Science and Technology Library (BAS)
The Science and Technology Library (BAS) is a specialist library in the areas of Sustainable Chemistry and Technologies, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Sciences, Technologies for Conservation and Restoration and Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials.
About 50% of its assets are digital resources and also include special archives, including the Montefibre Archive.
Via Torino 155, 30173 Mestre Venice (Italy) - map
Monday and Friday: 9 am-1 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9 am-5 pm
BAS provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. Users must have adequate protection and present their university badge for identification purposes. No replacement badges will be provided.
- University members (research users and students) must book via the Affluences website or the Affluences app using the institutional email. The reservation must be confirmed by clicking the link that will arrive via email.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a daily badge to enter the library and access the services via the Affluences website or the Affluences app.
Non-university members with a valid library card can send an email to email@example.com by 12 pm the day before.
The service will be provided during the opening hours only by reservation.
Users must book via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Appuntamento (appointment). Bibliographic data must be entered in the reservation. You can verify title, author and location of the books and check their availability in cerCa’ bibliographic resources portal.
There is no need to book the loan service if you have already booked for consultation: during your slot you can also request the loan.
The consultation service is available for all university members subject to reservation. The service will be provided during the opening hours, by booking via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Sala studio (study room) and the room on which you want to reserve a seat.
A maximum of 44 people can enter the rooms simultaneously. Group study spaces cannot be used.
During the consultation service users can borrow books.
During the consultation service, copy machines will be available for photocopies.
Users can verify the bibliographical data (title, author, year and issue of the journal and location) in cerCa’ bibliographic resources portal and check the issue’s availability at BAS.
To access the service users must write to firstname.lastname@example.org and wait to receive confirmation of appointment.
Users can return the due books
- by booking through the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Appuntamento (appointment)
- delivering the books at the entrance of the first floor of the BAS library. You will have the confirmation of the return when the books are collected by the library staff.
Returned books are subject to a 3-day quarantine.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
University members will be notified of the arrival of documents and how to collect them.
Active online services
The following services are provided online:
- help desk: from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 am, the staff will respond in real time to user requests sent to email@example.com
- bibliographic reference service and assistance with electronic resources by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to email@example.com
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the special online form [ITA]
- electronic resources in brief: short videos presenting the databases: NANO [ITA], WOS - Web of Science [ITA].
All the library electronic resources - ebooks, articles, electronic journals, theses and much more - can be consulted from home following the instructions at Remote access to electronic resources.
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8516|
|Loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansemail@example.com||+39 041 234 8516|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8956|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8956|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8956|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8969|
|Director Alessandra Zorzifirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8980 / 334 671 3773|
Last update: 22/09/2020