|Telefono||041 234 8415|
www.unive.it/persone/fabiana.zollo (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Informatica e Statistica
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/dais
Sede: Campus scientifico via Torino
Stanza: studio Z.B03 (edificio Zeta B)
|Research Institute||Research Institute for Complexity|
Fabiana Zollo is an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics and Research Fellow in the Center for the Humanities & Social Change at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice. Her research investigates information and misinformation spreading, social dynamics, and the emergence of collective narratives on online social media. She collected several papers on this topic, with both national and International co-authors. She is Principal Investigator for Ca' Foscari of EU H2020 project QUEST on quality and effectiveness of science communication, and of EU REC project IMSyPP on innovative systems for monitoring and preventing online hate speech. Since 2019, she is serving as an External Expert to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Since April 2020, she is a member of the Task Force “Data Science” established by AGCOM, the Italian Communications Regulatory Authority. She is also a member of the Working Group established by the Italian Presidency of Council to study the phenomenon of disinformation on COVID-19.
Bibliometrics: Google Scholar, Scopus
- Principal Investigator for Ca' Foscari of H2020 EU project QUEST "Quality and Effectiveness in Science and Technology Communication", Grant Agreement ID: 824634, 2019-2021
- Principal Investigator for Ca' Foscari of EU REC project IMSyPP "Innovative Monitoring Systems and Prevention Policies of Online Hate Speech", Grant Agreement ID: 875263, 2020-2022
- Affiliate in the program “Facebook Data for Good”, 03/2020 – Ongoing
- Investigator in the project "Overcoming Polarisation and Misinformation around Migration in Italy" in collaboration with London School of Economics (LSE) and Corriere della Sera, 2017-2019. The final report is available here.
- Member of the Faculty Board, Ca' Foscari International College, 10/2019 – Ongoing
- Member of the Doctoral Committee (Informatics), Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics, 10/2019 – Ongoing
- Member of the Working Group established by the Italian Presidency of Council to study misinformation on COVID-19, 04/2020 - Ongoing
- Member of the task force of data science established by AGCOM to investigate the phenomenon of misinformation on COVID-19, 04/2020 - Ongoing
- External expert at European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in Working Group “COM - Social Research Methods and Advice”, 05/2019 – Ongoing
- External consultant to the project PICS “Picturing the Communication of Science” coordinated by FRAME – Divagazioni scientifiche with the support of Compagnia di San Paolo, 2019 – Ongoing
EDITORIAL DUTIES AND SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES
- Academic Editor
- PLoS ONE, 2019 – Ongoing
- Humanities and Social Change Communications (formerly Palgrave Communications) 2020 – Ongoing
- International Expert, Spanish National Research Agency (AEI), 02/2020 – Ongoing
- Member of the PCST (Public Communication of Science and Technology) Network, 05/2020 - Ongoing
- Program Committee Member
- COMPLEX NETWORKS 2020
- NETSCI 2020, Satellite “ROME 2 (Reducing Online Misinformation Exposure II
- DisInfo’20 ((Information Disorder: Disinformation and Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior)
- ICCSA 2018
- CRITIS 2017, Poster Co-Chair
- Referee/Reviewer: PLoS ONE, Nature Scientific Reports, Social Networks, Computers in Human Behavior, Neurocomputing, Complexity, Social Media + Society, Online Social Networks and Media
- Zollo, F. (2019). Dealing with digital misinformation: A polarised context of narratives and tribes. EFSA Journal, 17, e170720.
- Smith, A., Parrino, L., Vrbos, D., Nicolini, G., Bucchi, M., Carr, M., Chen, J., Dendler, L., Krishnaswamy, K., Lecchini, D., Löfstedt, R., Patel, M., Reisch, L., Verloo, D., Vos, E., Zollo, F., & Gallani, B. (2019). Communicating to and engaging with the public in regulatory science. EFSA Journal, 17, e170717.
- Zollo, F. (2019). Polarization of the online public debate. ISPI. Available at www.ispionline.it.
- Zollo, F., & Quattrociocchi, W. (2019). Anatomia del dibattito pubblico sui social. In GNOSIS Rivista italiana di intelligence, Vol. 1/2019. Agenzia informazioni e sicurezza interna.
- Zollo, F., & Quattrociocchi, W. (2018). Social dynamics in the age of credulity: The misinformation risk and its fallout. Digital Dominance. The Power of Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Apple, Martin Moore and Damian Tambini (Eds.). Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Zollo, F., & Quattrociocchi, W. (2018). Misinformation spreading on Facebook. In Complex Spreading Phenomena in Social Systems (pp. 177-196). Springer, Cham.
KEYNOTE AND INVITED TALKS (SELECTION)
- TBD, Conference for Truth and Trust Online (TTO) (Webinar)
- 17/09/2020 Satellite: "Reducing Online Misinformation Exposure" (ROME), NetSci Conference (Webinar)
- 29/01/2020 Winter Workshop on Complex Systems, Charmey, Switzerland
- 28/01/2020 Workshop on Wonder Women in Computer Science, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Padua, Italy
- 11/12/2019 Workshop on Post-Truth, Dept. of Philosophy and Communication Studies, University of Bologna, Italy
- 11/09/2019 Machine Learning and Security PhD School, University of Padua, Italy
- 24/01/2019 NetSlo Conference, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 24/09/2018 EFSA Conference, Parma, Italy
- 27/07/2017 LogicLounge at International Conference on Computer-Aided-Verification (CAV), 2017, Heidelberg, Germany
- 01/09/2020 European Conference of Science Journalism (Webinar)
- 22/08/2020 Scienze in Vetta, Courmayeur Mont Blanc, Italy
- 15/05/2020 IMT Alumni Talks: COVID-19 as an agent of change (Webinar)
- 30/04/2020 Science Gallery Venice (Webinar)
- 09-10/12/2019 European Trade Union Confederation Training on the Topic of Fake News, Ghent, Belgium
- 28/10/2019 Conference on Ethics and Digitalization, San Servolo, Venice, Italy
- 22/10/2019 EFSA Communication Experts Network (CEN) Meeting, Berlin, Germany
- 15/10/2019 WFSJ European Immunization Training Workshop, Geneva, Switzerland
- 12/10/2019 Pandora Rivista Festival, Bologna, Italy
- 28/09/2019 Trieste NEXT, Trieste, Italy
- 27/06/2019 Academic Roundtable at Binario f from Facebook, Roma, Italy
- 14/05/2019 OBC Transeuropa Policy Workshop, Roma, Italy
- 13/03/2019 Corso UNAMSI “Fake news e alimentazione”, Milano, Italy
- 18/04/2018 Indiscienza, Collegio Ghislieri, Pavia, Italy
- 14/02/2018 UIC Workshop on Crisis Communication and Social Media, Paris, France
- 29/11/2017 Biblioteca Cantonale di Locarno, Locarno, Switzerland
- 19/11/2017 TEDx Bari, Bari, Italy
- 26/05/2017 Ordine dei Giornalisti – Consiglio Regionale dell’Umbria, Perugia, Italy
- 22/05/2017 Ordine dei Giornalisti del Veneto, Venezia, Italy
- 17/03/2017 Brain Awareness Week @SISSA, Trieste, Italy
- 29/11/2016 Wissenswerte, Bremen, Germany
- 08/10/2016 Festival delle Comunità del Cambiamento, Milano, Italy
- 07/04/2016 International Journalism Festival, Perugia, Italy
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.