|Telefono||041 234 8952|
|SSD||OCEANOGRAFIA E FISICA DELL'ATMOSFERA [GEO/12]|
www.unive.it/persone/davidoff (scheda personale)
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Informatica e Statistica
Sito web struttura: https://www.unive.it/dais
Sede: Campus scientifico via Torino
Stanza: ex sala riunioni A (edificio Zeta A, 1° piano)
|Research Institute||Research Institute for Complexity|
- 2005 - PhD degree awarded by the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences on 30/11/2005, XVIII Cycle, with thesis entitled: “Analisi delle evoluzioni climatiche nell’Italia Settentrionale indotte da cambiamenti globali: dinamiche e tendenze future” (supervisor: Prof. Pietro Traverso). PhD supported by ministerial scholarship assigned by public competition.
- 2001 - Degree (“Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento”) in Environmental Sciences awarded by the University Ca’Foscari of Venice on 20/02/2001 (mark: 110/110), with thesis entitled: “Modellazione dei processi di remineralizzazione della sostanza organica in sedimenti marini e loro influenza sulla speciazione dei metalli pesanti” (supervisor: Prof. Roberto Pastres).
- 1995 - Diploma awarded by the scientific high-school Marcantonio Flaminio of Vittorio Veneto (mark: 52/60)
- Since 2018 Tenure-track assistant professor (RTD-B) at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics (from 03/04/2018)
- 2014-2018 Post-Doc (“Assegnista”) at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics, within the European Project PREFACE (603521, WP10).
- 2010-2014 Post-Doc at the “Max Planck Institute for Meteorology” of Hamburg (Germany) within the project ENIGMA (“Earth System Network of Integrated Modeling and Assessment”) of the Max Planck Society (Max-Planck-Gesellschaft) for the period 01/02/2010-30/10/2011 and, then, for the period 01/11/2011-31/08/2014, within the project MultiClip, a contribution to the research program “MiKlip” (FKZ:01LP1158A) of the Federal Ministry for Education and Research in Germany (BMBF).
- 2008–2010 “Assegnista” (holder of an annual scholarship, extended) at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Evironmental Sciences.
- 2007–2008 Scientific collaborator (post-doc level) at the Consorzio Venezia Ricerche (CVR) within the project “EuroMediterranean Center for Climate Change (CMCC)” Line 5.1 Task 1.3.
- 2006-2007 “Assegnista” (holder of an annual scholarship) at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Evironmental Sciences.
- 2008-2009 Coordinator of the technical board for the assessment of air quality in the city of Venice, managed by the “Consorzio Venezia Ricerche”.
- 2007-2010 Technical and scientific collaborator within the water quality monitoring program in the Po Delta lagoons, managed by the “Consorzio di Bonifica Delta Po-Adige”.
- 2003-2006 Technical and scientific collaborator of the “Study of Engineering Iconia” within the monitoring program “Salt Intrusion in the Po Delta in the year 2003”.
- 2018 Member of the scientific committee and commission’s secretary at University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, DAIS (280/2018 Prot. DAIS 20292-VII/16.26 of 09/04/18).
- 2018 Mentor at the mentoring programme of EGU.
- 2017 Habilitated in the section (“settore concorsuale”) “02/C1 (ASTRONOMY, ASTROPHYSICS, PHYSICS OF THE EARTH AND PLANETARY PHYSICS) – II Fascia” (Associate Professor), National Scientific Habilitation, Call 2016 (DD n.1532/2016).
- 2017 External examiner for a PhD dissertation for the University of Cambridge (UK), Dept. of Geography
- 2016 Member of the evaluation committe for a PhD dissertation for the University of Hamburg, Germany (Prüfungskommission).
- 2016 Judge at the Outstanding Student Poster (OSP) Award Contest of the “American Geophysical Union” General Assembly 2016.
- Since 2015 Reference scientist at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice for the international scientific activity “VolMIP – Model Intercomparison Project on the climate response to Volcanic forcing, volmip.org), a contribution to the “Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, phase 6 – CMIP6” of the “World Climate Research Program” (wcrp-climate.org).
