Economics and Management Library (BEC)
The Economics and Management Library/BEC) is a specialist library in the areas of Economics and Business Management, Economics, Law, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and Tourist Service Management.
Its assets include around 250,000 volumes, 300 contemporary journals and 3000 older periodicals, in addition to the electronic economics resources, and are enhanced by special archives including the Gino Luzzatto Archive.
San Giobbe, Cannaregio 810, 30121 Venice (Italy) - map
San Giobbe, Cannaregio 810, 30121 Venezia
Plesso E, ex-mulino 1° piano
- 8-11, 24-31 December 2022
- 1-2 January 2023
- 3-6 January 2023 from 9 am to 10 pm
- 7 January 2023 from 9 am to 6 pm
- 8 January 2023 from 2 pm to 10 pm
BEC provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people.
Entry is allowed only with the university badge.
Masks are strongly recommended.
Easy Planning or app MyUniVE
The University members (research users and students) must book through
Also non-university members (with a annual card) can access the library and the services making a reservation through or MyUniVE app. See the page.
Access to reading rooms and services
To access the reading rooms and the services during the opening hours, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and authorized non-university members must book through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor).
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows) have 6 reservations bookable through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per docenti/ricercatori and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat
- PhD students, master's degree students have 6 reservations bookable (for up to 3 weeks per month), by booking through or MyUniVE app and selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per laureandi/dottorandi and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat.
A maximum of 215 people can enter the rooms simultaneously.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION: reservations not processed will be automatically canceled after 30 minutes from the scheduled start.
It is possible to request the material placed in the warehouse by filling out this form and delivering it to the reception and information service on the ground floor or sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The material is collected from Monday to Friday every 2 hours from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm, on Saturday from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
If you make a reservation for the access to the reading rooms and services, you can also request a loan or make a self-loan.
During your stay in the library, you can use copy machines.
Books can be returned in the spaces provided at the library entrance during the opening hours.
Online booking is not required.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
University members will be notified of the arrival of documents and how to collect them.
Bloomberg Finance Lab
The Bloomberg Lab is open to a maximum of 5 people, from Monday to Fryday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, by reservation only through
The use of the laboratory is illustrated in the following document: Bloomberg Finance Lab [pdf].
Reference and research support services
- bibliographic reference service, online and/or in-person, and assistance with electronic resources by writing to email@example.com. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the online form [ITA]
- research support, online or in-person, specialized assistance for teachers and scholars by writing to email@example.com
- scheduled workshops and courses will be delivered remotely. For more information, see the page: Courses and tutorials
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8763|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8763|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 7657|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8713 / 8715 / 7457|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8774 / 9340|
|BEC Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Sara Franzosofirstname.lastname@example.org||041 234 8774 / 366 9616192|
Last update: 01/12/2022