Swiss-European Mobility Programme
Thanks to bilateral mobility agreements between non-EU universities and Ca’ Foscari, SEMP students are selected by their universities for participation in international cultural exchanges. Their stay in Venice will enhance their university education, increase their knowledge of other cultures and languages, and provide them with an important life experience.
Contacts and reservations
Procedures for your home university
To come to Ca' Foscari as a SEMP student, first of all you have to contact the International Relations Office of your university in order to:
- make sure that your University has a valid bilateral exchange agreement with Ca' Foscari University (please check the list of partner universities);
- ask your home university International Office the detailed procedure for selection and grant;
- make sure that your home university send us your official nomination ( email@example.com) before the deadline.
Deadlines for nominations from partner universities
- April 1st - SEMP incoming mobility for the first semester or whole academic year (arrival in September);
- October 1st - SEMP incoming mobility for the second semester (arrival in January/February).
Procedures for SEMP students
After being officially nominated, SEMP incoming students receive Ca' Foscari Welcome Message, with a unique code (token) for the online registration.
Students have to prepare the following documents:
- one passport-size photo (good quality, JPG format, 4MB max.);
- transcript of records (prepared by the home university);
- learning agreement;
- English or Italian certificate (B2 level) - check the "Recognized certification" tab;
- copy of a valid ID or passport;
- accommodation form with one passport-size photo, only if you ask for accommodation in Venice; the International Relations Office of Ca’ Foscari University will send you the accommodation form with the Welcome Message.
Forms must be uploaded in the website for the online registration.
Original documents will be handed at the first meeting in Venice.
Deadlines for students' online registration
- April 30th - SEMP mobility for the first semester or the full academic year (September arrivals);
- October 30th - SEMP mobility for the second semester (January arrivals).
Before you leave your country
Do not forget to:
- have an identification document valid for foreign travel;
- only for non-EU students: ask the Welcome Unit of Ca’ Foscari University ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for an official university acceptance letter for the VISA;
- have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC card) issued by your National Health Authorities (for EU students) or another health insurance (for non-EU students);
- take your appointment with the Welcome Unit in order to finalise your enrolment.
During your stay
Appointments with the International Relations Office
- In order to arrange an appointment with the International Relations Office click here and choose "Welcome Unit". Each appointment is individual.
Programmes and courses
- SEMP incoming students can attend all the courses offered, PHD programmes and Professional Master's Programmes are excluded.
Ca' Foscari offers a great variety of courses entirely taught in English or with facilities in English (bibliography, final exam, support).
Each course website presents all the details: professor's name and contacts, timetable, programme.
Changes to the Learning Agreement
- In case you want to change the Learning Agreement you have to arrange a meeting with the Welcome Unit: the staff will check and sign your L.A., they will update your courses in your online career and they will send the signed document to your home University for the final approval.
Extension of stay
- If you wish to request an extension of your study period at Ca’ Foscari University, you need to provide the Welcome Unit ( email@example.com) with the authorization from your home university (an e-mail will be enough).
Before leaving Venice
In order to officially close your SEMP period in Venice, you have to take an appointment with the Welcome Unit.
The Welcome Unit staff will give you your final official certificate.