Palazzo Cosulich: from 17 July to 29 September 2023
Palazzo Cosulich book collection
Until 29 September 2023 the loan service is available at CFZ ( )
Printing, copying and scanning: the service has changed:
- to print or photocopy you have to recharge the membership card via PagoPA (at a cost of €0.06)
- you don't have to recharge the membership card to scan (free service).
You can verify the membership card account from a unique application.
Accessing the library
Access to the library and book services is open to Ca' Foscari University of Venice members and external users (non-university members) with valid credentials.
You need to book via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app and select:
- the library you want to go to as a service
- the floor on which you wish to book as a location.
Freshmen, new employees and those waiting for a badge can book a replacement badge by ticking the Richiedo badge sostitutivo (Request Replacement Badge) box in the “Informazioni aggiuntive” (“Additional Information”) section of the booking form.
No replacement badge is required for locations without entrance gates.
Ca' Foscari University of Venice members
The following are Ca' Foscari University of Venice members:
- lecturers and professors
- technical and administrative staff
- scholarship holders
- PhD students
- postgraduate students
- contract workers
- research fellows
- honorary fellows
- university graduates for one year after graduation
- students from foreign universities under exchange agreements with Ca' Foscari University of Venice
- visiting professors
To access the library, you must:
Members of the Alumni Association [ITA] may:
- access the University libraries by booking via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app and using the ucf.xxx credentials issued at the time of registration
- access the lending and consultation services.
Alumni who are still without a badge can book a replacement badge by ticking Richiedo badge sostitutivo (Request Replacement Badge) box in the “Informazioni aggiuntive” (“Additional Information”) section of the booking form.
Premium Alumni could also access the electronic resources (ebooks, electronic magazines, databases) from home by logging in with the 'ucf.xxx' credentials.
The following can access the University libraries and the consultation and lending services:
- individuals of age
- individuals already enrolled in Ca' Foscari University Library System (SBA)
- individuals holding a valid card
- individuals who have booked access via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app with the credentials received by SMS after sending the registration form.
To apply for SBA membership or renew an expired membership card:
- fill in the form Registration form for the University Libraries" (annual card)
- send it to the e-mail address below enclosing a copy of an ID card
- book after receiving confirmation of registration, which is sent within two working days.
The request should only be sent to one library: the SBA membership will automatically be valid for all the others.
IUAV members with:
- IUAV card with the user's name: they are enabled to use library services on first booking
- anonymous IUAV card: they have to request the printing of a special card at the time of registration.
Booking rooms and services
The maximum number of people allowed to be in the rooms of the various libraries at the same time is:
- 64 in the Ca' Bernardo library
- 70 in the Ca' Vendramin library
- 100 in the Palazzo Cosulich library
- 370 in CFZ
To book a seat in the reading rooms and library services via EasyPlanning or with MyUniVE app, follow these instructions:
- Ca' Bernardo, Ca' Vendramin: select “BALI [library] - accesso alle sale e ai servizi” (“BALI [library] – access to rooms and services”) as service and then choose a time slot.
- Palazzo Cosulich: select "BALI Palazzo Cosulich – consultazione materiale presso CFZ" as service
- CFZ: select
- CFZ – consultazione” (“CFZ – consultation”) as service and “CFZ - Sala studio piano terra” (“CFZ - ground floor study room”) or “CFZ - Sala studio primo piano” (“CFZ – first floor study room”) as location;
- “CFZ - sale per lo studio prolungato” (“CFZ – extended study rooms”) as service and “CFZ – Tesa 2” or “CFZ – Tesa B” as location.
For CFZ only, users who do not need to book a seat (to access the photocopy room, to borrow a book, for a quick consultation of a volume) can book access by selecting “CFZ - Accesso senza posto a sedere” (“CFZ – access without a seat”) as service.
Subject areas and gallery
BALI specialises in the following subject areas: American Studies, Slavic Studies, Iberic Studies, Eurasian Studies, East Asian Studies, Language Sciences.
BALI: CFZ accessible library
Since CFZ is an accessible library, BALI has activated the BALI-CFZ inclusive service to allow to consult and/or borrow texts from the BALI collections held elsewhere at CFZ.
To request the consultation and/or the loan of a book:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing the title and shelf-mark
- ask the library’s staff if you are already in CFZ.
Once you have received confirmation that the volume is available, you can book your seat at CFZ via EasyPlanning or with MyUniVE app or ask the library staff to book for you.
Volumes must be booked 24 hours in advance.
In the CFZ main room there are five seats reserved for people with disabilities.
Please note: the “accompaniment” service is not managed by the library; people who require it must request it by contacting the Inclusion Office through the Reserved Area (Servizio Inclusione [ITA]).
CFZ is spread over two floors:
- the ground floor is fully accessible, with the exception of the library services office (2 steps)
- the first floor has two reading rooms: one accessible by lift, one not accessible.
Computers and Wi-Fi
The reading rooms are equipped with table or wall sockets for your computer.
You also can access the University Wi-Fi network.
Dedicated workstations are available for consulting the catalogue and accessing the electronic resources.