Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM)
The Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM) is a specialist library in the areas of archaeology, the arts (art and performing arts), philosophy, Italian literature and romance philology, pedagogy, sociology, history, classical and near eastern studies.
Its assets, mainly located on open shelves, consist of more than 380,000 volumes and 1,200 contemporary journals, and is enhanced by important book collections, including 1,442 rare and valuable books, with 43 books dating back to the sixteenth century.
Palazzo Malcanton Marcorà, Dorsoduro 3484/D, 30123 Venice (Italy) - map
from Monday to Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 1 pm
BAUM provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. Users must have adequate protection and present their university badge for identification purposes. No replacement badges will be provided.
- University members (research users and students) must book via the Affluences website or the Affluences app using the institutional email. The reservation must be confirmed by clicking the link that will arrive via email.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a temporary badge to enter the library and access the services via the Affluences website or the Affluences app. When you book the service, write in the comments box “waiting for CartaConto”. The request must be made - from Monday to Friday - within the day before the access. The library will not provide badges required at the last moment.
Non-university members with a valid library card can send an email to email@example.com by 12 pm the day before.
The service will be provided from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm only by reservation.
Users must book via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Appuntamento (appointment). Bibliographic data must be entered in the reservation. You can verify title, author and location of the books and check their availability in cerCa’ bibliographic resources portal.
The books will be available at the loans desk.
There is no need to book the loan service if you have already booked for consultation: during your slot you can also request the loan.
Volumes kept in repositories, which are currently closed, are excluded from the loan service.
Seat reservation service for consultation and study
The open-shelf consultation service is available for all university members subject to reservation. The service will be provided from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm and on Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm, according to the following instructions:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: only the research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows, PhD students, master's degree students) can access the service in a 2-hour slots up to the whole day, by booking via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Posti a sedere - RICERCA (Seating - RESEARCH) and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat.
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: all university members (research users and students) can access the service in a 2-hour slots up to a maximum of 4 hours a day, by booking via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and then selecting the icon Posti a sedere (Seating) and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat.
A maximum of 72 people can enter the rooms simultaneously; short access to the underground floors is allowed.
During your stay in the library you can borrow books and access the photocopying service. Books will be collected from internal deposits at regular times, from Monday to Friday.
During your stay in the library, you can use the copy machines.
Books can be returned in the areas provided at the library entrance, during the opening hours (from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm); online booking is not required.
If you have received an automatic return message, but you cannot go to the library, you can request an extension of the loan by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returned books are subject to a 3-day quarantine.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
To collect articles or books university members have to make a reservation via the Affluences website or the Affluences app by clicking on Prenota (book) and selecting the ILL-DD icon.
Active online services
The following services are provided online:
- help desk: from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 1 pm, the staff will respond in real time to user requests sent to email@example.com, including through the hangout service
- bibliographic reference service and assistance with electronic resources by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to email@example.com
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the special online form [ITA]
- scheduled workshops and courses will be delivered remotely. For more information, see: www.unive.it/pag/1476 [ITA]
- Electronic resources in brief: short videos presenting the databases BIGLI - Bibliografia Generale della Lingua e della Letteratura Italiana [ITA], IMB-International Medieval Bibliography, JSTOR [ITA], Philosopher's Index, MLA International Bibliography [ITA]
All the library electronic resources - ebooks, articles, electronic journals, theses and much more - can be consulted from home following the instructions at Remote access to electronic resources.
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5613|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 5613|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5605 / 5607|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5606 / 5608|
|Director Daniela Grandinemail@example.com||+39 041 234 5678|
Last update: 21/09/2020