- Since 2015 Reviewer of international scientific proposals, including: Applications for the Minerva Fellowship and NSF proposal
- 2015-2016 Judge at the Outstanding Student Poster (OSP) Award Contest of the “European Geosciences Union” General Assemblies of 2015, 2016, 2018.
- 2013-2016 Advisory Panel Member at the PhD school “International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modeling”.
- 2013 Habilitated in the section (“settore concorsuale”) “04/A4 (Geophysics) – II Fascia” (Associate Professor), National Scientific Habilitation, Call 2013 (DD n.161/2013).
- Since 2010 “Cultore della Materia” (expert) in the scientific discipline GEO/12 at the University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics.
- Since 2007 Reviewer for several peer-reviewed international scientific journals, including among others: Nature, Nature Geoscience, Scientific Reports, Journal of Hydrology, Quaternary International, Int. J. Climatol., Climatic Change, Geophysical Research Letter, Journal of Geophysical Research, Climate Dynamics, Journal of Hydrometeorology, Journal of Climate. Internal reviewer at the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology.
- 2017 Applicant at the funding scheme “ERC Consolidator Grant”, call ERC-2017-COG with the proposal “RECORDS LP”. Final panel score at “Step 1”: B.
- 2016 Candidate at the “Premio alla Ricerca 2017” (Research Award) of the University Ca’Foscari of Venice.
- 2014 Holder of an award for scientific accomplisments assigned by the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology of Hamburg (Germany).
- 2011 The book “Riscaldamento Globale: La Fine” by Angelo Rubino and Davide Zanchettin, published by Gruppo Perdisa Editore 2010 is awarded the third prize at the “XIII edizione del Premio Nazionale di letteratura naturalistica del Parco della Majella” for scientific divulgation and the second prize at the “X edizione del premio del Liceo "Enrico Fermi" di Cecina per la divulgazione scientifica” (for scientific divulgation).
- 2009 Holder of a three-month visit grant assigned by the Max Planck Society (“Grant Awarded to Foreign Postocs”).
- 2003-2005 Holder of a ministerial scholarship in support of the doctoral studies, assigned by public competition.
- 2018 Convener and chair of session IE2.3/AS3.10/CL4.22/GMPV6.4/NH2.2 (“Characterizing, understanding and predicting the radiative effects and the climatic impacts of major volcanic eruptions (co-organized)”) at the General Assembly 2018 of the “European Geosciences Union”. See: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/28135
- 2017 Convener at the PAGES Open Science Meeting 2017, Session 8 (“Volcanic eruptions: the thread connecting climate records, societal change and future climate projections?”).
- 2015-2017 Co-organizer and member of the scientific steering committee of the international conference series “THEMES”, including: “THEMES - Teleconnections and HEmispheric-scale impacts on the MEditerranean Sea” held on 25-26 November 2015 in Venice, Italy; “Measuring, Modelling and Predicting Marine Environments: State of the Art and Challenges (THEMES 2016)” held in Venice (Italy) on 23–25 Novembee 2016; “Physics and biogeochemistry of marine environments: multiscale analysis of past and present variability (THEMES 2017)” held in Venice (Italy) on 15-17 November 2017. See: www.dais.unive.it/themes, www.dais.unive.it/~themes/themes_2016/ e www.dais.unive.it/~themes/themes_2017/.
- 2015 Co-convener of session CL1.15 (“Studying the climate of the last two millennia”) of the General Assembly 2015 of the “European Geosciences Union”. See: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2015/session/17036
- 2017 Promoter and coordinator of the multi-journal special issue “The Model Intercomparison Project on the climatic response to Volcanic forcing (VolMIP)” to be published in the Copernicus/EGU peer-reviewed international journals: ACP, GMD, CP, ESD. See: http://www.earth-syst-dynam.net/special_issue907.html.
- 2017 Invited speaker at the public event “Giornata di studio in ricordo di Alberto Tomasin” (“A day of study in memory of Alberto Tomasin”). See: https://static.unive.it/server/eventi/10013/Locandina%20Tomasin.pdf
- Since 2017 Co-leader (with John Fyfe) of section “climate impacts of a large volcanic eruption” of the international research initiative “SSiRC-VolRes (Volcano Response after the next major eruption)”.
