button at the bottom of the page.

I would like to fill out a registration form but the system asks me to choose one of my previous study careers, what should I do?

To complete the application for enrolment simply select any of your previous careers.

When completing the registration application, a malfunction warning appears, how can I proceed?

Re-start the registration procedure and if you see a pending process, select and cancel it. Report it to admin by pressing the Send a request button at the bottom of the page. 

I cannot find the high school I attended. What should I do?

Search by entering only the province and municipality of the school without specifying name and type of school. If you still cannot find it, report it to admin by pressing the Send a request button at the bottom of the page.

I inserted information / upload files in error whilst completing the registration form, what should I do?

Up until completion of your registration you can modify the data entered by recompiling the application in your Online Area.

I have completed the application for registration and paid the first instalment but I no longer want to be enrolled, what should I do?

Report it to admin by pressing the "Send a request" button at the bottom of the page.

Credit recognition

I have already done some exams before enrolling in a degree course, will they be credited?

Yes, some previous courses may be eligible for recognition. You can find information by following the path Enrol > Admission on the site of the degree program you are interested in.

Can I request recognition of exams after registration has been completed?

No, recognition must be requested together with registration.

What determines the number of credits recognized?

You can find information by following the path Enrol > Admission on the site of the degree program you are interested in.

Does credit recognition cost anything?

Yes, a contribution of 300.00 euros is requested, with the exception of enrolment with credit recognition: 

  • through transfer from another University;
  • from single / summer school courses, in cases where the teaching code corresponds to that stipulated by the study program. In the event that some courses are not included among those indicated in the study program, but are then included among the free choice exams, you will be subject to the payment of the 300.00 Euro contribution.

Whether I receive 6 or 36 credits, will I still pay 300 euro?

Yes, 300.00 euro is the standard fee.

How should I pay the credit recognition fee?

The invoice for the payment will be generated by the Registration Department at the time of completion of the application: you will have to make the payment through the PagoPA system.

If I am enrolled on another course of study and have applied for suspension, can I request recognition of the exams I have taken so far?

No, you cannot register by applying for credits if you are enrolled in another course of study and are taking advantage of a suspension.

If I have a University Master Course, how many credits will be recognized?

You can receive recognition for up to a maximum of 60 credits.

In calculating the graduation mark, how will exams that have been credited be counted?

Study activities recognized as part of a completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree will not  impact the admission grade for the final degree examination, while study activities recognized for individual courses and an unfinished university career terminated as a result of withdrawal, revocation or transfer will have an impact.

If I request recognition for individual courses, do I have to refer to the University/Didactic Secretary to fill in the form?

No: in the case where you request recognition exclusively for activities previously carried out at Ca' Foscari that show the same teaching code as in the study program of the course you will enrol in, you can independently fill in the credit identification form and attach it directly to the internal procedure for completing the online application form.

When will the exams credited student’s record book be accounted for?

The exams are record book in career starting from January.

Can I fill out the study program even if my credits have not yet been included in the student’s record book?

Yes, you must compile the study program by including the exams that have been recognized. If, during the compilation, you do not find exact correspondence between the exams chosen and for which you have recognition, and those that are proposed to you, insert any choice of courses: you can substitute them by recompiling the study program once you have received confirmation of the inclusion of the awarded credit recognition.


I'm having trouble paying the first instalment, what should I do?

Read the Faqs by following the path How to pay fees.

Can I get reductions on the amount of the first instalment in the registration phase? 

You must fill in the Request for Concessions in your Online Area, do the ISEE valid for the right to study in your favour and, if you are a student with Extra UE citizenship and you meet the requirements, send the tax domicile.

You have not found the answer to your question, or you need further information?
Submit a support request specifying the category of your problem and including a short description.

Last update: 21/05/2024