The University Library System (SBA) offers information resources and services for teaching and research, ensuring the conservation, the access, the development and the enhancement of the libraries holdings. It also offers support for databases, catalogs, platforms, etc. and promotes the dissemination of research and scientific information networking with other libraries.
SBA in numbers
Turnout of past months
|Libraries Turnout - January 2022||151 K|
|Libraries Turnout - February 2022||164 K|
|Libraries Turnout - March 2022||167 K|
Journals: total 43.107
Books: total 961.206
(Data courtesy of the University Library System, updated 2020).
Who we are
University Library System is organized in libraries (BALI, BAS, BAUM, BEC and Digital Library), sectors (Settore Fondo Storico, Settore Gestione CFZ) and Administrative Service of the University Libraries.
The library system management is coordinated by the Manager, in accordance with the guidelines expressed by the Library System Board.
Library System Direction
The Manager and the Administrative Secretary are responsible for the management of the Library System, with functions of coordination and control of the activities of the Library System structures and the staff. The System's Coordinator assists them in these functions.
- Dario Pellizzon - Manager
- Simonetta Polo - Head of the Administrative Service of the University Libraries (SaSBA)
- Daniela Grandin - Coordinator
Library System Board
The Board is the government body and guides the activities of all the structures of the Library System. It is composed of the President of the Board and the Presidents of the 4 libraries:
- Marina Buzzoni - President of the Board
- Giulia Baccini - President of BALI
- - President of BAS
- Fabrizio Turoldo - President of BAUM
- Paolo Pellizzari - President of BEC
The purpose of the Library Boards is to plan and direct the institutional activities of the libraries, according to the strategic guidelines established by the Library System Board.
Board of BALI
- Giulia Baccini - President
- Laura Brugè - Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Sara Culeddu - Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Daniela Meneghini - Department of Asian and North African Studies (Vice chairman)
- Michela De Michieli - Technical Administrative Staff
- Giuliano Rotaro - Student representative
Board of BAS
- Fabiano Visentin - President
- Enrico Trave - Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems
- Stefano Paganelli - Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems
- Stefano Malavasi - Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
- Eleonora Balliana - Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
- Lara Spina - Technical Administrative Staff
- Francesca Argenteri - Student representative
Board of BAUM
- - President
- Valentina Sapienza - Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage
- Roberta Dreon - Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage
- Elisa Curti - Department of Humanities
- Tomaso Maria Lucchelli - Department of Humanities
- Maria Mazzucato - Technical Administrative Staff
- Damiano Miotto - Student representative
Board of BEC
Work with us
The University Library System considers student collaborators to be a valuable resource for the improvement of service quality. Discover all the opportunities to work in the libraries.
Enrolled students have the opportunity to carry out paid collaboration supporting libraries in some services such as opening and closing of libraries and study rooms. For more information, see the page student collaborations.
If you are between 18 and 28 years old, you could do your Civil Service which represents an important opportunity for personal growth and for education for active citizenship. Every year Ca' Foscari promotes projects specific for the libraries. To find out about the calls and other information, consult the page of the Civil Service [ITA].
An internship is a period of on-the-job training that allows students to acquire professional skills and know-how transferable to the world of work, and to gain experience of the real work environment in the libraries.
For more information, see the page Internships in Italy.
Check the internships on offer.
If you are a student interested in experiencing the work in the library, apply for an internship at BALI libraries. No specific skills are required in the library field, but if you have language skills you can be involved in specific projects. For more information, see the page Internships in Italy or write an email to:
If you are interested in having an experience of working on specific projects about library services, apply for an internship at BAS. You can also could experience innovative tools, such as the 3D printer. For more information, see the page Internships in Italy or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student of humanities interested in experiencing the work in the library, apply for an internship at BAUM. No specific skills are required in the library field, but only the predisposition to interpersonal relationships and a basic knowledge of the office package. A minimum number of 4 credits (CFU) is required.
The timetable is rather flexible: we can arrange the working time from a minimum of 20 hours per week (3 days a week) to a maximum of 35 (5 days a week). For more information, see the page Internships in Italy or write an email to Maria Mazzucato.
If you are a student interested in experiencing the work in the library, apply for an internship at BEC. You could participate in the implementation of projects aimed at improving the usability of the bibliographic holdings and the offer of library services. A basic knowledge of IT tools is required.
For more information, see the page Internships in Italy or write an email to Ines Andreetta.
Last update: 17/05/2022