- Since 2017 Participant to the international research initiative “PALEOLINK” del progetto PAGES 2k - Phase 3
- Since 2016 Partecipant to the international research initiative “VICS – Volcanic Impacts on Climate and Society” of “PAGES – Past Global Changes”
- 2016 Participant to the second national Earth Observations Assessment (EOA 2016) of the White House, Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the U.S. Group on Earth Observations Subcommittee of the “Committee on Environment, Natural Resources, and Sustainability”. Invitation as expert in the climatic research field: “Volcano excitement of mode variability”.
- Since 2015 Member of the international scientific panel “CLIVAR – Research focus on decadal climate variability and predictability”. See: http://www.clivar.org/research-foci/dcvp
- Since 2015 Promoter and chair of the international research intiative “VolMIP – Model Intercomparison Project on the climate response to Volcanic forcing”, which contributes to the “Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, phase 6 – CMIP6” of the “World Climate Research Program”. See: www.volmip.org and https://www.wcrp-climate.org/modelling-wgcm-mip-catalogue/modelling-wgcm-cmip6-endorsed-mips/index.php?t&view=article&id=1047
- 2011 Member of the scientific staff of the oceanographic monitoring campaign P414 conducted in the eastern Mediterranean Sea (RV Poseidon)
- Since 2017 External PhD supervisor at the University Parthenope of Naples.
- 2017-2018 Thesis co-supervisor for master students at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics. Students: Eleonora Cusinato, Francesco De Rovere.
- 2013-2016 PhD co-supervisor at the doctoral school “International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modeling” of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology and the University of Hamburg (PhD student: Eduardo Moreno-Chamarro).
- 2015 University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics, course "Specializzazione Ambientale in Carbon Management". Lecture: “A brief introduction to meteorological and climate dynamics (2 h)”
- 2009 University Ca’Foscari of Venice, Undergraduate Course in Environmental Sciences, Academic Year 2008/2009: 4h seminar in the lecture “climatology” of Prof. Angelo Rubino
- 1998-2000 Student-advisor at the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, undergraduate course in Environmental Sciences.
- 2018 University of Bergen, Geophysical Institute (invited visit)
- 2017 Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Germany (invited visit)
- 2017 University of Bergen, Geophysical Institute (invited visit)
- 2016 University of Turin, Dept. of Physics (invited visit)
- 2016 Geophysical Fluid-dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), Princeton, USA (informal seminar)
- 2016 1st PAGES-VICS workshop at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (USA). Invited participation with invited seminar
- 2016 PAGE2k-PMIP3 workshop
- 2016 University of Bergen, Geophysical Institute (invited visit)
- 2016 University Parthenope of Naples (Invited seminar)
- 2015 University of Cambridge, Dept. of Geography (invited seminar)
- 2014-2016 Max Planck Institute for Meteorology of Hamburg, Germany (invited visits)
- 2015 1st Ocean2k Workshop, invited participation
- 2015 “CLIVAR-ICTP Workshop on Past and Future Climate Shifts: Decadal Climate Variability and Predictability" at ICTP, Miramare – Trieste (Invited speaker)
- 2014 “Third PMIP3 workshop”, Namur (Belgium)
- 2013 PAGES2k/PMIP ''Workshop on integrated analyses of reconstructions and multi-model simulations for the past two millennia'', Madrid (Spain)
- 2013 Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, Finland (invited seminar)
- 2012 ENEA-UTMEA, Rome (Invited seminar)
- 2011 “Reconstruction and simulation of the last 2ka Climate Variation”, Nanjing, China (invited talk)
- 2011 IfM-GEOMAR Leibniz-Institut für Meereswissenschaften of Kiel (Germany) (Invited seminar)
- 2009 Max Planck Institute for Meteorology of Hamburg (Germany), visiting researcher.
- 2008 Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg (invited seminar)
- 2005 University of Newcastle, School of Engineering (NSW, Australia) (visiting PhD student)
Le informazioni riportate sono state caricate sul sito dell'Università Ca' Foscari Venezia direttamente dall'utente a cui si riferisce la pagina. La correttezza e veridicità delle informazioni pubblicate sono di esclusiva responsabilità del singolo utente.