For academic year 2020/21 the Master’s degree in Environmental Humanities is a limited admission programme. It requires personal preparation and minimum credit requirements as well as participation in a selection procedure.
Enrolment is based on the position of the candidate on the ranking list.
Students holding an international qualification must request the preliminary evaluation of their qualifications.
Certified understanding of English language at B2 is also required.
All the specific information on process of registration, selection and enrolment are in the admissions announcement.
Minimum curricular requirements
Candidates who graduated from a Bachelor’s programme in L-1 Cultural heritage; L-5 Philosophy; L-10 Humanities; L-11 Modern languages and civilisations; L-12 Applied languages; L-18 Business administration; L-32 Environmental sciences ; L-33 Economics; L-42 History, or equivalent in the old university system are considered to meet the curricular requirements for admission to verification of personal preparation
If the candidate graduated from a different Bachelor’s programme, they must have achieved minimum credit requirements 42 ECTS in the following scientific disciplines:
BIO/03 Environmental and Applied Botanics
GEO/01 Palaeontology and paleeoecology
L-LIN/10 English literature
L-LIN/11 Anglo-american languages and literature
L-LIN/12 English languages and literature
M-DEA/01 Population Studies, Ethnography and Anthropology
M-FIL/01 Theoretical Philosophy
M-FIL/03 Moral Philosophy
M-FIL/05 Philosophy and Theory of Language
M-FIL/06 History of Philosophy
M-GGR/02 Economic and Political Geography
M-PED/01 General and Social Pedagogy
M-PSI/01 General Psychology
M-PSI/05 Social Psychology
SECS-P/01 Political Economics
SECS P/02 Economic Policy
SPS/01 Political Philosophy
SPS/04 Political Sciences
SPS/06 History of International Relations
SPS/08 Sociology of Culture and Communication
SPS/09 Sociology of Economic Processes and Labor
SPS/10 Sociology of the Environment
In the case in which students are not in possession of the curricula requirements, they must retrieve them before enrollment exclusively by carrying out single programmes (Bachelor’s Degree level) at this or other universities.
Personal preparation will be verified by the Didactic College through CV and an eventual interview.
By rule, students are considered in possession of personal preparation if they attain the following requirements:
- degree class: L-1 Cultural heritage; L-5 Philosophy; L-10 Humanities; L-11 Modern languages and civilisations; L-12 Applied languages; L-18 Business administration; L-32 Environmental sciences ; L-33 Economics; L-42 History, or equivalent in the old university system;
- minimum degree mark: 90/110.
In the event that candidates fail to achieve the minimum degree mark required in the classes indicated or graduate in a different degree class (provided they have earned enough credits in specific academic fields, as specified in the section on curricular requirements), the Didactic College verify the personal preparation through the evaluation of professional and personal CVs and possible interview.
The admissions process for spring selection is as follows:
- online registration, if you are not already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- pre-enrolment for the selection procedure;
- placement on ranking list;
- online enrolment and payment of the first installment of tax and university fees.
Pre-enrolment for spring selection will be on the March 10th until 12pm on June 9th 2020.
How to pre-enrol
Before proceeding, remember to arrange in electronic format:
- Your degree self-certification (enrolment if you are a student) with signed exams (in which is indicated: University where you achieved the qualification, class and degree programme, degree date and grade, exams taken with the relative scientific-disciplinary sector and the weight in credits): Verify if the self-certification, completed with all the aforementioned information, can be printed from the Personal Area of the host University website: alternatively, use the model of self-certification on this page;
- Your resume;
- Your English language certification attesting at least a B2 level or useful documentation to show that you are subject to one of the provided cases of exemption;
- Your letter of motivation (written in English, 500 words);
- A short essay (in English, 1,000 words) on the Environmental Humanities.
With your Username and Password assigned to you at the end of the registration procedure, you must access the Personal Area following this path: Servizi Segreteria Studenti - ESSE3 > Test di ammissione (Secretary Services for Students - ESSE3 > Admissions Test).
Once you have concluded the enrolment procedure, you will receive a confirmation email to the address stated when you registered.
If you want to request one of the assistances provided for candidates that are disabled or diagnosed with DSA for taking the admissions test, you must fill in the specific section for procedure of online enrolment and attach a certificate demonstrating possession of the disability/impediment.
Participation in the admissions test requires payment of a fee totalling 30 Euros, that should be paid after having completed the enrolment procedure online, by selection the “payment” button.
Place acceptance and matriculation
The procedure for accepting your place requires acceptance on behalf of the successful candidate and of those in the second round of selection depending on the available remaining places as indicated in the call for admission. Any remaining places after the second round of selection may be reassigned.
If you succeed in obtaining a place from the ranking list, you must accept your place through the specific online procedure from 1st July to 23rd July 2020.
The procedure of accepting your place coincides with matriculation and consists of two parts:
- completion of the online pre-matriculation form;
- Payment of the first installment of the tuition fees and university taxes: The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure. The payment will not be reimbursed under no circumstances.
Failure to comply with the deadline specified above results in loss of the right of registration: if you encounter any problems, contact the Matriculation Sector before the deadline.
Last update: 30/03/2020