Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM)
100% libraries' capacity from 21 October
From 21 October the capacity of libraries in the reading rooms will be 100%.
On 21 October BAUM will open at 10 am to allow staff to prepare the reading rooms.
The Arts and Humanities Library (BAUM) is a specialist library in the areas of archaeology, the arts (art and performing arts), philosophy, Italian literature and romance philology, pedagogy, sociology, history, classical and near eastern studies.
Its assets, mainly located on open shelves, consist of more than 380,000 volumes and 1,200 contemporary journals, and is enhanced by important book collections, including 1,442 rare and valuable books, with 43 books dating back to the sixteenth century.
Palazzo Malcanton Marcorà, Dorsoduro 3484/D, 30123 Venice (Italy) - map
BAUM provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. Users must have adequate protection and present their university badge for identification purposes. No replacement badges will be provided.
- University members (research users and students) must book through EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - using the university login credentials.
- Freshmen waiting for CartaConto (University badge) can request a daily badge to enter the library and access the services. Make a reservation through EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - and select the entry Richiedo badge sostitutivo. You have to make the reservation at least one day in advance, from Monday to Friday. The library will not provide badges required at the last moment.
Also specific categories of non-university members can access libraries and services according to the procedures described on the Access general rules page.
To collect the books without stopping in the library you must make a reservation within the day before. Bibliographic data must be entered in the reservation. You can verify title, author and location of the books and check their availability in cerCa’ bibliographic resources portal.
To make a reservation use EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - and select the entry BAUM - Ritiro di volumi in prestito.
The books will be available at the loans desk.
There is no need to book the loan service if you have already booked for consultation: during your slot you can also request the loan.
Books kept in external repositories, which are currently closed, are excluded from the loan service.
Access to reading rooms and services
To access the reading rooms and the services during the opening hours you must make a reservation, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and authorized non-university members must book through EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor)
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows, PhD students, master's degree students) have 25 reservations bookable in a 2-hour slots up to the whole day, by booking through EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi (solo utenza di ricerca) and the floor on which you want to reserve a seat (it is not allowed to move chairs in the rooms or sit on a different floor).
A maximum of 122 people can enter the rooms simultaneously; short access to the underground floors is allowed.
During your stay in the library you can borrow books and access the photocopying service.
You can request books kept in the repository from Monday to Friday:
- throught EasyPlanning until the day before, adding the bibliographic data and the shelfmarks of the requested book in the comments on the reservation form;
- at the library's loans desk the same day. The distribution of the books takes place:
- from Monday to Thursday at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm and 4 pm
- Friday at at 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm
You have to submit your consultation's requests within 15 minutes before the distribution time.
Books kept in external repositories (e.g. call number VT_BAUM...), which are currently closed, are excluded from the consultation service
During your stay in the library, you can use the copy machines.
Books can be returned in the areas provided at the library entrance, during the opening hours (from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm); online booking is not required.
If you have received an automatic return message, but you cannot go to the library, you can request an extension of the loan by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returned books are subject to a 3-day quarantine.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
To collect articles or books university members have to make a reservation through EasyPlanning - and soon also with MyUnive app - selecting the entry BALI Ca' Bernardo - Ritiro ILL/DD.
Active online services
The following services are provided online:
- help desk: from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 1 pm, the staff will respond in real time to user requests sent to email@example.com, including through the hangout service
- bibliographic reference service and assistance with electronic resources by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to email@example.com
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the special online form [ITA]
- scheduled workshops and courses will be delivered remotely. For more information, see: Courses and tutorials
- Electronic resources in brief: short videos presenting the databases BIGLI - Bibliografia Generale della Lingua e della Letteratura Italiana [ITA], IMB-International Medieval Bibliography, JSTOR [ITA], Philosopher's Index, MLA International Bibliography [ITA]
All the library electronic resources - ebooks, articles, electronic journals, theses and much more - can be consulted from home following the instructions at Remote access to electronic resources.
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5613|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 5613|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5605 / 5607|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5606 / 5608|
|BAUM Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Daniela Grandinfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 5678|
Last update: 15/10/2021