The College cultural programme supplements Ca’ Foscari’s degree programmes, increasing the students’ knowledge and providing them with additional innovated competencies.
All of College courses are taught in English through innovative teaching methods and aim at improving different students’ skills.
During their three or two-year study courses (either BA or Master) College students must spend a period of study or internship abroad, attend compulsory courses and choose among a series of labs, lectures and seminars so as to improve their interdisciplinary skills in order to get more suitable chances for their future studies or work.
Students can choose to take one of Ca’ Foscari’s degree programmes while participating at the same time in an additional programme made of Minor pluriannual courses and of a wide range of interdisciplinary cultural activities, lectures and workshops they can pick from.
The International College Minor programmes have been designed as three-year programmes that challenge the students cultural background, fostering their ability to elaborate individual and original solutions when facing different topics.
The Minor programmes have been conceived by a pool of teachers and experts who focussed on three outstanding global issues that any high achieving student can be faced with during his working life or in their higher level of studies.
College bachelor students must attend one of the following Minor courses:
All of the College’s courses are taught in English through innovative teaching methods.
Each of the minors includes a period of study abroad and a series of workshops and lectures of the student’s choice, with the purpose of developing the necessary transferrable skills for making the most of study and employment opportunities.
The Masters’ programme is highly personalized and offers:
- a 6 CFU teaching course in History of the Modern Scientific Cultures;
- the possibility to attend one class chosen among the 14 Phd Programmes offered by Ca’ Foscari University, to make College senior students enjoy a third-level educational experience;
- the 6 CFU College thesis, as an interdisciplinary work to be discussed in a public examination, after obtaining the academic degree.
Two 2-year programmes (Majors), in Humanities and in Social Sciences, are offered since a.y. 2023-24:
• World Cultures and Heritage, that aims to provide students with a critical understanding of world cultures from different historical periods and geographical areas, fostering a wide-ranging study of philosophical perspectives, literary works, and cultural heritage.
• Policies and Institutions for Social Impact, that aims to provide analytical tools for students willing to become agents for change and social impact in their future jobs as regulators, policy makers, analysts, managers etc.
Both programmes offer a postgraduate Master's Degree (Master di II livello), legally certified in Italy by the Ministry of Education as per art. 2 of DM 1093/2021.
Last update: 04/07/2023