Economics and Management Library (BEC)
100% libraries' capacity from 21 October
From 21 October the capacity of libraries in the reading rooms will be 100%.
On 21 October BEC will open at 10 am to allow staff to prepare the reading rooms.
The Economics and Management Library/BEC) is a specialist library in the areas of Economics and Business Management, Economics, Law, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and Tourist Service Management.
Its assets include around 250,000 volumes, 300 contemporary journals and 3000 older periodicals, in addition to the electronic economics resources, and are enhanced by special archives including the Gino Luzzatto Archive.
San Giobbe, Cannaregio 873, 30121 Venice (Italy) - map
BEC provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. Users must have adequate protection and present their university badge for identification purposes. No replacement badges will be provided.
- University members (research users and students) must book through - and soon also with MyUnive app - using the university login credentials.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a daily badge to enter the library and access the services: Make a reservation through - and soon also with MyUnive app - and select the entry Richiedo badge sostitutivo. The badge will be available at the Reception and Information Service and must be returned to staff before leaving the library.
Also specific categories of non-university members can access libraries and services according to the procedures described on the Access general rules page.
The service will be provided during the opening hours only by reservation.
Users must book through - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BEC - Ritiro di volumi in prestito. Bibliographic data must be entered in the reservation. You can verify title, author and location of the books and check their availability in cerCa’ bibliographic resources portal.
The books will be available at the loans desk.
There is no need to book the loan service if you have already booked for consultation: during your slot you can also request the loane at the loans desk.
Access to reading rooms and services
To access the reading rooms and the services during the opening hours, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and authorized non-university members must book through - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BEC - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor).
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows) have 6 reservations bookable through - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per docenti/ricercatori and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat
- PhD students, master's degree students have 6 reservations bookable (for up to 3 weeks per month), by booking through - and soon also with MyUnive app - and selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per laureandi/dottorandi and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat.
A maximum of 104 people can enter the rooms simultaneously.
During your stay in the library you can borrow books and access the photocopying service.
It is possible to request the material placed in the warehouse by filling out this form and delivering it to the reception and information service on the ground floor or sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The material is collected from Monday to Friday every 2 hours from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm, on Saturday from 9.30 am to 11.30 am.
During your stay in the library, you can use copy machines.
Books can be returned in the spaces provided at the library entrance during the opening hours. Online booking is not required.
If you have received an automatic return message, but you cannot go to the library, you can request an extension of the loan by writing to email@example.com.
Returned books are subject to a 3-day quarantine.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
University members will be notified of the arrival of documents and how to collect them.
Bloomberg Finance Lab
The Bloomberg Lab is open to a maximum of 6 people, on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, on Tuesday and Friday from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm, by reservation only through
The use of the laboratory is illustrated in the following document: Bloomberg Finance Lab [pdf].
Active online services
The following services are provided online:
- bibliographic reference service and assistance with electronic resources by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to email@example.com
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the special online form [ITA]
- Electronic resources in brief: short videos presenting the databases AIDA [ITA], Business Source Ultimate, [ITA], Econlit, ESSPER [ITA], PLURIS [ITA]
All the library electronic resources - ebooks, articles, electronic journals, theses and much more - can be consulted from home following the instructions at Remote access to electronic resources.
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8763|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8763|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 7657|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8775|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8713 / 8715 / 7457|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8774 / 9340|
|BEC Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Maria Adriana Stamafirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8764|
Last update: 15/10/2021