International Open Days
Given how many universities and study programmes there are to choose from, deciding where to get your university education can be challenging, especially if you are an international student considering the idea of studying abroad.
As a result, the Outreach and Recruitment Unit of the International Office organises a series of online International Open Days in English each winter to help you determine if Ca' Foscari and one of its English-taught bachelor's degrees, master's degrees or Foundation Year programme could be the right fit for you.
Who are they for?
The International Open Days are designed for international students interested in enrolling in a bachelor's or master's degree taught in English.
If you are interested in an Italian-taught programme, you can participate in the Italian-language Open Days [ITA], which present all programmes regardless of the language in which they are taught.
How do they work?
The International Open Days showcase Ca' Foscari's English-taught programmes through a series of live webinars given by professors and current students.
Apart from the presentations of our study programmes, there are also others dedicated to student services – such as financial aid and housing – as well as enrichment opportunities – for example, double degree and exchange programmes and language courses.
We will even talk about how you go about applying for a programme that interests you on our online application platform, apply.unive.it.
The presentation schedule for 2023 will be posted in the fall of 2022 together with the links needed to register to attend.
Why tune in?
Given how difficult and expensive travel is as a consequence of the pandemic, the International Open Days offer a great opportunity to explore Ca' Foscari and its study offer without having to make the trip to Venice.
In order to provide a window onto the intellectual experience of studying here, this event allows you to hear from the people whose knowledge, perspectives and opinions matter to you the most when choosing a degree programme: professors and students. Their presentations will provide an overview of what each programme involves, how it is structured, and what it is like to be in the classroom.
In addition, the International Open Days help to familiarise you with the resources that would be available to you as a student and explain the various ways in which you would be able to enhance your study experience by talking about things like exchange programmes, elective courses, summer schools and our honours college.
While participating in the International Open Days there will even be the opportunity to ask questions during dedicated Q&A moments.
The 2023 edition of the International Open Days have been tentatively scheduled from February 27 to March 10. Once the schedule has been finalised, it will be posted below together with all of the relevant details. The first week will be dedicated to the Foundation Year programme and bachelor's degrees, while the second week beginning on March 6 will focus on master's degree programmes.
While the 2023 programme is being finalised, the last edition's schedule of webinars with its links to the recordings can still be accessed below. However, please keep in mind that these recordings presented Ca' Foscari's study offer for the 2022/23 academic year, some aspects of which may change slightly for the upcoming 2023/24 academic year.
English-taught bachelor's degrees
- 14:30 Welcome remarks and introduction to undergraduate studies at Ca' Foscari University (watch the recording)
- 15:00 Economics and Business programme (watch the recording)
- 15:45 Business Administration programme (watch the recording)
- 16:30 Digital Management programme (watch the recording)
- 17:15 Philosophy, International and Economic Studies programme (watch the recording)
- 18:00 Hospitality Innovation and e-Tourism programme (watch the recording)
English-taught master's degrees
15/02/2022 – Focus on Economics and Management
- 14:30 Welcome remarks and introduction to graduate studies in Economics and Management at Ca' Foscari University (watch the recording)
- 15:00 Management programme (International Management Curriculum; Accounting and Finance Curriculum; Innovation and Marketing Curriculum) (watch the recording)
- 15:45 Economics, Finance and Sustainability programme (formerly called Economics and Finance) (watch the recording)
- 16:30 Global Development and Entrepreneurship programme (watch the recording)
- 17:15 Data Analytics for Business and Society programme (watch the recording)
16/02/2022 – Focus on Science and Technology
- 14:30 Welcome remarks and introduction to graduate studies in Science and Technology at Ca' Foscari University (watch the recording)
- 15:00 Environmental Sciences programme (Global Change and Sustainability Curriculum) (watch the recording)
- 15:45 Computer Science and Engineering programme (formerly called Computer Science; various curricula) (watch the recording)
- 16:30 Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials programme (watch the recording)
- 17:15 Conservation Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage programme (watch the recording)
17/02/2022 – Focus on Interdisciplinarity in the Humanities
- 14:30 Welcome remarks and introduction to interdisciplinary graduate studies in the humanities at Ca' Foscari University (watch the recording)
- 15:00 Digital and Public Humanities programme (watch the recording)
- 15:45 Environmental Humanities programme (watch the recording)
- 16:30 Economics and Management of Arts and Cultural Activities programme (watch the recording)
- 17:15 Comparative International Relations programme (Global Studies Curriculum; European Union Studies Curriculum) (watch the recording)
18/02/2022 – Focus on Languages and Cultures
- 14:30 Welcome remarks and introduction to graduate studies in Languages and Cultures at Ca' Foscari University (watch the recording)
- 15:00 Language Sciences programme (Language Sciences Curriculum; English Linguistics Curriculum) (watch the recording)
- 15:45 European, American and Postcolonial Languages and Literatures programme (English Studies path; American Studies path; joint degree in English and American Studies) (watch the recording)
Student services, opportunities and how to apply
- Overview of student services, opportunities and financial aid (watch the recording)
Last update: 05/12/2022