Economics and Management Library (BEC)
Libraries software update
On Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 January 2022 the library software will be updated and this could affect libraries' services:
- the return of the book will be registered starting from 26 January
- you can't verify the availability of the book on
- there may be delays in services
- you still have to book services through .
For more information, please contact the library.
The Economics and Management Library/BEC) is a specialist library in the areas of Economics and Business Management, Economics, Law, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and Tourist Service Management.
Its assets include around 250,000 volumes, 300 contemporary journals and 3000 older periodicals, in addition to the electronic economics resources, and are enhanced by special archives including the Gino Luzzatto Archive.
San Giobbe, Cannaregio 873, 30121 Venice (Italy) - map
from Monday to Friday: 9 am - 10 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
BEC provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. must wear a mask and present their university badge for identification purposes.
Easy Planning or app MyUniVE
- University members (research users and students) must book through or MyUniVE app using the university login credentials.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a daily badge to enter the library and access the services: Make a reservation through or MyUniVE app and select the entry Richiedo badge sostitutivo. The badge will be available at the Reception and Information Service and must be returned to staff before leaving the library.
Also specific categories of non-university members can access libraries and services according to the procedures described on the Access general rules page.
Access to reading rooms and services
To access the reading rooms and the services during the opening hours, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and authorized non-university members must book through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor).
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows) have 6 reservations bookable through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per docenti/ricercatori and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat
- PhD students, master's degree students have 6 reservations bookable (for up to 3 weeks per month), by booking through or MyUniVE app and selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per laureandi/dottorandi and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat.
A maximum of 215 people can enter the rooms simultaneously.
It is possible to request the material placed in the warehouse by filling out this form and delivering it to the reception and information service on the ground floor or sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The material is collected from Monday to Friday every 2 hours from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm, on Saturday from 9.30 am to 11.30 am.
If you make a reservation for the access to the reading rooms and services, you can also request a loan or make a self-loan.
During your stay in the library, you can use copy machines.
Books can be returned in the spaces provided at the library entrance during the opening hours.
Online booking is not required.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
University members will be notified of the arrival of documents and how to collect them.
Bloomberg Finance Lab
The Bloomberg Lab is open to a maximum of 5 people, from Monday to Fryday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, by reservation only through
The use of the laboratory is illustrated in the following document: Bloomberg Finance Lab [pdf].
Reference and research support services
- bibliographic reference service, online and/or in-person, and assistance with electronic resources by writing to email@example.com. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the online form [ITA]
- research support, online or in-person, specialized assistance for teachers and scholars by writing to email@example.com
- scheduled workshops and courses will be delivered remotely. For more information, see the page: Courses and tutorials
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8763|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8763|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 7657|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8775|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8713 / 8715 / 7457|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8774 / 9340|
|BEC Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Maria Adriana Stamafirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8764|
Last update: 20/01/2022