Erasmus+ study programme
The Erasmus+ study programme gives students from European countries the opportunity to come to Ca’ Foscari to study and carry out research. Their stay in Venice will enhance their university education, increase their knowledge of other cultures and languages, and provide them with an important life experience.
Contacts and reservations
Sending university procedures
To come to Ca’ Foscari as an Erasmus+ incoming student, you should first contact the International Office of your home institution in order to:
- make sure there is a valid inter-institutional agreement between your home university and Ca’ Foscari (I VENEZIA01), in your specific study field;
- find out all details about selection procedure and financial support;
- make sure that official nomination from your home institution is forwarded to Ca' Foscari International Relations Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline.
Nomination deadlines by partner institutions:
- April 1st - Erasmus+ Incoming mobility for the first semester or full academic year (September arrivals);
- October 1st - Erasmus+ Incoming mobility for the second semester (January arrivals).
Procedures for Erasmus+ incoming students
After being officially nominated, Erasmus+ Incoming students receive Ca' Foscari Welcome Message, with a unique code (token) for the online registration.
Students have to prepare the following documents:
- one passport-size photo (good quality, JPG format, 4MB max.);
- transcript of records (certificate prepared by the home university);
- learning Agreement;
- English or Italian certificate (B2 level) - check the "Recognized certification" tab;
- copy of a valid ID or passport.
Forms must be uploaded in the website for the online registration. Original documents will be handed at the first meeting in Venice.
Deadlines for student registration:
- April 30th - Erasmus+ Incoming mobility for the first semester or full academic year (September arrivals);
- October 30th - Erasmus+ Incoming mobility for the second semester (January arrivals).
Before leaving your country
Do not forget to:
- have an identification document valid for foreign travel;
- only for non-EU students: ask the Welcome Unit of Ca’ Foscari University ( email@example.com) for an official university acceptance letter for the VISA;
- have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC card) issued by your National Health Authorities (for EU students) or another health insurance (for non-EU students);
- book your enrolment appointment with the Welcome Unit.
During your Erasmus+ Stay
Appointments with the International Relations Office
- In order to arrange an appointment with the International Relations Office click here and choose "Welcome Unit". Each appointment is individual.
Courses and programmes
- Erasmus+ Incoming students can attend all the courses offered; as detailed in the Guideline for course catalogue. Ca' Foscari offers various courses taught entirely in English or with English resources (bibliography, exam in English). Course details (professor, times, programme) can be found in the relevant course webpage. In case of mobility for research activities, the student won’t receive any credit at the end of the mobility period.
Changes to the Learning Agreement
- In case you want to change the Learning Agreement you have to arrange a meeting with the Departmental Coordinator of Ca’ Foscari to get it approved and signed. After that, take an appointment with the Welcome Unit: the IWD Staff will update your courses in your online career and they will send the approved document to your home University.
Extension of the Erasmus+ stay
- If you wish to request an extension of your Erasmus+ study period at Ca’ Foscari University, you need to provide the Welcome Unit ( firstname.lastname@example.org )with the authorization from your home university (an e-mail will be enough).
Before leaving Venice
In order to officially close your Erasmus+ period in Venice, you have to take an appointment with the Welcome Unit.
The Welcome Unit staff will give you your final official certificate.
Transcript of Records
As soon as your exam results have been registered at the end of your study period in Venice, you will receive your Transcript of Records from the Welcome Unit, which will include a conversion of your grades according to the ECTS scale.
The ECTS grades are generated automatically upon the creation of your transcript by taking into account the results obtained by all of the students who have taken the same exam at Ca' Foscari in the last three years.
Here is an example of how the calculation works: Mario Lopez received a grade of 19/30 on the "English Language" exam associated with the code LT005P.
The percentage of Ca' Foscari students who obtained the same grade on the same exam in the last three years is 2%, which on the ECTS scale is interpreted as an E.
The formula used in this conversion process can be found in the ECTS guide published by the European Commission.
Incoming students with disability
Incoming students with disabilities / LD can count on the support of the Welcome Unit.
Partner universities must report the students’ disability once they are nominated by submitting a declaration in English, containing the details about the services offered at the home university to support the students.
During the online registration on Ca’ Foscari website the incoming students will have to attach the following documents:
- Certificate stating the disability / LD;
- Declaration provided by the home university.
The Welcome Unit will report the situation to Ca’ Foscari Disabled Students Service, which can provide the following services:
- Assistance during the exam, Tutor support (if requested);
- Additional study time or mediation with professors in agreeing on the most suitable exam modality;
- Initial support in familiarizing with the university buildings where the students’ lessons are held, the libraries and the administration offices;
- Reservation of seats in the classrooms and potential help in obtaining the study materials and lectures notes.